Do Blackholes Form Galaxies ???

Old November 22nd 03, 02:45 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Do Blackholes Form Galaxies ???

Blackhole was there first and draws all the material(star making
material) towards it,and stars are formed,and over time you have a
galaxy. A blackhole can't be at the center of a galaxy any other way. We
read that the Milky Ways blackhole has a mass of 2.6 million suns. In
galaxy NGC the Hubble has made a picture of a massive blackhole,and the
image clearly shows a huge spiral of gas and dust,800 LY across,which is
fueling the BH. Is the size of the BH relative to the size of the
galaxy that it has created? Bert

Old November 22nd 03, 11:13 PM
Swodniw

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:45:32 -0500 (EST),
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

[....]
In
galaxy NGC the Hubble has made a picture of a massive blackhole

How do they do that? What does it look like?

Old November 23rd 03, 12:08 AM
Kilolani

Galaxy NGC? Hmmm... the last I knew the New General Catalong has about
8,000 objects and less than half of them are galaxies. Would you care to be
more specific?

Old November 23rd 03, 12:08 AM
Kilolani

"Swodniw" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:45:32 -0500 (EST),
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

[....]
In
galaxy NGC the Hubble has made a picture of a massive blackhole

How do they do that? What does it look like?

ummm.... black?

Old November 23rd 03, 01:03 PM
Painius

"Kilolani" wrote in message...
link.net...

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message

Blackhole was there first and draws all the material(star making
material) towards it,and stars are formed,and over time you have a
galaxy. A blackhole can't be at the center of a galaxy any other way. We
read that the Milky Ways blackhole has a mass of 2.6 million suns. In
galaxy NGC the Hubble has made a picture of a massive blackhole,and the
image clearly shows a huge spiral of gas and dust,800 LY across,which is
fueling the BH. Is the size of the BH relative to the size of the
galaxy that it has created? Bert

Galaxy NGC? Hmmm... the last I knew the New General Catalong has about
8,000 objects and less than half of them are galaxies. Would you care to be
more specific?

'Lo Kilolani --

From Bert's description my guess would be NGC 4438...

http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/space/0...e.black.holes/

....truly awesome!

and hth...

The New General Catalog (NGC), standard reference list of
nebulae, is based on the General Catalog, published in 1864.
The GC included 2,500 nebulae cataloged by William Herschel
and an additional 2,500 cataloged by his son, John Herschel.

The General Catalog was combined with work of other observers
and the resulting total of more than 7,800 entries was published
as the New General Catalog of Nebulae by J. Dreyer in 1888.
This work was updated by publication of two Index Catalogs (IC),
in 1895 and 1910.

More than 13,000 objects are listed in these works, of which
more than 12,000 are extragalactic nebulae (galaxies). Some
nebulae listed in the NGC are also listed in the Messier catalog,
e.g., the Andromeda Galaxy is listed both as NGC 224 and as
M31.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Are you lonely?
Are you only one of many lonely ones?

Paine Ellsworth

Old November 23rd 03, 02:43 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Swodbiw Sorry I did leave out the NGC number it is 4261. I could have
used the "Seyfert" galaxy just as well. Its center shines with the
brightness of a billion suns,and it is said its blackhole has a mass 100
million time that of our sun. I chose the NGC 4261 galaxy because it is
shaped like a donut(Hubble image) Both make my point,which is the
relationship between blackholes and galaxies,and blackholes came out of
the dense cloud,and helped stars of our sun's density to form. This
center blackhole had to absorb a few million stars that were to close
,and could not find a suitable orbit.(angular motion) Our galaxy on
edge looks like a fried egg. From our view we can't see the Milky way's
bulge of bright stars(to much space dust) The galaxy with the brightest
core bulge should have the biggest blackhole. Its ironic that its bright
light that shows the presence of a blackhole when viewing a spiral
galaxy. Bert Sorry again for leaving out the number 4261

Old November 23rd 03, 07:37 PM
Stinger

Here's some interesting reading along that vein.
http://www.space.com/scienceastronom..._030128-1.html

Be sure to look at the box on the bottom right.

-- Stinger