US Lawmakers Grill Space Agency on Plans for Shuttle Retirement

Old November 16th 07, 01:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

Default US Lawmakers Grill Space Agency on Plans for Shuttle Retirement

Originally spotted on NASA Watch
http://www.nasawatch.com/

US Lawmakers Grill Space Agency on Plans for Shuttle Retirement
http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-11-15-voa53.cfm

Of course, in Florida, even the press wants to go full steam ahead in order
to reduce the number of jobs lost:

NASA: $2 billion to jumpstart Constellation program
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...2-billion.html

Griffin: spaceflight gap unseemly, unwise
http://www.floridatoday.com/floridat...t-shuttle.html

I guess when your job is on the line, or jobs in your district, you don't
really care much what it's costing US taxpayers.

Not a peep of this on the Houston Chronicle's website (not that I really
know where to look for Houston news).

At least Keith Cowing raises the question, why is NASA spending years and
billions of dollars developing Ares I and Ares V when they could have picked
an architecture which used existing EELV's?

I have to day that it *is* annoying to hear Griffin whine how it's not his
fault that there is such a huge gap between shuttle retirement and flying
the CEV when it's obviously *his* architecture which is being rammed down
everyone's throat.

Jeff
--
"When transportation is cheap, frequent, reliable, and flexible,
everything else becomes easier."

Old November 16th 07, 09:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
OM[_6_]

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:52:56 -0500, "Jeff Findley"
wrote:

At least Keith Cowing raises the question, why is NASA spending years and
billions of dollars developing Ares I and Ares V when they could have picked
an architecture which used existing EELV's?

....Because they have to give Cowing *something* to bitch, whine, moan,
groan and otherwise claim conspiracy and/or cover-up. It was part of
the terms of his severance package when NASA sacked him, IIRC.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old November 16th 07, 11:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy
rhw007

] OMBlog -http://www.io.com/~o_m/omworld [
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
] an obnoxious opinion in your day! [

THAT I agree with...He's always was a whiner.

Bob...
http://commonsensecentral.net/