The Noose Tightens

Old August 7th 03, 02:38 AM
Chuck Stewart

Default The Noose Tightens Around The Neck Of JTM's Assertions

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 21:57:07 +0000, Scott M. Kozel wrote:

"John Maxson" wrote:

My reputation has been damaged; and if Pappy did not say this,
his reputation has also been damaged. If he did say this, he has
a lot of explaining to do in a court of law. Well, Berndt?

So you're going to misuse the legal system, and file a frivolous
lawsuit?

The whole family seems to be living up to OM's wildest wetdreams of
Maxson behavior... just because Jon asked questions of a person who
was quoted by JTM in his book.

So much for the First Amendment.

I wonder what would happen if someone did FOIA some stuff... and
the stuff thus obtained equally disproved their other claims?

They'd robably go so ballistic that you'd need the Deep Space
Tracking Network to pick up their posts...

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Old August 7th 03, 02:39 AM
John Maxson

Default The Noose Tightens

On 7/24/03, Jon Berndt quoted air-crash investigator Myron
Papadakis publicly on USENET as follows:

"ON MAXSON'S FILMS obtained via FOIA from NASA:
The lower rocket [the one that took a low trajectory, i.e.
south-exiting] did not show the black paint near the frustrum
because of overexposed white blinding out the paint in the
cheap copies, while the upper rocket showed a black ring
thought to be the black paint ring."

This is gravely in error. I had no films with "overexposed white
blinding out the paint in the cheap copies." Furthermore, the
lone film I showed Pappy with "the black paint ring" was E207.
On that film, the *entire forward section* of the south booster
was *badly blackened* on the only side visible (from the north).

My reputation has been damaged; and if Pappy did not say this,
his reputation has also been damaged. If he did say this, he has
a lot of explaining to do in a court of law. Well, Berndt?

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Old August 7th 03, 09:16 AM
Paul Maxson

"Chuck Stewart" wrote in message news
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 21:57:07 +0000, Scott M. Kozel wrote:
The whole family seems to be living up to OM's wildest wetdreams of
Maxson behavior... just because Jon asked questions of a person who
was quoted by JTM in his book.

So much for the First Amendment.

I wonder what would happen if someone did FOIA some stuff... and
the stuff thus obtained equally disproved their other claims?

They'd robably go so ballistic that you'd need the Deep Space
Tracking Network to pick up their posts...

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Out crawls Chuck Stewart from under his rock. The man too cheap to buy the book
so he steals from it? Where is the book Stew?

You know when they send Catman out it's time for them to gang up on us again.

Don the Hazmat suits!

Credibility with me Chuck Stewart? ZERO. Why did you even
read the book if we are everything you say we are? Someone run a background on this guy!

Everybody check for your wallets and make sure Stew
didn't take them, I heard from a 3rd party that he takes things that aren't his?

Nice.....

Old August 7th 03, 02:20 PM
Jon Berndt

"Paul Maxson" wrote in message

Credibility with me Chuck Stewart? ZERO. Why did you even
read the book if we are everything you say we are? Someone run
a background on this guy!

The book is riddled with mistakes, misinterpretations, and misleading
statements. In the section dealing with the accident itself, I remember
thinking that there was more of that than there was truth while I was
reading it.

So, for a good laugh, I'd encourage people to visit their public library and
read it for themselves. Roger Balettie and myself have already read it and
posted responses he

http://www.hal-pc.org/~jsb/conspiracy.html
http://home.austin.rr.com/sts51lvideo/

Yes, Paul, the noose is tightening ... but around the Challenger conspiracy
nuts.

Old August 7th 03, 02:24 PM
John Maxson

John Maxson wrote
in message ...

[...]

After presenting the hardcore lie above, Jon Berndt concluded
his defamatory post on 7/24 with the following hardcore libel:

The fact that John Maxson's FOIA copies are poorly printed
(overexposed) explains a lot. But, this shows that his use of the
words of others is at least sometimes twisted and incomplete,
in order to paint the picture he wants to paint.

I just noticed that he has stepped up his libel this morning. Jon
Berndt must surely be desperate -- wild accusations, *no* proof!

Old August 7th 03, 04:57 PM
Terrence Daniels

"Paul Maxson" wrote in message

snip stuff

You type just like your father. The style similarities are amazing, and the
content is just as meaningless.

Old August 7th 03, 11:27 PM
Scott M. Kozel

"Jon Berndt" wrote:

"Paul Maxson" wrote:

Credibility with me Chuck Stewart? ZERO. Why did you even
read the book if we are everything you say we are? Someone run
a background on this guy!

The book is riddled with mistakes, misinterpretations, and misleading
statements. In the section dealing with the accident itself, I remember
thinking that there was more of that than there was truth while I was
reading it.

So, for a good laugh, I'd encourage people to visit their public library and
read it for themselves. Roger Balettie and myself have already read it and
posted responses he

http://www.hal-pc.org/~jsb/conspiracy.html
http://home.austin.rr.com/sts51lvideo/

Yes, Paul, the noose is tightening ... but around the Challenger conspiracy
nuts.

What's even a bigger laugh, is that JTM would call the above critique,
as "libel", "slander", and "abuse"; when in fact Jon Berndt is merely
exercising free speech.

..
Old September 1st 03, 08:06 PM
John Maxson

You should reply to enough to stay on topic, which was:

On 7/24/03, Jon Berndt quoted air-crash investigator Myron
Papadakis publicly on USENET as follows:

"ON MAXSON'S FILMS obtained via FOIA from NASA:
The lower rocket [the one that took a low trajectory, i.e.
south-exiting] did not show the black paint near the frustrum
because of overexposed white blinding out the paint in the
cheap copies, while the upper rocket showed a black ring
thought to be the black paint ring."

This is gravely in error. I had no films with "overexposed white
blinding out the paint in the cheap copies." Furthermore, the
lone film I showed Pappy with "the black paint ring" was E207.
On that film, the *entire forward section* of the south booster
was *badly blackened* on the only side visible (from the north).

There is much more to my official record of Papadakis' claims
about his image viewing than meets the eye on USENET. It's too
late for him to be changing his story, without risking obstruction.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Kent Betts wrote in message
m...
"John Maxson" wrote
in message ...

If [Myron Papadakis] did say this, he has
a lot of explaining to do in a court of law.

Only if he lives in Iowa....

Old September 2nd 03, 05:37 AM
Jon Berndt

"John Maxson" wrote in message

There is much more to my official record of Papadakis' claims
about his image viewing than meets the eye on USENET. It's too
late for him to be changing his story, without risking obstruction.

The only one backpeddling is you. First Pappy was a respected pilot,
crash investigator, etc. After it was found out that he viewed more
pristine films than you have and revealed that he had discovered that
the south exiting booster *did* have a black ID band on it (i.e. the
left booster), you referred to him in less than noble terms. That was
the real "switcheroo"! That viewing he made was quite a while ago, and
once he saw the "good" movies, he immediately saw what had happened,
and understood why the copies you have don't show the black ID band on
the left booster exiting to the south. No, it's never too late to
acknowledge the truth.

Jon