Falcon first stage finished

Old March 21st 07, 02:14 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Vince Cate

Default Falcon first stage finished

So far so good!

Old March 21st 07, 02:19 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Joe Strout

In article . com,
"Vince Cate" wrote:

So far so good!

Yep! Looked smooth as silk. Fairing separation also went smoothly.

The video feed cut out at about T+5 minutes though, at least on my
machine. Hopefully that doesn't indicate an unplanned rapid disassembly.
Old March 21st 07, 02:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Vince Cate

On Mar 20, 9:19 pm, Joe Strout wrote:
The video feed cut out at about T+5 minutes though, at least on my
machine. Hopefully that doesn't indicate an unplanned rapid disassembly.

I wondered if my post got too many people trying to watch the feed for
their server...

Old March 21st 07, 02:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Datacide

On Mar 20, 9:21 pm, "Vince Cate" wrote:
On Mar 20, 9:19 pm, Joe Strout wrote:

The video feed cut out at about T+5 minutes though, at least on my
machine. Hopefully that doesn't indicate an unplanned rapid disassembly.

I wondered if my post got too many people trying to watch the feed for
their server...

My feed is out too. Man that engine bell was lit up like a lantern.

Old March 21st 07, 02:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones

Datacide wrote:
My feed is out too. Man that engine bell was lit up like a lantern.

It certainly was - is that "normal?" Didn't look that way to my
untrained peanut-gallery eyes.

rick jones
Old March 21st 07, 02:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_4_]

Rick Jones wrote in
:

Datacide wrote:
My feed is out too. Man that engine bell was lit up like a lantern.

It certainly was - is that "normal?" Didn't look that way to my
untrained peanut-gallery eyes.

That would be normal for a radiatively cooled engine like this
design. I've seen others heated to a yellow glow.

The video we did get was most dramatic!

--Damon

Old March 21st 07, 02:32 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones

Damon Hill wrote:
Rick Jones wrote in

It certainly was - is that "normal?" Didn't look that way to my
untrained peanut-gallery eyes.

That would be normal for a radiatively cooled engine like this
design. I've seen others heated to a yellow glow.

OK - I guess I was just expecting it to be a bit more uniform. Is it
just the first stage engine then that is ablatively cooled?

The video we did get was most dramatic!

That is certainly true. Well worth the price of admission

rick jones
Old March 21st 07, 02:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Vince Cate

Seems it made it into space, but does not say orbit. Kind of sounds
like there might have been a problem. No matter what, this is much
better than the other launch, so there is real progress.

http://kwajrockets.blogspot.com/

http://spaceflightnow.com/falcon/f2/status.html

Old March 21st 07, 02:38 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_4_]

"Vince Cate" wrote in
oups.com:

Seems it made it into space, but does not say orbit. Kind of sounds
like there might have been a problem. No matter what, this is much
better than the other launch, so there is real progress.

http://kwajrockets.blogspot.com/

http://spaceflightnow.com/falcon/f2/status.html

I'd have liked a fully successful launch, but a lot of hardware
was validated. I agree, it's definite progress. We'll have to wait
and see if range tracking could confirm a successful trajectory or
not.

--Damon

Observatory finished YAY!!! Barry Amateur Astronomy 4 February 13th 07 10:51 AM
Insulated Falcon stage 2? Henry Policy 3 December 15th 05 09:30 PM
Can Not Send Finished Unit Roman Svihorik SETI 2 June 21st 04 07:13 AM
Finished my first scope Mac Amateur Astronomy 8 May 15th 04 05:11 AM
New Observing Chair finished Tom Hole Amateur Astronomy 6 January 4th 04 03:19 AM