....The US Manned Space Program Should be Abandoned !

Old January 15th 07, 07:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro,rec.arts.sf.written
Brad Guth[_2_]

Default ....The US Manned Space Program Should be Abandoned !

"Bruce Stewart" wrote in message
.uk

The simple fact the the Soviets would have trumpeted from the highest
mountain that the Capitalist Americans are lying about their Achievements.

There's nothing all that simple about it, except that it takes at least
two to tango, doesn't it.

How many ideological faith-based wars are you folks willing to accept
and/or allow to transpire over lies?

Born-again liars seldom if ever tell on one another, do they. Just look
at what the Jews did on behalf of getting and/or allowing Jesus Christ
(one of their own kind) or any other trouble makers put on a stick, or
especially at what a Catholic Pope did to those nice Cathars, and then
each group proceeded to lie their born-again infomercial spewing butts
off.

As per topic/author stalking usual, it's the status quo of "send in the
clowns" of spooks/moles and MIB damage control borgs, or simply
utilizing the sorts of dumbfounded fools like yourself doing their level
best at trying to keep those silly cold-war lids on tight, and of
otherwise protecting that fleet of their good ship USS LOLLIPOPs from
sinking into their own cesspools of NASA's infomercial crapolla.

Of course the Russian/USSR moon efforts were essentially into doing the
very same to their own kind, and if anything it's currently more so into
snookering as much of their kind for all they're worth, and then some.
It's what absolute *******s of a kind do best, isn't it?

In spite of all their infomercial spewing gauntlets of mainstream status
quo flak, I think we've been rather nicely snookered (some of us to
death and/or into the poor-house) by those having "the right stuff", and
by that of our mutually perpetrated cold-war that has cost us precious
decades of badly spent talents, resources and obviously trillions upon
trillions of hard earned dollars, that has now turned itself into a
bloody global energy domination fiasco plus yet another round of a
rather nasty global inflation that's currently in the task of our taking
Muslim oil. At least that's what I think.

I'm not the least bit anti-moon, it's just that we don't need to walk
upon the physically dark and nasty moon (at least not in person), just
establish and hold onto the moon's L1 zone or gravity nullification
pocket is way more than good enough, that is unless you don't mind China
or perhaps Russia having that sweet spot all to themselves. That's
pretty much what I and anyone with so much as half a village idiot brain
should think.

There was in fact no such moon landings in the manner suggested by our
NASA/Apollo fiasco, whereas that silly "moontruth" movie was obviously a
good spoof on behalf of folks just like yourself, although it further
demonstrates that such impressive infomercial alternatives were in fact
doable, as were many other photographic examples of what at the time was
equally hocus-pocus MI6/NSA business as per cold-war cloak and dagger
usual. As based upon the regular laws of physics and of the best
available science that's replicated, there's actually 1000% better proof
positive that we hadn't walked on that physically dark and nasty moon of
ours, and it's pretty much of the very same ongoing reasons why it's
going to take us another decade if ever before anyone of our kind
actually walks on that earthshine illuminated moon for a few minutes
(possibly a few hours worth) before reaching their career TBI dosage
limits.

Besides accomplishing the moon itself, too bad that EML1/MEL1 (moon's
L1) is still so gosh darn taboo or need-to-know if not nondisclosure
rated.

EML1 Considerations / by: Rand Simberg

http://mygate.mailgate.org/mynews/sc...ma ilgate.org

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...5d992607bb0431

Oddly it's still by far the most payload efficient parking orbit in
town, always in view of Earth, always in view of our side of the moon,
nearly always in the sun, getting loads of extra IR/FIR energy off the
moon, as well as getting the full secondary share or gauntlet of lunar
gamma and hard-X-rays that have got to be good for something besides
terminating our frail DNA.

L1 is even close enough that an Apache Point 3.5 meter class of
instrument with an extra 10X projection lens and the 1.5 micron CCD
could easily pull in Apollo details of their original surface
expeditions by way of those various impact deployments, although it
would also put the likes of the Hubble/SST to shame by a good 100 fold
improved resolution at nearly twice the light gathering potential, and
there's certainly no image stacking problems of getting the PhotoShop
composite image resolution of our earthshine illuminated moon down to
well below 1 meter (similar to what KECK can manage if they masked off
99% of each primary mirror).

Remember that in L1 there's almost no limitation as to the focal length
of that secondary mirror, whereas it could just as easily become a full
km if not 1000 km, or perhaps going for the moon itself at 58,000 km
seems entirely doable (there could be a south pole, north pole and the
east/west horizon placements of such secondary mirrors).

L1 as the VLA portion of an SAR image receiving via terrestrial radar
transmitters is of course out of this silly world impressive, not that
it couldn't easily accommodate the entire SAR do-everything of something
10 fold or larger than our shuttle bay configured alternative that from
LEO pulled in 1.5 meter raw image resolutions of Earth, and even that
accomplishment was as of nearly a decade ago.

Perhaps soon enough China will accomplish their initial place-holding
version of my LSE-CM/ISS, thereby control most all of the moon's L1 and
damn near everything related, including the physically dark and salty
moon itself that supposedly has all of that nifty He3 that's so fusion
invaluable, plus offering a cosmic morgue worth of other nifty elements
and a few of those weird ET spores to spare.

The following topic is chuck full of nifty ideas and more than a few
notions for utilizing our moon's L1 (though I've got lots more to say
than they do). Too bad that it's still so taboo/nondisclosure rated,
with little mention of myself and I believe nothing of any Clarke
Station, other than via my contributions that are excluded and/or in
banishment mode because I tend to ask too many of those pesky questions,
and I otherwise impose too much of the truth and nothing but the truth,
along with my fair share of deductive common sense and a touch of
remorse on behalf of benefiting the lower 99.9% of humanity and perhaps
salvaging our otherwise failing environment to boot.

Location, Location, Location! / by: Space Cadet

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...115186067c3a94
-
Brad Guth

Old January 15th 07, 09:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro,rec.arts.sf.written
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Jonathan" wrote in message

The moon will most likely have to wait until after WW-III.

Accomplishing Venus L2 before our moon's L1 may become the next best
thing to having zero-g sex in space (at least VL2 is POOF doable).
However, for the moment we seem to be running ourselves out of talent
and resources, not to mention the necessary loot. Therefore I'm ruling
out a Venus surface trek or even that of a composite rigid airship
expedition that never sets a human hot-foot on that geothermally active
deck.

I'm also into thinking faith-based science can become a very good thing,
as a common club/cult like binder of moral intentions and motivation as
based upon the remorse of our past that hasn't always gone according to
plan, and otherwise for accomplishing the greater good on behalf of
humanity and that of salvaging our badly failing environment. Earth is
supposedly a complex community of interrelated life like nowhere other
that we know of, yet special interest group after group has been into
doing all that each can in order to take from others while making the
future survival of such others/outsiders as difficult and/or as spendy
as can be accomplished. Unfortunately Osama/Usama didn't take kindly to
such notions of Islamic/Muslims paying the ultimate price over and over,
while the less than faith-based world of greed, arrogance and bigotry
around them was continually living a better quality of life at the
ongoing demise of so many others.

Unfortunately, there's nothing all that simple about it, except that it
takes at least two to tango, doesn't it. The question of the almighty
day is; How many ideological faith-based wars are you folks willing to
accept and/or allow to transpire over such perpetrated disinformation
and outright lies?

Born-again liars seldom if ever tell on one another, do they. Just look
at what the Jews did on behalf of getting and/or allowing Jesus Christ
(one of their own kind) or any other trouble makers to being put on a
stick, or especially at what a Catholic Pope did to most all of those
nice Cathars, and then each holy group proceeded to lie their born-again
infomercial spewing butts off as though they had the likes of our
resident born-again LLPOF warlord(GW Bush) at the helm.

As per topic/author stalking usual, it's the status quo of "send in the
clowns" of spooks/moles and MIB damage control borgs, or simply
utilizing the sorts of dumbfounded fools like yourself doing their level
best at trying to keep those silly perpetrated cold-war lids on tight,
and of otherwise protecting that fleet of their good ship USS LOLLIPOPs
from sinking into their own cesspools of NASA's infomercial crapolla.

Of course the Russian/USSR space-race and moon efforts were essentially
worth, and then some. It's pretty much what absolute *******s of a kind
do best, isn't it?

In spite of all their infomercial spewing gauntlets of mainstream status
quo flak, I think we've been rather nicely snookered (some of us to
death and/or into the poor-house) by those having "the right stuff", and
by that of our mutually perpetrated cold-war(s) that has cost us
precious decades of having badly diverted our best talents, having way
over-spent our limited resources and obviously over the decades having
taken trillions upon trillions of hard earned dollars, that has now
turned itself into a bloody global energy domination fiasco, plus yet
another round of a rather nasty global inflation that's currently in the
task of our taking Muslim oil. At least that's what I think.

I'm not the least bit anti-moon, it's just that we simply do not need to
walk upon the physically dark and nasty moon (at least not in person),
just establish and hold onto the moon's L1 zone or gravity nullification
pocket is way more than good enough, that is unless you don't mind China
or perhaps Russia having that sweet spot all to themselves, and that's
pretty much what I and anyone with so much as half a village idiot brain
should think.

By my best interpretation, there was in fact no such moon landings in
the manner suggested by our NASA/Apollo fiasco, whereas that silly
"moontruth" movie was obviously a good spoof on behalf of folks just
like yourself, although it further demonstrates that such impressive
infomercial alternatives were in fact doable, as were many other
photographic examples of what at the time was equally hocus-pocus
MI6/NSA business as per cold-war cloak and dagger usual. As based upon
the regular laws of physics and of the best available science that's
replicated, there's actually 1000% better proof positive that we hadn't
walked on that physically dark and nasty moon of ours, and it's pretty
much of the very same ongoing reasons why it's going to take us another
spendy decade if ever before anyone of our kind actually walks on that
earthshine illuminated moon for a few minutes (possibly a few hours
worth) before reaching their career TBI dosage limits.

Besides accomplishing the moon itself, too bad that EML1/MEL1 (moon's
L1) is still so gosh darn taboo or need-to-know, if not entirely
nondisclosure rated.

EML1 Considerations / by: Rand Simberg

http://mygate.mailgate.org/mynews/sc...ma ilgate.org

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...5d992607bb0431

Oddly, it's still by far the most payload efficient parking orbit in
town, always in view of Earth, always in view of our side of the moon,
nearly always in the sun, plus getting loads of extra IR/FIR energy off
the moon, as well as taking on the full secondary share or gauntlet of
lunar gamma and hard-X-rays that have got to be good for something
besides terminating our frail DNA.

L1 is even close enough that an Apache Point 3.5 meter class of
instrument with an extra 10X projection lens and the 1.5 micron CCD
could easily pull in Apollo details of their original surface
expeditions by way of those various robotic impact deployments, although
it would also put the likes of the Hubble/SST to shame by a good 100
fold improved resolution at nearly twice the light gathering potential,
and there's certainly no image stacking problems of getting the
PhotoShop composite image resolution of our earthshine illuminated moon
down to well below 1 meter (similar to what KECK can manage if they
masked off 99% of each primary mirror).

Remember that in L1 there's almost no limitation as to establishing the
ultimate focal length of that secondary mirror, whereas it could just as
easily become a full km if not 1000 km, or perhaps going for the moon
itself at 58,000 km seems entirely doable (there could be a south pole,
north pole and the east/west horizon placements of such secondary
mirrors).

L1 as the VLA portion of an SAR image receiving via terrestrial radar
transmitters is of course out of this silly world impressive, not that
it couldn't easily accommodate the entire SAR do-everything of something
10 fold or larger than our shuttle bay configured alternative, that
which from LEO pulled in 1.5 meter raw image resolutions of Earth, and
even that accomplishment was as of nearly a decade ago.

Perhaps soon enough China will accomplish their initial place-holding
version of my LSE-CM/ISS, thereby control most all of the moon's L1 and
damn near everything related, including the physically dark and salty
moon itself that supposedly has all of that nifty He3 that's so fusion
invaluable, plus offering viable access to a cosmic morgue worth of
other nifty and rare elements and most likely having a few of those
weird ET spores to spare.

The following topic is chuck full of nifty ideas and more than a few
notions for utilizing our moon's L1 (though I've got lots more to say
about utilizing L1 than they do). Too bad that it's still so

Old January 16th 07, 01:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro,rec.arts.sf.written
R Sweeney

"Jonathan" wrote in message

Just after the first moon landing, Sept 16 1969, Neil Armstrong
stood before a Joint Session of Congress and stated....

It was abandoned... in 1968.

Replaced by a failed trucking company with no place to go.

Old January 16th 07, 05:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro,rec.arts.sf.written
Ken from Chicago

"R Sweeney" wrote in message
. ..

"Jonathan" wrote in message

Just after the first moon landing, Sept 16 1969, Neil Armstrong
stood before a Joint Session of Congress and stated....

It was abandoned... in 1968.

Replaced by a failed trucking company with no place to go.

It should be replaced by

BOOOOOTSSS IIIIIIINNNN SPAAAAAAACCCCCE!

-- Ken from Chicago

Old January 17th 07, 10:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro,rec.arts.sf.written
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Bruce Stewart" wrote in message
.uk

I see that you're another Usenet insider spook/mole that's working hard
on behalf of polishing our resident LLPOF warlord(GW Bush), and of
absolutely brown-nosing into everything that our Skull and Bones
corrupted office represents (including NASA).
-
Brad Guth

Old January 21st 07, 11:23 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.astro,rec.arts.sf.written
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Jonathan" wrote in message

Just after the first moon landing, Sept 16 1969, Neil Armstrong
stood before a Joint Session of Congress and stated....

Sorry folks, we haven't walked on the moon, but so what's the difference
if one more lie begets another and another?

If not in person, I hope to hell we don't summarily screw up Venus via
robotics to the extent that we've accomplished so much dastardly
commercial pillaging, trashing and raping mother Earth without so much
as a speck of remorse.

I obviously care most about Venus, as our moon seriously sucks and Venus
is otherwise more than obviously where all the action is at, especially
since Pluto got the royal shaft, as seemingly Ceres is getting a similar
official NASA fid, and Mercury is simply too off-world as well as past
the point of return (similar to Mars).

At least VL2 is more than cool enough, as to being POOF doable.

While rather quickly roasting our weiners on Venus, how much energy do
you suppose a good air conditioning system as part of your CO2--CO/O2
process is going to demand?

Remember, at that sort of pressure you'll not require more than a 1% O2
factor, and the remainder should be of H2. Thus 99% H2 and 1% O2. Also
remember that you'll be continually fighting off the lesser gravity of
90.5%, and otherwise having all of that pesky 64+ kg/m3 of buoyancy to
fend off. Of course, if you only had half a village idiot brain, as
such you might utilize such factors as to your benefit.

Say per 1000 m3/(interior 10 x 20 x 5 meter abode) if that Venusian
habitat volume were insulated at R-1024/m2; what's the thermal budget
of keeping your cache of beer and vodka icy cold?

That's roughly a surface/foundation area of 264 m2, a portion of what
should be roughly a 828 m2 exterior that's exposed to the hotter than
hell surface that's getting rid of 20 J/m2, and otherwise fending off
the somewhat toasty atmosphere. Therefore it's nearly always hot
outside and there's just the structual composite insulated barrier of
R-1024/m that's giving way to an inward flux of thermal conduction
that's worth 0.00097656/m2 to deal with, which seems rather managable,
if not a touch overkill.

Is there something otherwise specific that you'd like to review or
contribute, such as on behalf of those nifty composite rigid airships?

How about we review on behalf of defending yourself from those
exoskeletal Cathars that can't seem to take no for an answer?

Would you like to talk about the VL2 platform/depot or how about
interplanetary communications?
-
Brad Guth