Apollo: One gas environment?

Old May 4th 04, 07:31 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
I'm following
standard American English practice

Besides, *we're* right! Look at the resources we save by not adding all of
those extra "u"s!

Old May 4th 04, 07:43 PM
Scott Hedrick

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
As one who was born & raised in the food
service industry

Been there, done that, can't say I miss it.

Although the chicken fryer I operated was a mighty fine piece of equipment.
Properly pampered, it made the best chicken I've ever tasted. Actually got
an award one time

My chicken was the most stolen by the Social Security set (it was an
all-you-can-eat place, and they tended to think that included their own
kitchens).

Old May 4th 04, 07:52 PM
Neil Gerace

"Scott Hedrick" wrote in message
. ..

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
I'm following
standard American English practice

Besides, *we're* right! Look at the resources we save by not adding all of
those extra "u"s!

Well, yes. It's true you're just taking out the u's the Normans put in the
Latin roots.

Old May 4th 04, 08:32 PM
Ami Silberman

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
Another reason is that properties of foods can vary by quite a bit.
Bakers have it even worse because the enviroment in the kitchen can
further amplify these differences.

And doneness temperatures for meats can vary depending on cooking method.
Cook something for long enough and an internal temp of 145 F can be more
done than the same cut quickly cooked to 160F. One of the most reasuring
experiences of my culinary life was finding out that salmonella is killed at
137 F., at which temperature chicken is still inedible.

Old May 4th 04, 09:36 PM
OM

On Wed, 5 May 2004 02:52:16 +0800, "Neil Gerace"
wrote:

Well, yes. It's true you're just taking out the u's the Normans put in the
Latin roots.

....And if you look closely, you'll see that "norman" is almost an
anagram for "moron".

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 4th 04, 09:38 PM
OM

On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:43:43 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

Although the chicken fryer I operated was a mighty fine piece of equipment.
Properly pampered, it made the best chicken I've ever tasted. Actually got
an award one time

....GE makes a 4-quart fryer that's the only consumer-level fryer I've
come across that allows you to get the food deep enough in the fat to
fry it just like you would in a restaurant. Anything else just doesn't
do the job right, and the damn thing's only about $50 too.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 4th 04, 09:39 PM
OM

On Tue, 4 May 2004 16:06:33 GMT, (Henry Spencer)
wrote:

The Canadian weather people quote pressure in kPa.

....After they upgraded from microfortrans and kilobasics, natch :-)

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 4th 04, 10:21 PM
Pat Flannery

Derek Lyons wrote:

My wife and I regard garlic as a vegetable, not as a spice or
aromatic.

Garlic is good; I'd hate to think of pizza or pasta without garlic.

Pat

Old May 4th 04, 10:46 PM
Pat Flannery

Henry Spencer wrote:

Now, now, be nice, or we'll start selling lessons in how to kick the butts
of American invaders. :-)

If we hadn't been drunk it would have worked; and you'd be a citizen of
New Ireland.

The Fenians

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM