Bright star in the sky again.

Old May 5th 07, 01:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck[_2_]

Default Extreme Irony (Was: Bright star in the...)

In article .com,
oldcoot wrote:

On May 4, 8:07 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote,
reposting the duckwad conjoinment which shrilly shrieked:

IRONY EXTREME OVERLOAD - SYSTEMS CRITICAL.

Har! Yeah, extraordinary claims *do* demand extraordinary proof. The
spatial medium, by its bounty of incontrovertable evidence, PROVES
ITSELF.

You are singularly unable to understand what proof means.

And the sheer irony of it is that normal, otherwise-
intelligent people, even the cream of intelligencia, are blind to to
that evidence and adhere with religious fervor to the 'no medium'
indoctrination.

Yet your physics is unappreciated by the physics community. Do tell, thats a
conspiracy right?

--
Sacred keeper of the Hollow Sphere, and the space within the Coffee Boy
singularity.

COOSN-174-07-82116: alt.astronomy's favourite poster (from a survey taken
of the saucerhead high command).
Old May 5th 07, 04:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On May 4, 10:44 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote,
reposting the duckwad which shrilly shrieked:

IRONY EXTREME OVERLOAD - SYSTEMS CRITICAL.

That's Deco, controlled!

HJ

Tell you what - let this shrilly yip-yapping micromutt address just
ONE of the half-dozed points of evidence by which the spatial medium
PROVES ITSELF.

#1. The speed of light. Why is it fixed, invariant? Why isn't it
variable or even infinite if space is a "void"? So it's fixed by the
'permeability/permittivity' values of space, huh? So what causes THOSE
values to be what they are? Multiple choice:

1. "Nothing".

2. They "just are" what they are, with no explanation of why.

3. The spatial medium has a particular energy density which fixes the
propagation speed of light. The *high value* of c indicates an
extremely high energy density.

4. Sky Pixies.

5. Other. Fill in the blank___________________________ .

Put up or shut the **** up.

oc

#1. The speed of light. Why is it fixed, invariant? Why isn't it
variable or even infinite if space is a "void"? So it's fixed by the
'permeability/permittivity' values of space, huh? So what causes THOSE
values to be what they are? Multiple choice:

1. "Nothing".

2. They "just are" what they are, with no explanation of why.

3. The spatial medium has a particular energy density which fixes the
propagation speed of light. The *high value* of c indicates an
extremely high energy density.

4. Sky Pixies.

5. Other. Fill in the blank___________________________ .

Put up or shut the **** up.

oc

Answer: Information prorogation scatters.

FTL would rip the fabric of information prorogation.

'k ?

Cordially,

Raving

#1. The speed of light. Why is it fixed, invariant? Why isn't it
variable or even infinite if space is a "void"? So it's fixed by the
'permeability/permittivity' values of space, huh? So what causes THOSE
values to be what they are? Multiple choice:

1. "Nothing".

2. They "just are" what they are, with no explanation of why.

3. The spatial medium has a particular energy density which fixes the
propagation speed of light. The *high value* of c indicates an
extremely high energy density.

4. Sky Pixies.

5. Other. Fill in the blank___________________________ .

Put up or shut the **** up.

oc

Answer: Information prorogation scatters.

FTL would rip the fabric of information prorogation.

'k ?

Cordially,

Raving

*cough* , *cough* ...

"pro·rogue /proʊˈroʊg/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled
Pronunciation[proh-rohg] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -rogued, -ro·guing.
1. to discontinue a session of (the British Parliament or a similar
body).
2. to defer; postpone."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prorogation%20

Correction:

Answer: Information propagation scatters.

FTL would rip the fabric of information propagation.

'k ?

Cordially,

Raving

--

"prop·a·ga·tion /ˌprɒpəˈgeɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled
Pronunciation[prop-uh-gey-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/propagation%20

Old May 5th 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On May 5, 8:42Â*am, Raving wrote:

Answer: Â*Information prorogation scatters.

FTL would rip the fabric of information prorogation.

Â* 'k Â*? Â* Â*

Cordially,

Raving

*cough* , *cough* ...

"pro·rogue Â* Â* Â*/proʊˈroÊŠg/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled
Pronunciation[proh-rohg] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -rogued, -ro·guing.
1. Â* Â* Â*to discontinue a session of (the British Parliament or a similar
body).
2. Â* Â* Â*to defer; postpone."

Â* Â* Â*http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prorogation%20

Correction:

Answer: Â*Information propagation scatters.

FTL would rip the fabric of information propagation.

Â* 'k Â*? Â* Â*

Cordially, RL

Uh, thanks for the clarification.
And all this while, i thought it was 'Magical
Messengers thru the void' (Sky Pixies) that magically "know" to fly at
exactly c even when out of lightspeed communication with their
brethren on opposite sides of the universe. Doh. :-) oc

Old May 5th 07, 05:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Raving[_1_]

On May 5, 12:01 pm, oldcoot wrote:
On May 5, 8:42 am, Raving wrote:

[...]

Yes, that is an interesting problem!

Closer to home, there is a much more pressing scaling problem ...

A) Propagation in the radial sense

... VERSUS ...

B) Propagation in the sense of 'Scattering in 3 dimensions'

Quantum Theory meets Special Relativity ?

Old May 5th 07, 06:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck[_2_]

In article . com,

#1. The speed of light. Why is it fixed, invariant? Why isn't it
variable or even infinite if space is a "void"? So it's fixed by the
'permeability/permittivity' values of space, huh? So what causes THOSE
values to be what they are? Multiple choice:

1. "Nothing".

2. They "just are" what they are, with no explanation of why.

3. The spatial medium has a particular energy density which fixes the
propagation speed of light. The *high value* of c indicates an
extremely high energy density.

4. Sky Pixies.

5. Other. Fill in the blank___________________________ .

Put up or shut the **** up.

oc

BWAHAHAHA Bill's losing his temper.

Maxwell says they are defining quantities of space Bill, thats whats meant by
fundamental constants.

If you can define c by this density, then give me the derivation. Until then,
you're just repeating the same old nonsense with the mistaken impression that
repeating a lie endlessly makes it truth!

So if you can define 'c' do it, otherwise you STFU ;-)

Old May 5th 07, 06:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck[_2_]

In article .com,
oldcoot wrote:

Uh, thanks for the clarification.
And all this while, i thought it was 'Magical
Messengers thru the void' (Sky Pixies) that magically "know" to fly at
exactly c even when out of lightspeed communication with their
brethren on opposite sides of the universe. Doh. :-) oc

What is unusual about that?

for a photon, as a massless particle it's quantites are well known.

Ah I forgot, you didn't study any physics did you? Didn't want to be tainted by
knowledge that would disrupt your ignorance.

Old May 5th 07, 06:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Darla[_2_]

Default Bright star in the sky again.

On May 3, 12:47 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Darla" wrote in message

ups.com...

On May 3, 4:45 am, "Painius" wrote:
"Art Deco" wrote in message...

When I first subscribed to alt.astronomy, it was the heyday of Darla
and the sockpuppets. I laughed at and poked fun at these ludicrous
posts, including the idea that these "Seans" were going to show up in

huge intergalactic spaceship and cart all of alt.astronomy off to
endless bliss. For pointing out how silly this act was, I was

rewarded
with the moniker "coffee boy". And you call me "juvenile"?

You were stating the obvious, Art. You behaved
as if you actually believed that most or all posters
here took the Darla thing seriously. You've been
thusly insulting from the onset. We were all having
a little fun with the Darla idea. It was you who
childishly acted as if all of alt.astronomy were kooks
who couldn't tell an ET from a fish.

What did you expect? What could you hope for?
You were big on UseNet elsewhere in other groups,
but in alt.astronomy you were a newbie who didn't
know **** and who posted as if you thought you
*did* know ****.

Nobody here actually believed that Darla was any
more than what she was... one of the posters here
posing as an alien, maybe to liven things up or
something.

Still talking about me behind my back?

How are you, Painius?
It is so good to hear that people still do not believe we are who we
say we are.
That's what we expect and hope for!

Here I am, back from Andromeda.
Truthfully, I've been back for some time but have been in mourning.
It saddens me to report that Pros Pere succumbed to battle wounds.
I know that there were those who at least respected, if not liked, my
mate.
Humans are very much like seans when it pertains to accidental death
and those feelings that surface.
Enough time has passed for me to go to duty again.

The position of proz has fallen to me.
I tried to get out of it, but Pom wouldn't hear of it.

It makes me happy to be back with friends, even if only for a little
while.
Everyone says hello and wishes you all only the best of times!

--
Thirty five million miles,
This is Mars at its nearest,

Someday it shall act as
Our stair to the stars,
So get with the program,
And LET'S GO TO MARS!

http://www.marssociety.org/portal

Indelibly yours,
Paine
http://www.savethechildren.org/
http://www.painellsworth.net

So you want to fly to Mars, hmm?

Darla

Say, Nightbat will be glad to hear that you're back!

HJ-

Hi, Honest John!
I hope so.

Darla

Old May 5th 07, 06:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck[_2_]

In article . com,
Darla wrote:

Hi, Honest John!
I hope so.

Darla

So why do superintelligent aliens use AOL anyway? I don't know whats worse,
nightbat and his team for his stupidity, or you for encouraging it.

$10 fnlf gur ercyl vaibyirf "cebgrpgvat uhznaf"

--
Sacred keeper of the Hollow Sphere, and the space within the Coffee Boy
singularity.

COOSN-174-07-82116: alt.astronomy's favourite poster (from a survey taken
of the saucerhead high command).

Really bright big star Joe[_5_] UK Astronomy 5 April 18th 07 10:41 PM
Bright star in the SE [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 3 December 21st 05 05:46 AM
HELP PLEASE- Bright Star in NW ' ish Rick UK Astronomy 2 May 7th 04 08:05 AM
Bright Star Bill Oertell Misc 12 April 19th 04 10:37 PM
That really bright star Su Misc 9 March 21st 04 01:35 AM