Theory of Evolution: Better than Houdini

Old February 5th 04, 04:38 AM
Ed Conrad

Default Theory of Evolution: Better than Houdini

Bet you didn't know know that the human eye has 40,000,000
nerve endings, that the focusing muscles move an estimated
100,000 times a day, and that the retina contains 137,000,000
light sensitive cells.

As George Gallup, the famous statistician, once said about
the theory of evolution:

"I could prove God statistically. Take the human body alone.
The chance that all the functions of the individual would just
happen, is a statistical monstrosity."

Or, as Albert Einstein once said:

"Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science
becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the
universe -- a spirit vastly superior to man, and one in the face
of which our modest powers must feel humble."

Or, as Charles Darwin himself once admitted:

``To suppose that the eye (with so many parts all working
together) . . . could have been formed by natural selection
seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."

Ed Conrad
http://www.edconrad.com

Man as Old as Coal

Old February 5th 04, 12:54 PM
# jpturcaud

Thank you !
This is very interesting and the comment from George Gallup is completely
admirable !

Here something to bring water to your mill, the discharge consecutive to the
spermatozoid meeting the ovum is in the order of 500 000 Volts !
.... and its aim is to allow only one spermatozoid to get inside, by
immediately freezing the ovum membrane.
( from the Bio-Electronique Vincent data base )

And lo and behold, this was known by the ancient Egyptians !
They called it the " the FIRE OF THOT "

So you see, the History of the Science is false too, since these people
knew 4000 years ago something which we are only rediscovering !

--
Sir Jean-Paul Turcaud
Australian Mining Pioneer

~~Ignorance Is The Cosmic Sin, The One Never Forgiven ! ~~

Old February 5th 04, 01:18 PM
Klaus Hellnick

"# jpturcaud" wrote in message
[...]

Good thing most people do not claim by chance. Also, how does the comment
"prove God"? This statement is full of fallacies.

Or, as Albert Einstein once said:

"Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science
becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the
universe -- a spirit vastly superior to man, and one in the face
of which our modest powers must feel humble."

Yes, Albert believed the laws of the universe were responsible for the
origin of all life on Earth. This is supposed to be some kind of problem for
scientists and other educated people?

Or, as Charles Darwin himself once admitted:

``To suppose that the eye (with so many parts all working
together) . . . could have been formed by natural selection
seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."

Which he "admitted" as a preface to a dissertation explaining several
possibilities about how the eye may have evolved. Try reading for
comprehension, or at least check the context.

Klaus

Ed Conrad
http://www.edconrad.com

Man as Old as Coal

Old February 5th 04, 06:57 PM
Bart Mathias

Klaus Hellnick wrote:
"# jpturcaud" wrote ...

Or, as Albert Einstein once said:

"Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science
becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the
universe -- a spirit vastly superior to man, and one in the face
of which our modest powers must feel humble."

Yes, Albert believed the laws of the universe were responsible for the
origin of all life on Earth. This is supposed to be some kind of problem for
scientists and other educated people?

Still, that "spirit" stuff sounds pretty dumb coming from someone who
was otherwise rather bright. Are the laws of the universe "superior" to
man?

Bart Mathias

Old February 5th 04, 07:07 PM
Richard Crawford

Bart Mathias wrote:
Klaus Hellnick wrote:

"# jpturcaud" wrote ...

Or, as Albert Einstein once said:

"Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science
becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the
universe -- a spirit vastly superior to man, and one in the face
of which our modest powers must feel humble."

Yes, Albert believed the laws of the universe were responsible for the
origin of all life on Earth. This is supposed to be some kind of problem for
scientists and other educated people?

Is this really a quote from Einstein? It doesn't sound like something
he would have said. Can I get a citation?

Old February 5th 04, 07:55 PM
Jo Schaper

Bart Mathias wrote:
Klaus Hellnick wrote:

"# jpturcaud" wrote ...

Or, as Albert Einstein once said:

"Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science
becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the
universe -- a spirit vastly superior to man, and one in the face
of which our modest powers must feel humble."

Yes, Albert believed the laws of the universe were responsible for the
origin of all life on Earth. This is supposed to be some kind of

problem for
scientists and other educated people?

Still, that "spirit" stuff sounds pretty dumb coming from someone who
was otherwise rather bright. Are the laws of the universe "superior" to
man?

Bart Mathias

We can only hope so. If the humans are running the universe, we are doomed.

Read Ideas and Opinions by Einstein someday, and recall that people only
speak as scientists about science; the rest of the time they are talking
as human beings. Einstein also functioned as a philosopher and
politician, as well as the guy who wouldn't wear socks and liked to play
the violin.

--
Geo Communications Services -- www.geocommunications.net
Jo Schaper's Missouri World -- http://www.missouriworld.net

Old February 5th 04, 11:35 PM
L.Roberts

Ed Conrad wrote in message . ..

LOL, the very human tendency of man to put himself right in
the center of an imagined creator's incomprehensionally vast universe!
And just like we may not have discovered all critters living on Earth
yet, Man may not have caught the attention of this imaginary creator
yet. What an imagination! Not to imagine that there might be a
creator, but
to imagine that this whole deal is centered on us! LOL!!! We aren't
too conceited are we? ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are a Skeptic, say so, if you are either a theist or an
atheist, you're stupid!
L.Roberts.

Old February 6th 04, 03:05 AM
lanny budd

Or, as it was actually spoken by Ed as his trained monkey typed it in
for him:

Bet you didn't know know dat de human eye has 40,000,000 nehbe
endiggs, duuhhhh, dat the, uh uh uh, focusigg muscles mobe an
estimated 100,000 times a day, 'n dat de retina contains 137,000,000
lite sensitibe cells.

As George Gallup, the, uh uh uh, famous statistician, oss said bou'
the, duh uhh, theory of ebolushun: "I cudd probe God statistical. Take
de human body alone. De chass dat all the, uh uh uh, funcshuns of de
indibidual wudd dgust happen, is a statistical monstrosity."

Or, as Albeht Einstein oss said: "Ebehyone who is sehious innerestid
in de pursuit of sciess becomes conbissd dat a spirit is manifest in
de laws of de ubehse -- a spirit bast supehior t' man, 'n one in the,
uh uh uh, face of which our modest powebuhrs must feel humbehle."

Or, as Charles Darwinb himself oss admitted: ``T' suppose dat the, uh,
eye (wid so many parts all workigg togedeh) . , GEEEHEEHEEE.. cudd
habe been f'mid by natural seleckion seems, duuhhhh, I free confess,
duuhhhh, absurd in de highest degree."

Old February 6th 04, 03:44 AM
Eros

Ed Conrad wrote in message . ..

Bet you didn't know know that the human eye has 40,000,000
nerve endings, that the focusing muscles move an estimated
100,000 times a day, and that the retina contains 137,000,000
light sensitive cells.

Ed, did you know that the human brain has an estimated 100,000,000,000
neurons, yet young-earth creationists only use about 5.

As George Gallup, the famous statistician, once said about
the theory of evolution:

"I could prove God statistically. Take the human body alone.
The chance that all the functions of the individual would just
happen, is a statistical monstrosity."

Straw-man arguments are such a bore!

Perhaps George could perform one of his famous opinion polls to
determine if what he claims is true. It would be far easier than
resorting to real science. Perhaps science should use George to
develop all its scientific theories... that'd save a whole bunch of
money on researchers' salaries!

Or, as Albert Einstein once said:

"Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science
becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the
universe -- a spirit vastly superior to man, and one in the face
of which our modest powers must feel humble."

Ummm... do you mean *this* Albert Einstein;-

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious
convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not
believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have
expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called
religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the
world so far as our science can reveal it." -- Albert Einstein: The
Human Side

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or
has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An
individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my
comprehension,...; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of
feeble souls." - Albert Einstein

"To assume the existence of an unperceivable being ... does not
facilitate understanding the orderliness we find in the perceivable
world." - Letter to an Iowa student who asked, What is God? July,
1953; Einstein Archive 59-085

Or, as Charles Darwin himself once admitted:

``To suppose that the eye (with so many parts all working
together) . . . could have been formed by natural selection
seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."

Oops! I think you should have kept reading, Ed! ;-

"To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for
adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different
amounts of light, and for the correction of Spherical and chromatic
aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I
freely confess, absurd in the highest degree. When it was first said
that the sun stood still and the world turned round, the common sense
of mankind declared the doctrine false; but the old saying of Vox
populi, vox Dei ["the voice of the people = the voice of God "], as
every philosopher knows, cannot be trusted in science. Reason tells
me, that if numerous gradations from a simple and imperfect eye to one
complex and perfect can be shown to exist, each grade being useful to
its possessor, as is certain the case; if further, the eye ever varies
and the variations be inherited, as is likewise certainly the case;
and if such variations should be useful to any animal under changing
conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect
and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, should not be
considered as subversive of the theory." --- Charles Darwin 'On the
Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection'.

Ed Conrad
http://www.edconrad.com

Man as Old as Coal

No, it's your *arguments* that are as old as coal, Ed!

EROS.
"The entire creationist program includes little more than a rhetorical
attempt to falsify evolution by presenting supposed contradictions
among its supporters. Their brand of creationism, they claim, is
`scientific' because it follows the Popperian model in trying to
demolish evolution. Yet Popper's argument must apply in both
directions. One does not become a scientist by the simple act of
trying to falsify a rival and truly scientific system..." Prof.
Stephen Jay Gould, "Evolution as Fact and Theory", Discover, May
1981.)

Old February 6th 04, 08:33 AM
allan m

Bart Mathias wrote in message ...
Klaus Hellnick wrote:
"# jpturcaud" wrote ...

Or, as Albert Einstein once said:

"Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science
becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the
universe -- a spirit vastly superior to man, and one in the face
of which our modest powers must feel humble."

Yes, Albert believed the laws of the universe were responsible for the
origin of all life on Earth. This is supposed to be some kind of problem for
scientists and other educated people?

Still, that "spirit" stuff sounds pretty dumb coming from someone who
was otherwise rather bright. Are the laws of the universe "superior" to
man?

Bart Mathias

Einstein seems to have believed in God, and in his most famous quote,
claims knowledge of His character, viz: an aversion to games of chance
- God does not play dice with the universe. This was in relation to
quantum theory, though Albert seems to have come off worst in the
probabilistic/mechanistic debate with Bohr.

Even clever blokes can be wrong.