Longest mission without resupply?

Old April 27th 04, 08:32 AM
Pat Flannery

Mary Shafer wrote:

Nope. They weren't even born then. They're only ten and the air data
probes got named long ago.

It's no accident that Lassie was one of the few male dog stars; with
that coat, who could tell? No embarrassing silhouette shots to upset
the prudish that way.

Yeah, but what about their Q-balls?

Pat

Old April 27th 04, 07:19 PM
Mary Shafer

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:32:45 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Mary Shafer wrote:

Nope. They weren't even born then. They're only ten and the air data
probes got named long ago.

It's no accident that Lassie was one of the few male dog stars; with
that coat, who could tell? No embarrassing silhouette shots to upset
the prudish that way.

Yeah, but what about their Q-balls?

Also hidden under the hair. You know, however, that the black nosecap
contains a highly-sophisticated neural network air data system.

Let me see, I clicked on a web site that someone recommended the other
day:
http://marbella.to/humour/dec00/torero.jpg
which fits in with the joke about the tourist and the special dish at
the restaurant at the bull-fighting ring.

Mary

Old April 27th 04, 07:33 PM
Neil Gerace

"Mary Shafer" wrote in message
network air data system.

NADS?

Old April 27th 04, 09:10 PM
Mary Shafer

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 02:33:41 +0800, "Neil Gerace"
wrote:

"Mary Shafer" wrote in message
network air data system.

NADS?

NNNADS, Nasal Neural Network Air Data System. You know, like the X-15
ball nose, which wasn't the same as SEADS, Shuttle Experimental Air
Data System.

The NNNADS replaced the CADS, Collie Air Data System.

Mary

Old April 27th 04, 11:14 PM
OM

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:10:22 -0700, Mary Shafer
wrote:

NNNADS, Nasal Neural Network Air Data System. You know, like the X-15
ball nose, which wasn't the same as SEADS, Shuttle Experimental Air
Data System.

....Which was part of the development program for the Geopositionary
Omniphasic Nasal Neural Network Airborn Directional System, an early
60's Air Farce autopilot system that allowed the pilot to safely guide
his plane to a target with pinpoint accuracy by allowing the plane to
follow its instincts and "nose" its way to the target by scent. The
problem was that the system was very fragile despite serious
engineering work, and if the plane lost its GONNNADS, it usually
augured very quickly.

The NNNADS replaced the CADS, Collie Air Data System.

....Which the ASCPA had a hand in, after seeing how the Soviet system
failed miserably with Sputnik 2.

[/Pat]

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old April 27th 04, 11:30 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Mary Shafer" wrote in message

Let me see, I clicked on a web site that someone recommended the other
day:
http://marbella.to/humour/dec00/torero.jpg
which fits in with the joke about the tourist and the special dish at
the restaurant at the bull-fighting ring.

Yes, sometimes the bull wins.

Mary

Old April 28th 04, 02:56 AM
Neil Gerace

wrote:

"Mary Shafer" wrote in message
network air data system.

NADS?

NNNADS, Nasal Neural Network Air Data System. You know, like the X-15
ball nose, which wasn't the same as SEADS, Shuttle Experimental Air
Data System.

The NNNADS replaced the CADS, Collie Air Data System.

Sounds better than SCMODS, anyway

Old April 28th 04, 07:25 AM
The Other James

The NNNADS replaced the CADS, Collie Air Data System.

It that the one where the human rolls down the window and the dog sticks his
nose out?

Old April 29th 04, 03:53 AM
Rusty Barton

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:19:20 -0700, Mary Shafer
wrote:

Let me see, I clicked on a web site that someone recommended the other
day:
http://marbella.to/humour/dec00/torero.jpg
which fits in with the joke about the tourist and the special dish at
the restaurant at the bull-fighting ring.

Mary

Title of photograph should read:

"Compadres of Carlos console champion over cruelly crushed cohones!"

- Rusty