unnamed star cloud?

Old May 26th 08, 06:44 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Peter Holm

Default unnamed star cloud?

This might sound presumptuous, but just in case it isn't:

On Google Sky I have run into something about which I believe that it
might exist, even though I have never heard about it before. And since
I don't know how to call it, I have provisionally dubbed it "Holm's
Cloud" (pardon, it's just for internal use). It appears to me as a
detached piece of the Milky Way containing some ISM. Even though it
also appears to me as characterized more by the presence of that ISM,
than by an increase in the stellar density. It is, of course, best
visible at low magnification (ca. 20+ field). Below are my
annotations:

Holm's Cloud SE of Alpha Trianguli is visible on adjacent POSS plates.
A NS running seam between plates can be seen cutting through star
images at
RA 2h00m32.2s Dec +28d16'22.9",
RA 2h00m31.6s Dec +27d47'44.4", and
RA 2h00m31.6s DEC +27d41'01.1".
NGC 784 is inside, close to its northern limit.
HD 12402 is at its center
(RAÂ* 2h02m08s +28d24'01s).
Huge and elongated in the EW direction. Dimensions are approx. 3d EW and 2.3d NS. Possibly contains dark nebulae at
RA 2h05m06s Dec +28d07'35",
RA 2h04m40s Dec +27d59'02", and
RA 2h04m02s Dec +27d56'02" (in decreasing size, and the latter one being suspiciously round). And also at
RA 2h02m43s Dec +28d30'35",
RA 2h03m04s Dec +28d32'14",
RA 2h02m53s Dec +28d40'19", and
RA 2h02m47s Dec +28d43'09".

What makes me believe that this is not an artefact, is that is extends
across parts of two adjacent POSS plates.

I have never heard about this structure, so I'd like to have some
feedback on this issue.

Thanks
Peter Holm