The Planetary Society - Unskilled and Unaware Of It.

Old February 14th 08, 08:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Default The Planetary Society - Unskilled and Unaware Of It.

http://planetary.org/about/press/rel...s_on_Mars.html

Look at these people. Look at the graphic they present.

There is only one conclusion here :

Unskilled and unaware of it :

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

The Planetary Society : Unskilled and unaware of their stupidity.

Celebrating 50 Years of Post Sputnik Education in America.
Old February 14th 08, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Feb 14, 2:05*pm, kT wrote:
http://planetary.org/about/press/rel...ce_Experts_Say...

Look at these people. Look at the graphic they present.

There is only one conclusion here :

Unskilled and unaware of it :

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

The Planetary Society : Unskilled and unaware of their stupidity.

Celebrating 50 Years of Post Sputnik Education in America.

They obviously are fans of Ben Bova's Mars books.
Old February 14th 08, 10:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Fevric J Glandules[_2_]

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:05:25 -0600, kT wrote:

http://planetary.org/about/press/rel...s_on_Mars.html

Look at these people. Look at the graphic they present.

The credit for the graphic says it was done for NASA.
And here are the attendees:

FIRST LAST AFFILIATION
Buzz Aldrin Astronaut and Moon Walker
James F. Bell Cornell University
Ron Birk Northrup-Grumman Corp
David Black University Space Research Association (Ret.)
Jim Cantrell Strategic Space Development Inc.
Brian Cantwell Stanford University
Bill Clancey Institute for Human Machine Cognition
Nancy Colleton Institute for Global Environmental Strategies
Paul Eckert Boeing
Bob Farquhar National Air and Space Museum
Chris Field Stanford University
Lennard A. Fisk Michigan Aerospace Corp.
Peter Friedland Computer Scientist
Louis Friedman The Planetary Society
Lori Garver The Avascent Group
Noel Hinners Lockheed Martin (Ret.)
Scott J. "Doc" Horowitz Astronaut
Scott Hubbard Stanford University
Russell L. Kerschman Ames Research Center
John Klineberg LORAL (Ret.)
Pascal Lee Mars Institute
Lon Levin SkySeven Ventures
John Logsdon George Washington University
Stephen Mackwell University Space Research Association LPI
Mike McCulley Astronaut
Chris McKay Ames Research Center
Brian K. Muirhead Johnson Space Center
Thomas Pierson SETI Institute
Charlie Precourt ATK-Thiokol
Ken Reightler Lockheed Martin
Joe Rothenberg Universal Space Network
Russell L. Schweickart Astronaut
Marijean T. Seelbach Lockheed Martin
Mark Sirangelo Space Dev
Doug Stetson Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Kathryn C. Thornton University of Virginia
Neil De Grasse Tyson Hayden Planetarium
Jim Voss Space Dev

--
One way ticket from Mornington Crescent to Tannhauser Gate please.
Old February 14th 08, 11:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Fevric J Glandules wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:05:25 -0600, kT wrote:

http://planetary.org/about/press/rel...s_on_Mars.html

Look at these people. Look at the graphic they present.

The credit for the graphic says it was done for NASA.

Then why the **** is the Planetary Society cheerleading for these
idiots? If you thought cowboys and horseys on the moon wasn't funny
enough, now these idiots are talking cowboys and horseys on Mars!

[...]

All these people, and this is their statement?

God, Americans are so ****ing dumb.

Here's a statement :

Fly the ****ing rockets that you have, people.

Build better rockets using the parts of the rockets that you have, and
then fly them too, in addition to the rockets that you already have :

http://webpages.charter.net/tsiolkov...oposal/IPO.doc

(Hint : only use the good parts, don't use the bad parts)

Then, build even better rockets using new parts and fly those too.

These people have a disease, I don't know if it's just television
combined with the utter failure of the American educational system, or
what, but these people are ill, if they think this statement means
something, or even anything. We need a doublespeak translator here.

Does anybody here speak doublespeak, so that we may understand the true
depths of their ignorance?
Old February 15th 08, 01:46 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

On Feb 14, 2:55 pm, kT wrote:
Fevric J Glandules wrote:
[...]

More like dumb and dumber, snookered and thus quite dumbfounded past
the point of no return.

Here's a statement :

Fly the ****ing rockets that you have, people.

Build better rockets using the parts of the rockets that you have, and
then fly them too, in addition to the rockets that you already have :

http://webpages.charter.net/tsiolkov...oposal/IPO.doc

(Hint : only use the good parts, don't use the bad parts)

Then, build even better rockets using new parts and fly those too.

These people have a disease, I don't know if it's just television
combined with the utter failure of the American educational system, or
what, but these people are ill, if they think this statement means
something, or even anything. We need a doublespeak translator here.

That's true enough.

Does anybody here speak doublespeak, so that we may understand the true
depths of their ignorance?

Folks here in Usenet and the mainstream media really are dumbfounded
past the point of no return. The Planetary Society is simply another
incest sticky part of their grand ruse/sting of the century, and even
as smart as you supposedly are, it seems as though you're still
falling for it.
.. - Brad Guth
Old February 15th 08, 01:53 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
robert casey

Fevric J Glandules wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:05:25 -0600, kT wrote:

http://planetary.org/about/press/rel...s_on_Mars.html

Look at these people. Look at the graphic they present.

The credit for the graphic says it was done for NASA.

It's just a throw-away picture some artist made up. I doubt that they'd
let astronauts actually do that...
Old February 15th 08, 03:41 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

On Feb 14, 6:53 pm, robert casey wrote:
Fevric J Glandules wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:05:25 -0600, kT wrote:

http://planetary.org/about/press/rel...ce_Experts_Say...

Look at these people. Look at the graphic they present.

The credit for the graphic says it was done for NASA.

It's just a throw-away picture some artist made up. I doubt that they'd
let astronauts actually do that...

They killed the link already, and in record time too.

Really, that was just too much to take. Perhaps I need to see a
psychologist, so that I can handle this kind of stupidity better.
Old February 15th 08, 06:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Martha Adams

Fevric J Glandules wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:05:25 -0600, kT wrote:

http://planetary.org/about/press/rel...ce_Experts_Say...

Look at these people. Look at the graphic they present.

The credit for the graphic says it was done for NASA.

It's just a throw-away picture some artist made up. I doubt that
they'd
let astronauts actually do that...

They killed the link already, and in record time too.

Really, that was just too much to take. Perhaps I need to see a
psychologist, so that I can handle this kind of stupidity better.

Why do people who think they have something to say,
impeach themselves with it? "A tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Titeotwawki -- mha [sci.space.policy 2008 Feb 15]

Old February 15th 08, 11:28 AM posted to sci.space.station
Russell[_2_]

Fevric J Glandules wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:05:25 -0600, kT wrote:

http://planetary.org/about/press/rel...ce_Experts_Say...

Look at these people. Look at the graphic they present.

The credit for the graphic says it was done for NASA.

It's just a throw-away picture some artist made up. I doubt that they'd
let astronauts actually do that...

They killed the link already, and in record time too.

Really, that was just too much to take. Perhaps I need to see a
psychologist, so that I can handle this kind of stupidity better.

The article is still there.
Just go to
http://www.planetary.org/home/

...and click on the link on the left:
"News
Space Experts Say: Put Humans on Mars While Sustaining NASA's Science
Mission"

Old February 15th 08, 01:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Fevric J Glandules wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:05:25 -0600, kT wrote:

http://planetary.org/about/press/rel...ce_Experts_Say...

Look at these people. Look at the graphic they present.

The credit for the graphic says it was done for NASA.

It's just a throw-away picture some artist made up. I doubt that they'd
let astronauts actually do that...

They killed the link already, and in record time too.

Really, that was just too much to take. Perhaps I need to see a
psychologist, so that I can handle this kind of stupidity better.

Why do people who think they have something to say,
impeach themselves with it? "A tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

You know, your right. I wish the Planetary Society all the luck in the
world getting to Mars and hanging from wires on cliff faces using all of
the cowboys and horseys at their disposal. It's a grand vision isn't it?

Meanwhile, back on Earth, there appears to be a little altercation down
at the saloon. Well, ok, it's an all out firefight. But it's good for
business, right! Soon there will be a railroad through these parts.