ASTRO: NGC2903 color

Old March 8th 08, 02:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Default ASTRO: NGC2903 color

George Normandin wrote:

"Richard Crisp" wrote

I cobbled together a color version of NGC2903 the past few nights.......

Great image Richard!

I love this galaxy. I can remember showing it to people with an Edmund
Astroscan 4.25" just to prove that Messier should have found it!

.....of course I was using a Nagler eyepiece that cost more than the
scope.......

Nothing like an Ethos in an Astroscan!

Ours breaks down at 28mm, I'd hate to see the image with a 13mm eyepiece.

Edmund send us ours at Hyde, we didn't ask for it. They apparently saw
a blurb in Sky and Telescope about our opening and a few weeks after
that one magically appeared. Its optics were very bad, we sent it back
saying thanks but we had no use for it. By return mail a second one
arrived. It was better but only barely usable with the 28mm. We hide
it under the sink. The RKE eyepiece was of use however. Too much so.
It was the only one to "walk". Not sure what happened to it.

Rick

Old March 8th 08, 03:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Great work Richard! Your efforts really paid off.

Richard Crisp wrote:
I cobbled together a color version of NGC2903 the past few nights

I have a lot more red data than I do blue and green but it came out OK so I
may stop now

here's where to find it:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc..._crgb_page.htm

it is a total of 95 x 5 minutes

47 x 5 minutes was unfiltered luminance and the rest was RGB

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
Old March 13th 08, 07:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Richard, colour looks very good.

Stefan

"Richard Crisp" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news

"George Normandin" wrote in message

"Richard Crisp" wrote
I cobbled together a color version of NGC2903 the past few nights.......

Great image Richard!

thanks George

I love this galaxy. I can remember showing it to people with an Edmund
Astroscan 4.25" just to prove that Messier should have found it!

.....of course I was using a Nagler eyepiece that cost more than the
scope.......

that's a Nagler all-right.....

George N