Why no Soyuz docking while a Shuttle is present?

Old March 31st 09, 03:12 AM posted to sci.space.station
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Default Why no Soyuz docking while a Shuttle is present?

x"Dr J R Stockton" wrote in message
nvalid...

It's amusing to see how many Americans hate to see US private enterprise
approaching what US Federal activity can no longer do.

No, what's amusing is how many people believe viewgraphs.

I speak for many whenI say that I hope that Dragon, SpaceX, etc. all
succeed.

But until they develop a track record I'll continue to harbor my doubts.

It seems likely that manned Dragon will occur before the Indians orbit
themselves; and that the latter will not be preceded, and perhaps not
followed, by a new US Federal system.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...cn01S/340x.jpg

Old March 31st 09, 05:45 AM posted to sci.space.station
Derek Lyons

Dr J R Stockton wrote:

Derek Lyons posted:
Dr J R Stockton wrote:

Seven in a Dragon could substitute for 7 Shuttle.

And a couple of thousand in a Constitution class could blow 'em all
away.

Whatever that might be. It might be a Bollywood creation, or on the
Haunted Fish-Tank; but in the real world AFAIK it has not yet reached
the viewgraph stage. Dragon is scheduled to be launched later this
year.

I don't care when Dragon is scheduled to be launched - because right
now it hasn't been. Not to mention the launch which may or may not
happen this year, SpaceX being only moderately reliable in that
respect, *won't be manned*.

It's amusing to see how many Americans hate to see US private enterprise
approaching what US Federal activity can no longer do.

Any hatred towards private enterprise is a creation of your own
hallucinations. The same hallucinations that prevent you from seeing
that, whatever may be in his closet for tommorow, the Emperor is
parading about town *today* without a stitch on.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old March 31st 09, 05:46 AM posted to sci.space.station
Derek Lyons

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote:

x"Dr J R Stockton" wrote in message
. invalid...

It's amusing to see how many Americans hate to see US private enterprise
approaching what US Federal activity can no longer do.

No, what's amusing is how many people believe viewgraphs.

Four legs good, two legs bad. It's an even worse problem for space
advocacy than chicken-and-egg, because at least some few will (when
pressed) admit that the latter just might be a real problem.

D.