NASA looks at plan to blot out Sun

Old November 19th 06, 09:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected][_1_]

Default NASA looks at plan to blot out Sun

http://tinyurl.com/ycrmtd

Old November 20th 06, 01:11 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Unclaimed Mysteries

wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/ycrmtd

"Since the beginning of time Man has yearned to destroy the Sun ..."
-C. Montgomery Burns

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
Old November 23rd 06, 05:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy
steve[_1_]

If we can not reduce global warming by other means and people are not
willing to act quick enough to reduce the release of CO2 and methane
etc. this could be the only way of cooling the Earth enough to prevent
large scale famines and flooding.
It may already be to late to prevent global warming by simply reducing
emmisions once the ice caps start melting and the tundra starts
releasing methane.
I do not have access to the required statistics so can not tell what
the real situation is , but I could easily see that the situation could
get out of control and we would end up in a similar state to Venus.

Old December 1st 06, 01:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"steve" wrote:

:
:If we can not reduce global warming by other means and people are not
:willing to act quick enough to reduce the release of CO2 and methane
:etc. this could be the only way of cooling the Earth enough to prevent
:large scale famines and flooding.
:It may already be to late to prevent global warming by simply reducing
:emmisions once the ice caps start melting and the tundra starts
:releasing methane.
:I do not have access to the required statistics so can not tell what
:the real situation is , but I could easily see that the situation could
:get out of control and we would end up in a similar state to Venus.

Speaking of which, I have a question for the 'Global Warming' folks.

One of the things that is continually pointed to as 'evidence' is the
2004 and 2005 hurricane systems, which were at the 'severe' and of
things. The counter argument of 'natural variability' is inevitably
pooh poohed as meaningless.

Today is the last day of the 2006 hurricane season. Won't someone who
insists the last two hurricane seasons are 'proof' of Global Warming
explain to us all why this year's season isn't a firm proof that
Global Warming is over?

Why, if Global Warming is driving ferocious hurricane seasons, did
this year's end with only 5 named Atlantic storms, NONE of which were
strong enough to actually make it across the Atlantic and hit the
United States?

Remember, 'natural variability' isn't an acceptable answer, since it's
not an acceptable explanation for the 2004 and 2005 seasons.

--
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to
live in the real world." -- Mary Shafer, NASA Dryden
Old December 2nd 06, 08:38 AM posted to sci.space.policy
steve[_1_]

I live in Australia and 2006 has been quite a year with two Force 5
cyclones hitting Queensland. I think Asia recieved several major storms
as well so I think this year is still one of the major storm years of
all time.
There is more to the world than just the USA !!!

Old December 2nd 06, 03:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"steve" wrote:

:
:I live in Australia and 2006 has been quite a year with two Force 5
:cyclones hitting Queensland. I think Asia recieved several major storms
:as well so I think this year is still one of the major storm years of
:all time.
:There is more to the world than just the USA !!!

In other words, you have no explanation for the observed phenomenon
and so just want to engage in misdirection.

territory."
--G. Behn

NASA to reveal moon plan [email protected] Astronomy Misc 7 October 4th 05 08:39 PM
NASA to reveal moon plan Art Deco Misc 0 October 4th 05 04:06 PM
NASA releasing updated ISS plan Jacques van Oene News 0 March 15th 05 05:53 PM
NASA releasing updated ISS plan Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 March 15th 05 05:52 PM
NASA Studying Russian 12-month Plan JimO Space Station 99 May 4th 04 08:31 AM