Driving across the Nullarbor in a couple of days

Old August 24th 09, 05:07 PM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace[_3_]

Default Driving across the Nullarbor in a couple of days

Rawlinna is the place that is most closely associated with the re-entry of Skylab, but that's on the Trans-Australian
Railway. It's said that there is some kind of Skylab museum at Balladonia on the Eyre Highway. I hope to check it out on
Thursday.
Old August 24th 09, 10:17 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Neil Gerace wrote:
Rawlinna is the place that is most closely associated with the re-entry
of Skylab, but that's on the Trans-Australian Railway. It's said that
there is some kind of Skylab museum at Balladonia on the Eyre Highway. I
hope to check it out on Thursday.

Should be interesting. Did they ever find the big Skylab lead film
vault? That was considered the piece of debris to watch out for due to
its weight.

Pat
Old September 8th 09, 04:27 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace[_3_]

Pat Flannery wrote:

Should be interesting. Did they ever find the big Skylab lead film
vault? That was considered the piece of debris to watch out for due to
its weight.

Pat

Back now. When I got to Balladonia it was 5am and I didn't feel like waking them up to ask where the museum was. I'll
see it on my next trip in October.