ASTRO: The Hockey Stick Galaxy, NGC4656

Old April 20th 07, 04:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: The Hockey Stick Galaxy, NGC4656

here's the Hockey Stick Galaxy (aka NGC4656)

This is a total of three hours exposure from the backyard last night using
the 18" classical cassegrain. The seeing was pretty soft but, hey, it was
clear!

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...tered_page.htm

I'm in my least favorite time of the year for imaging. Being a nebula guy,
this is not the best time of year for imaging, so I have to "make do" with
galaxies in between the rainstorms, marine layer and general clouds.

I will have to admit that it is sort of fun shooting galaxies with the 18"
but it would be more fun if the seeing was good when I did it. These guys
are full of very fine detail that just isn't resolvable except when the
seeing is good

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc4656_mk1sn2_cm10_geg_nofilter_9x20min_svga.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	690
Old April 20th 07, 07:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

i boosted up the signal a bit

i think this is a little better

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
news
[...]

Views:	160
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	693
Old April 20th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvdH

Richard, that looks interesting! nice galaxy. i will try it when weather
allows it.
Good image Richard.

reg
Dirk

--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears
starts with the first step.

Old April 20th 07, 05:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Ergonaut

"DvdH" wrote in news:ca1b8$4628da03
:

Richard, that looks interesting! nice galaxy. i will try it when

weather
allows it.
Good image Richard.

reg
Dirk

Very cool. Go Flames Go!
Old April 22nd 07, 12:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Nice one Richard.
Actually I'd like to have galaxy season last for the whole year (ok, we
could have 3 month for nebulae) :-)

Stefan

news