Space Travel

Old January 10th 04, 08:06 PM
Brillo Pad

Default Space Travel

It never fails to amuse me when people get to see what they think are UFO's
from another planet or star system.

The vast distances involved in space travel are almost to vast to fathom
especially as the nearest star is some 4 years away via the speed of light.

Personally, I very much doubt the existance of extra terrestial traveller's
simply because from our point of view, to the layman, on looking up at the
heaven's on a crisp clear night we fail to see that in our part of the
universe, God has created a unique world and he has placed us in a vast
void, somewhat oblivious to other beings, if they exist.

Even if it were possible to reach and maintain the speed of light, where
would our astronauts travel too in order to reach these otherwise unique
world's.

The Apollo programme bravely reached the Moon because we could already see
it, knew of its distance and our technology at the time, velocity wise got
us there and back in a relatively short space of time.

Mars may be the next goal according to Mr Bush and no doubt that one day it
will be made possible, only because we can see Mars, know of its distance
and the next technology, velocity wise will tell us that it can be done as
was the Apollo programme.

I dare say that there will be a finite distance we will be able to traverse
and once we get to the stage of travelling outside the solar system then it
must be said that quite frankly it would be a one way ticket to oblivion, as
we do not know, as yet, the true position and status of any other planet
outside our own solar system to explore.

As for flying saucers and traveller's from other star systems, well, I
personally dont beleive for one moment that we have or are being visited
simply because it is an unknown quantity between our planet and the vastness
of space and in any case, even from our perspective, the distances are so
vast that we simply do not know what is out there and we have no way of
isolating one particular object to travel too.

It may well be that somewhere out in the void, creatures may well exist,
quite possibly more superior than us, but I very much doubt it, after all,
we came into being through a combination of a series of circumstances that
are, in any respect, quite unique and if it were possible to turn the
geological clock back to point zero, those circumstances would, and could
not be replicated.

We are all unique, pure and simple, and as the saying goes, 'A one off'.