Spaceship One lands

Old June 22nd 04, 09:37 AM
Neil Gerace

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message ...
In message MPG.1b4162ae44647e2a9896ed@news-server, Diane Wilson
writes
In article ,
says...
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:16:42 -0400, Rick DeNatale
wrote:

I'm probably not going to be the first to post this, but SS1 just

landed
after successfully reaching 62 miles altitude!

Little though I want to contradict you, when last I checked the story
the altitude still wasn't confirmed. That was fairly late today.

According to
www.spaceflightnow.com, it was 100.1241 km. 124 meters
to spare!

Wow. They would _not_ have been happy if it was 99.8759 km :-)

They shoulda picked a point where the geoid was lower

Old June 22nd 04, 09:39 AM
Dale

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:10:32 +0800, "Neil Gerace"
wrote:

Yes, and I believe that if Paul Allen is really committed to this project,
the orbital tour coach will happen eventually. I'd be looking for Spaceship
XP sometime in the next 15 years

Yeah, right after his Seattle Seahawks win the Super Bowl

Dale

Could they hold a Super Bowl in Hell, after it freezes over?
Old June 22nd 04, 10:27 AM
Neil Gerace

"Dale" wrote in message
news
Could they hold a Super Bowl in Hell, after it freezes over?

Hell *has* frozen over. The Eagles are touring again.

Old June 22nd 04, 12:00 PM
Mark

"Neil Gerace" wrote in message ...
Be funny if it was a birdstrike.

Don't think the bird would be laughing much .

Mark
Old June 22nd 04, 12:30 PM
Mike Flugennock

wrote:

Yes, and I believe that if Paul Allen is really committed to this project,
the orbital tour coach will happen eventually. I'd be looking for Spaceship
XP sometime in the next 15 years

Yeah, right after his Seattle Seahawks win the Super Bowl

Careful, there, pal. Nobody saw the '68 New York Jets coming.

Dale

Could they hold a Super Bowl in Hell, after it freezes over?

Well-llll...where'd they have it _this_ year? Judging from the halftime
show, it was a little bit of Hell on Earth.

--
"All over, people changing their votes,
along with their overcoats;
Old June 22nd 04, 12:34 PM
Alan Erskine

"Neil Gerace" wrote in message

"Dale" wrote in message
news
Could they hold a Super Bowl in Hell, after it freezes over?

Hell *has* frozen over. The Eagles are touring again.

No, no, no.... They didn't break up, they only took a 14 year vacation.
(touring Melbourne soon - first concert sold out within an hour, second
concert sold out within the next hour and they are currently selling tickets
for the third concert). 14,000 seat venue.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old June 22nd 04, 12:43 PM
Neil Gerace

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"Neil Gerace" wrote in message

"Dale" wrote in message
news
Could they hold a Super Bowl in Hell, after it freezes over?

Hell *has* frozen over. The Eagles are touring again.

No, no, no.... They didn't break up, they only took a 14 year vacation.
(touring Melbourne soon - first concert sold out within an hour, second
concert sold out within the next hour and they are currently selling

tickets
for the third concert). 14,000 seat venue.

We here in Perth only get one, which is better than last time when they
passed us by altogether. They haven't been here since 1976.

Old June 22nd 04, 12:57 PM
Alan Erskine

"Neil Gerace" wrote in message

We here in Perth only get one, which is better than last time when they
passed us by altogether. They haven't been here since 1976.

Demographics is such a dirty word - Perth's only one third the size of
Melbourne ;-) ('nother cheezy grin)

Old June 22nd 04, 01:15 PM
Neil Gerace

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
news
"Neil Gerace" wrote in message

We here in Perth only get one, which is better than last time when they
passed us by altogether. They haven't been here since 1976.

Demographics is such a dirty word - Perth's only one third the size of
Melbourne ;-) ('nother cheezy grin)

Good things come in small packages

Old June 22nd 04, 01:58 PM
Gene DiGennaro

Now that private industry has an X-15 style ship flying, hopefully
they'll be able to fit her with some experiment packages paid for by
universities, just like the old X-15. Can't wait to see spacehip one
with external fuel tanks and pink ablative coatings a la X-15A2!

Gene DiGennaro
Baltimore, Md.