Space Station Modules Proposed by UK Scientists

Old January 17th 08, 05:38 AM posted to sci.space.station
Space Balls

Default Space Station Modules Proposed by UK Scientists

http://www.space.com/businesstechnol...itish-iss.html

Will it ever come to fruition?
Old January 18th 08, 04:50 AM posted to sci.space.station
kuhnfucius

My first thought was: Why didn't they propose this years ago (say after
NASA canceled their version of HAB mod). Now it seems like well...."forget
that we didn't do much to help build the space station, but our intentions
are good". I doubt they can keep the time line mentioned in the article.
By they time G.B. gets around to doing, private enterprise will have done it
(I hope).
To my knowledged (not aurthoritive) the stations arm has only been used to
_unload_ (used for work around station, yes) from the shuttle bay. Many
complication, ie. the ride up must be included in the proposal. "OK, we
made these neat HABs who wants to pay for the launch?" Budgets are already
being set many years in advance and if the ESA does pickup the bill who?
NASA is having trouble getting ESA to provide some support missions after
the shuttle.

Old January 18th 08, 05:27 AM posted to sci.space.station
frédéric haessig

"Space Balls" a écrit dans le message de news:
0RBjj.7330$YW6.3966@trndny07...
http://www.space.com/businesstechnol...itish-iss.html

Will it ever come to fruition?

Since, up to now, the Uk civilian space budget is rather small ( British
contribution to ESA is only slightly larger than Belgium and ESA had to pick
up the tab for Beagle II ) and Uk has consistently been against manned space
flight, I think the chances of this being financed are slight to non.

Old January 19th 08, 03:49 PM posted to sci.space.station
Jeff Findley

"frédéric haessig" wrote in message

"Space Balls" a écrit dans le message de news:
0RBjj.7330$YW6.3966@trndny07...
http://www.space.com/businesstechnol...itish-iss.html

Will it ever come to fruition?

Since, up to now, the Uk civilian space budget is rather small ( British
contribution to ESA is only slightly larger than Belgium and ESA had to
pick up the tab for Beagle II ) and Uk has consistently been against
manned space flight, I think the chances of this being financed are slight
to non.

Which makes it no different than many other proposals by the UK.

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein

Old February 16th 08, 12:56 AM posted to sci.space.station
Joseph S. Powell, III

"frédéric haessig" wrote in message

"Space Balls" a écrit dans le message de news:
0RBjj.7330$YW6.3966@trndny07...
http://www.space.com/businesstechnol...itish-iss.html

Will it ever come to fruition?

Since, up to now, the Uk civilian space budget is rather small

That's because they spent most of it on that damn Guenivere Mars probe that
was almost responsible for getting a good chunk of Earth's population
killed; I'm A -Positive blood-type, so I sort of took this thing
personally....

Old February 16th 08, 08:41 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

No but the Irish one is nearly finishe, just the wind turbine to fit
now...:-)

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -