Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old November 28th 16, 10:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Cloudy with occasional showers here in Gresham. As of 1:15 PM PST it is 49F, which will probably be the high for the day, and a southwesterly breeze.

Fidel Castro's funeral will be next Sunday. Anybody here going?

Double-A

Old November 29th 16, 09:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

High noon here in Gresham. Again 49F. No rain today. Partly sunny and calm.

Took my monthly accumulated large trash bag full of beer cans over to the redemption center. Centralizing returns has resulted in longer lines, and the line this morning was very long! Walked across Gresham again to the library.

This weather is to enjoy while it lasts. Looks like the week ahead has nothing but rain!

Double-A

Old December 1st 16, 09:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy and 45F as of 12:45 PM PST here in Gresham. Occasional showers. Breeze out of the south at 5 mph. Humidity 83%.

Had a nice lunch with Kim yesterday.

Double-A

Old December 2nd 16, 08:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Calm and cloudy here in Gresham. Ground is wet from earlier rains. 44F as of 10:45 AM PST here. More rain expected this afternoon and continuing though the weekend. Talk of snow is in the forecast! Of course, it's December.

I picked up one of the free newspapers when I got to the library yesterday. (They go fast!) Most people can't afford to subscribe anymore. An article talked about how many students in school around the greater Portland area are homeless! At Reynolds High School, less than 10 miles from here, about 10 percent of the students are homeless! Makes you wonder if they do a lot of sleeping at school, because that is the only warm place they have to go. The percentage of homeless students has been steadily increasing lately. Rising rents are forcing more and more families into the parks! My one rent will increase by $100 next month! My Social Security COLA will give me en increase of only $4.38!

Double-A

Old December 3rd 16, 12:23 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 11:11:27 AM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Sunny but very windy and cool.I was homeless at 14 and graduated high school.The war was on and it did not get me into trouble.I made $$$ and slept in a car when I was 15. It was the worse of times,and the best of times.Revere Beach saved me. TreBert
Old December 3rd 16, 09:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 3:23:39 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

I think the problem here is that the politicians gave Intel and other high tech companies tax incentives (no property taxes) to move here, claiming it would bean more jobs. What happened was not more jobs for the locals, but the bringing up of lots of high paid Californians to fill the jobs. These new arrivals have crowded the locals out of their homes by driving up the prices of housing and rent. The only people who made money off of this was the developers, real estate agents, and existing landlords. For so many people it has been a disaster!

49F as of 12:15 PM PST here in Gresham. Sun shining though clouds as the rain has let up for a little while. Breeze out of the southwest at 7 mph.

Double-A

Old December 11th 16, 10:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 12:33:13 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 10:51:37 AM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 1:20:37 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier
wrote:
On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 3:28:45 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier
wrote:
On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 1:25:17 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier
wrote:
On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 12:57:56 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Light snow on the
ground this morning! Currently 36F here in Gresham as of 12:45
PM PST. Wind out of the SW at 7 mph. Humidity 90%.
Cool nights warm days and no clouds. Maxicalifornia is no place
for Santa. Trump relates to Santa since they don't pay taxes,and
tell if you are good or bad.Only big $$$$$$ people have fire
places,and an have Trump as thier landlord. TreBert

Double-A

Will Trump make you pay taxes if you win big? Life is not fair
TreBert

Time mag.listed all of Trump's tricky lies to make him a winner,WOW
Well it was a sad,sad race. I'm afraid we the people had best drink
TANG with their Severn Trent Water,and take their last ride in a Waste
Management dumster.Being cremated means here you want stink up Disney
Land or Beverly Hills. Trebert

Very cool mornings,and very bright afternoons.No rain for Christmas but
Boston will have a snow storm for sure. Might go to Vegas for
Christmas?? Its a 4 hour ride 15 all the way in. TreBert

If I go i'll fly John Wayne airport is very close. Very cool and had a few
drops of rain WOW It feels like Boston in Sept. Trebert

No driving the van over an icy pass? I used to work with a guy who once
worked for Disney. He said he and his wife would drive every weekend from
Anaheim to Las Vegas!

You might say Christmas came early here this year! Three days of ice and
snow with temps in the 20s! I just hunkered down. Mostly melted now.

Currently back to the normal 44F as of 1:30 PM PST here in Gresham with
scattered rain showers. Wind out of the SW at 8 mph.

Last Wednesday the east wind was gusting up to 50 mph when I met Kim for
lunch! But it wasn't yet so cold yet. Later lots of ice build up on the
trees and power lines causing lots of problems. The MAX Trains couldn't run
because the rely on overhead lines to get their power, and they were all
covered with ice!

I put my time to good use trying out an electric teapot Kim gave me that
will boil water in 3 minutes! Drank lots of tea and coffee to keep warm.
Can't afford to use much electricity for heat.

Then my microwave oven arrived! Purchased completely on my line of credit,
and delivered directly to my door! Managed to lift the 40 lb. device up
onto the counter. I'm not near as strong as back in the old days when I
used to throw 40 lb. hay bales up onto a hay wagon! Got it set up and
tested it on a bag of popcorn Kim that gave me years ago. It worked fine,
and I was surprised that the popcorn wasn't even stale!

Had 4 squirrels chasing each other around the backyard. Where are they all
coming from?

Double-A

***Keep them away from Hagar's trailer - they're prime victuals in his
trailer park.

Old December 11th 16, 11:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Cujo DeSockpuppet[_2_]

"Notroll2016" wrote in
news

wrote:
[...]

Them's good eatin', boy.

Overlord of alt.****nozzles. Winner of the 8/2000, 2/2003 & 4/2007 HL&S
"Christ was just an enlightened person, not unlike me." -Edmo the humble
Old December 12th 16, 09:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

I'm feeding them almonds to fatten them up for the Christmas table!

Don't let Hagar fool you. He's a rich bourgeoisie fat cat!

Partly cloudy today here in Gresham with some sum poking through. Currently 44F as of 12:15 PM PST. Wind out of the south. But the east wind and colder air is expected to return Wednesday, and perhaps snow by Thursday.

It must be boring living in a place where it's just sunny and warm year round.

I see Trump is appointing big oil men and big bankers to important positions in his administration. Yes! Yes! Give the bad men all the goo jobs! Hail Trump!

Double-A

Old December 13th 16, 08:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

I see Trump is appointing big oil men and big bankers to important positions in his administration. Yes! Yes! Give the bad men all the good jobs! Hail Trump!

Double-A

38F here in Gresham as of 11:45 AM PST. East wind at 13 mph expected to increase in strength tonight. Perhaps snow tomorrow.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM