Kepler launched successfully :D

Old March 7th 09, 11:31 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy,rec.arts.sf.written
Bluuuue Rajah

Default Kepler launched successfully :D

Here's how it went - http://twitter.com/NASAKepler.
Old March 7th 09, 01:58 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy,rec.arts.sf.written
BradGuth

On Mar 7, 3:31*am, Bluuuue Rajah Bluuuuue@Rajah. wrote:
Here's how it went -http://twitter.com/NASAKepler.

Thankfully there was no good reason to sabotage the Kepler mission, as
having existed with the OCO mission.

According to Wikipedia, in addition to our heading towards Sirius at
7.6 km/s, seems we’re also headed towards “Cygni A” at 64 km/s, and
it’s only 11.4 ly distant as is. A large red dwarf with likely
planets is what the spendy Kepler mission is going to catalog the
obvious, that other stars accommodate planets. “61 Cygni” may have a
large outer planet with a 7.5 year orbit. The smaller “Cygni B” could
also have planets, just like a much larger version of Jupiter would
have moons. Eventually we’ll get to within 9 ly of “Cygni A/B”.

Our Selene L1 along with an artificial shade would have been an ideal
location for such observations as of 4+ decades ago. According to our
Apollo missions, our Selene/moon L1 is quite passive, not the least
bit toasty or receiving any kind of X-ray or gamma from our Selene/
moon. (must be the unusually high vacuum of 1e-181e-21 bar)

~ BG

Old March 7th 09, 03:13 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy,rec.arts.sf.written
Dorothy J Heydt

In article 02,
Bluuuue Rajah Bluuuuue@Rajah. wrote:

Here's how it went - http://twitter.com/NASAKepler.

But I don't see anything about Kepler on that -- only endless
blathering about somebody trying to catch a plane.

Doonesbury is running a satire on Twitter at present --
Roland putting out endless mini-updates on the trivia of his
life, in the hope that he will attract some fans.

As for Kepler, that's nice and I will wait till some real
data is posted somewhere.

Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California
djheydt at hotmail dot com
Should you wish to email me, you'd better use the hotmail edress.
Kithrup is getting too damn much spam, even with the sysop's filters.
Old March 7th 09, 05:27 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy,rec.arts.sf.written
BradGuth

On Mar 7, 3:31*am, Bluuuue Rajah Bluuuuue@Rajah. wrote:
Here's how it went -http://twitter.com/NASAKepler.

Thankfully there was no good reasons to sabotage the Kepler mission,
as having clearly existed with the OCO mission.

According to Wikipedia, in addition to our heading towards Sirius at
7.6 km/s, seems we’re also headed towards “Cygni A” at 64 km/s, and
it’s only 11.4 ly distant as is. Obviously stellar motions (including
our own) are a wee bit more complicated then that.

A large red dwarf with likely planets is what the spendy Kepler
mission is going to catalog the obvious, that other stars accommodate
planets. “61 Cygni” may have a large outer planet with a 7.5 year
orbit. The smaller “Cygni B” could also have planets, just like a
much larger version of Jupiter would have moons as possibly larger
than Earth. Eventually we’ll get to within 9 ly of “Cygni A/B”, or
rather “Cygni A/B” is coming towards us and Sirius at the same time.

Our Selene L1 along with an artificial shade would have been an ideal
location for such observations as of 4+ decades ago. According to our
Apollo missions, our Selene/moon L1 is quite passive, not the least
bit toasty or receiving any kind of unusual X-ray or gamma from our
naked Selene/moon. (must be the unusually high vacuum of 1e-181e-21
bar)

~ BG