ASTRO: something different but not so different - M42_9March2008_crop_50p.jpg (0/1)

Old March 11th 08, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Robert Price[_2_]

Default ASTRO: something different but not so different - M42_9March2008_crop_50p.jpg (0/1)

From my backyard 28 miles south of Wash DC. on 9 March 2008.
Taken with an NP-127 at F/5.2. Three 20 minute exposures using a
Hutech modified Canon 40D at 100ASA custom balanced for daylight
images. Cropped and reduced 50 percent.

I set a custom white balance with my Hutech modified Canon 40D so I
could take regular images. Normal images look all red because of the
added red light the Hutech infrared blocking filter allows in. I
used a gray card for the custom balance and regular images look well
balanced, with no hint of the red hue. I decided to take an image of
M42 using this custom white balance. Attached is that image. It
differs little from a similar image I took on 2 amd 8 Feb. This newer
image seems to have slightly more noise, but otherwise the color
balance seems the same. This new image seems to have slightly bettter
color intensity, but I believe that is because sky conditions were
better on 9 March than whey were on 2 and 8 Feb.

Old March 11th 08, 09:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Looks Great Robert!

From my backyard 28 miles south of Wash DC. on 9 March 2008.

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
Old March 12th 08, 05:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Robert Price wrote:

From my backyard 28 miles south of Wash DC. on 9 March 2008.
[...]

Looks good to me!

Rick

Old March 12th 08, 08:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Gordan

Robert, I unfortunately can't see your image (there is no image in your
post, maybe because my news agent - Outlook Express) and I'd really like to
see it.
Please, send me some link where I could see your image, thanks.
Gordan

From my backyard 28 miles south of Wash DC. on 9 March 2008.

Old March 12th 08, 04:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Robert Price[_2_]

Almost everything I have posted and then some can be found at:

http://www.robertprice10.com/astrophotography.html

the latest are at:

http://www.robertprice10.com/Canon_40DH_NP127IS.html

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:02:12 +0100, "Gordan"
wrote:

Robert, I unfortunately can't see your image (there is no image in your
post, maybe because my news agent - Outlook Express) and I'd really like to
see it.
Please, send me some link where I could see your image, thanks.
Gordan

"Robert Price" wrote in message
.. .
From my backyard 28 miles south of Wash DC. on 9 March 2008.

Old March 12th 08, 04:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Gordan wrote:
Robert, I unfortunately can't see your image (there is no image in your
post, maybe because my news agent - Outlook Express) and I'd really like to
see it.
Please, send me some link where I could see your image, thanks.
Gordan

Note his posts come in two parts. Part (0/1) (found at the very end of
his subject line) is the text (1/1) is the image. Subject lines are
identical but for those last 5 characters. There is no image in the
text message. If you aren't getting part (1/1) then it is your news
service that is at fault not your reader. Yell at them. You likely are
missing other posts as well if that's the case. May be a size thing.
Some servers have a size limit so small images are carried. Those over
some limit aren't. Mine cuts off at 1 megabyte for instance. When that
happens I go to http://www.spacebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25

This webpage often picks up posts to this news group before my news
server does. Sometimes its a day late. Not sure why the difference.
But it picks up all of Bob's images to date.

Rick