My radio meteor listening days numbered?

Old July 25th 06, 12:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Boschat

Default My radio meteor listening days numbered?

Hi all:

I did a test by tuning my meteor radio to 83.25, 83.24, and 83.26 MHz
on AM mode and can *just * hear that new 100,000 watt station on 88.9 MHz as
a faint choppy sound. I use 83.24 MHz on CW mode and hear choppy static but
no voice or music -- yet.

My other alternative is to drop frequency to 67.25 (Ch.4) but it seems no-one
here in Halifax has a specturm analyzer to tune my filter to that frequency and
to do it by trial and error moving the filter rod is a long shot.

I'm ( hopefully ) moving Sept.1 back to the "bunker" as I call it in this
building which is on the ground floor facing NW. I don't know if the radio will
get many meteors or eliminate the station a bit more.

When I move my visual and radio observing may be no more.

See what develops.

--

Clear skies