OT- this is very odd

Old September 2nd 06, 02:29 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default OT- this is very odd

http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...wo_dimensions/
But it gives us an idea... how about if we sneakily photograph all of
our troops in Iraq like this, then stand them up in the Green Zone and
quietly leave while no one's looking? The Iraqis will think we're still
there!
It's brilliant! This is that sort of high-tech transformational warfare
we've been talking about! ;-)

DARPA
Old September 2nd 06, 03:10 PM posted to sci.space.history
Gareth Slee

Pat Flannery wrote:

The Iraqis will think we're still
there!
It's brilliant! This is that sort of high-tech transformational warfare
we've been talking about! ;-)

The cardboard cut-out's will probably be better shots :-)

--
Gareth Slee
Old September 2nd 06, 04:02 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Gareth Slee wrote:

The cardboard cut-out's will probably be better shots :-)

We take war-weary Humvees, put them under remote control, and stick
crews of these things in them.
Except rather than being made out of foam, they are made out of sheets
of plastic explosive with embedded ball bearings.
The effect of setting off a IED next to one and having that followed up
a split second later by half a city block vanishing in a huge explosion
with zero loss of U.S. troops will make the insurgents extremely
unpopular with the indigenous population in no time flat.
Speaking of flat, our own troops will be able to travel safely through
Baghdad by passing through the city in buses with each trooper staring
straight out a window with a completely fixed goofy grin on their face.
No one would dare take a shot at the bus for fear of the catastrophic
explosion that might follow. :-)

Pat
Old September 2nd 06, 04:06 PM posted to sci.space.history
Gareth Slee

Pat Flannery wrote:

Gareth Slee wrote:

[...]

I'd love to live inside your head for one day, I really would :-)

--
Gareth Slee
Old September 2nd 06, 07:59 PM posted to sci.space.history
TimK

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...wo_dimensions/
But it gives us an idea... how about if we sneakily photograph all of our
troops in Iraq like this, then stand them up in the Green Zone and quietly
leave while no one's looking? The Iraqis will think we're still there!
It's brilliant! This is that sort of high-tech transformational warfare
we've been talking about! ;-)

DARPA

Yet more evidence that someone's watching too much TV?

Old September 2nd 06, 10:06 PM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

Gareth Slee wrote:

The cardboard cut-out's will probably be better shots :-)

Why is it that Imperial Stormtroopers can fire precisely when shooting a
Sandcrawler, but can't hit lined up rebel troops?

Old September 2nd 06, 10:18 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

TimK wrote:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...wo_dimensions/
But it gives us an idea... how about if we sneakily photograph all of our
troops in Iraq like this, then stand them up in the Green Zone and quietly
leave while no one's looking? The Iraqis will think we're still there!
It's brilliant! This is that sort of high-tech transformational warfare
we've been talking about! ;-)

DARPA

Yet more evidence that someone's watching too much TV?

(Cut to image of three-year old kid watching Tom and Jerry cartoons, as
Jerry runs over Tom with a steamroller flattening him out into a thin
slab on the street. In horror, the child suddenly looks at the "Flat
Daddy" sitting on the couch, and realizes that dad _is already_ home
from Iraq, but those insurgent rats that he was talking about in his
emails got him but good.)

Pat

Old September 3rd 06, 11:41 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...wo_dimensions/
But it gives us an idea... how about if we sneakily photograph all of our
troops in Iraq like this, then stand them up in the Green Zone and quietly
leave while no one's looking? The Iraqis will think we're still there!
It's brilliant! This is that sort of high-tech transformational warfare
we've been talking about! ;-)

DARPA

Bart: So all right, folks, I know you're a bit confused wondering what
you're doing out in the middle of the prairie in the middle of the night.

Townsfolk: You bet your ass!

Bart: I'm hip. Now, before the sun comes up we're going to build on this
site an exact replica of the town of Rock Ridge. Every building, every
storefront, every rock and every tree, right down to the orange roof on
Howard Johnson's outhouse.

Van Johnson: I get it! And tomorrow when Hedley Lamarr and his men come
riding in to destroy the real Rock Ridge, they'll actually be destroying the
fake Rock Ridge! But they'll think
it's the real Rock Ridge, but we'll know it's the fake Rock Ridge!