Where is Saturn in sky over Huygens landing site?

Old January 20th 05, 12:08 AM
Andre Lieven

"D Schneider" ) writes:
Andre Lieven wrote:

[...]
The point of it was, that as
NASCAR drivers had to wear the logos of their contributors, so should
political candidates.

Which ignores the point that NASCAR sponsors have as their goal *having
their logos seen*.

Indeed.

Political sponsors have as their goal *action or
non-action on government agendas*.

Su Should dishonesty be abbetted, or corrected ?

Many of them are disappointed that
their sponsorship can be observed by those who put the effort into going
to the websites that list the FEC filings, even though that number is
small compared to those who watch network TV.

Indeed. I believe that Mahar's point was that such abbetting of
corporate dishonesty should not be permitted.

Andre

--
" I'm a man... But, I can change... If I have to... I guess. "
The Man Prayer, Red Green.
Old January 20th 05, 02:36 AM
D Schneider

Andre Lieven wrote:

[...]
Indeed. I believe that Mahar's point was that such abbetting of
corporate dishonesty should not be permitted.

Now I can agree to that. But the jacket still makes an oblique
representation of the point, given the difference in *who* requires the
logos. I guess it's good for emotional purposes, which would appeal to TV
personalities.

/dps

Old January 20th 05, 04:22 AM
Andre Lieven

"D Schneider" ) writes:
Andre Lieven wrote:

[...]
Indeed. I believe that Mahar's point was that such abbetting of
corporate dishonesty should not be permitted.

Now I can agree to that. But the jacket still makes an oblique
representation of the point, given the difference in *who* requires the
logos.

Quibble. That each recipient is sponsored, such a state should be
more clear, with politicians. Its well covered, with race drivers.

I guess it's good for emotional purposes, which would appeal to TV
personalities.

How about " truth in advertising ", since pol candidates spend so
much on it ?

Andre

Old January 20th 05, 09:39 AM
Pat Flannery

Ami Silberman wrote:

On the other hand, I wonder how many USA citizens would sell their USA
citizenships for $1,000,000.00 CD and the opportunity to move someplace with
universal healthcare, a public retirement system that isn't allegedly going
to fall apart real-soon-now, and cheap prescription drugs.

Don't forget the Molson's, you hoser! They have that too! :-)

Pat
Old February 20th 05, 08:24 PM
Angelo Campanella

Odysseus wrote:
Angelo Campanella wrote:
Perhaps Earth has much oxygen because our water has been processed by
carbon cycle life into plants, with insect and animal life as
by-product. The higher intellect of these insects and animals provides
opportunity for evolution as we know it. Their aggressive growth has
resulted in significant O2.

A lot of the oxygen would have come from carbon dioxide as well.
There's little doubt that there was no free oxygen in the early
atmosphere, evidenced, for example, in that there are certain
minerals that only form in water that has oxygen dissolved in it, and
they 'suddenly' appear for the first time in the Precambrian
sediments laid down about three billion years ago.

So were these one or two of the biblical "7 days". I feel that truth is
buried in biblical statements, but the "spin" has yet to be worked out.

Angelo Campanella

Old February 20th 05, 10:05 PM
Double-A

Angelo Campanella wrote:
Perhaps Earth has much oxygen because our water has been

processed by
carbon cycle life into plants, with insect and animal life as
by-product. The higher intellect of these insects and animals

provides
opportunity for evolution as we know it. Their aggressive growth

has
resulted in significant O2.

A lot of the oxygen would have come from carbon dioxide as well.
There's little doubt that there was no free oxygen in the early
atmosphere, evidenced, for example, in that there are certain
minerals that only form in water that has oxygen dissolved in it,

and
they 'suddenly' appear for the first time in the Precambrian
sediments laid down about three billion years ago.

Free oxygen was released into the atmosphere when plants fixed carbon
into hydrocarbons such as petroleum and coal.

Now that we are burning those hydrocarbons, we are reversing that
process, and the depletion of the free oxygen should be inevitable.

Double-A

Old February 21st 05, 03:38 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Angelo Campanella" wrote in message
I feel that truth is
buried in biblical statements, but the "spin" has yet to be worked out.

That's because it's still in the "wash" cycle.

Old February 21st 05, 05:52 AM
Twittering One

"I feel that truth is
Buried in biblical statements,
But the "spin" has yet to be worked out."
~ Angelo Campanella

"That's because
It's still in the 'wash' cycle."
~ Scott Hedrick

"... O, but ~
Have not we met, have not we oxidized,
Lipidized our perameters? If so,
Please, just harmonize ~
Just say so!"
~ Twittering

Old February 22nd 05, 01:02 AM
OM

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:38:28 -0500, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Angelo Campanella" wrote in message
I feel that truth is
buried in biblical statements, but the "spin" has yet to be worked out.

That's because it's still in the "wash" cycle.

....And, of course, the "rinse" cycle uses Holy Water.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr