ASTRO: 21 minutes of total darkness

Old May 15th 08, 06:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: 21 minutes of total darkness

I looked it up on Moonrise and the Moon sets at 3:57am and astronomical
twlight begins at 4:18am from my location here in MI. Not a lot of time to
shoot deepsky. It cleared out about sunset and seeing was ok but not great.
The usual 70mm refractor projected with a 1.8x barlow and shot with a
unmodified Canon XTi at 1/100sec at 200asa.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moon5-14-08-1024.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	1922
Old May 16th 08, 04:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

J McBride wrote:
I looked it up on Moonrise and the Moon sets at 3:57am and astronomical
twlight begins at 4:18am from my location here in MI. Not a lot of time to
shoot deepsky. It cleared out about sunset and seeing was ok but not great.
The usual 70mm refractor projected with a 1.8x barlow and shot with a
unmodified Canon XTi at 1/100sec at 200asa.

Joe

So that's what the moon is doing. Nothing but clouds here by night.
Some sun by day.

Nice clear, crisp shot

Rick

Old May 16th 08, 06:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Thanks Rick. The Moon is getting bigger in phase so the skies should be
steady and clear for You by Full Moon which is Monday night.

Joe

computertechnology...