What does mercury taste like?

Old October 21st 06, 04:23 AM posted to sci.physics,alt.astronomy
honestjohn[_1_]

Default What does mercury taste like?

"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Warning Warning Warning Once mercury gets into your blood its very bad
news. It ends up in your brain and nerve system. You will die a death
very close to Parkinsen disease. If even you swallow just a little
Bert

I heard that swallowing mercury was somewhat of a fad back in the
renaissance days. Mercury was used in a lot of traditional medicines
too. My dentist put lots of it in my teeth in all those amalgam
filings. That metallic taste couldn't have been from the silver! He
even gave me some mercury to take home and play with (shutter!). In
school they put Mercurichrome on my cuts and scrapes, loaded with
mercury. In college chemistry class we did the notorious classic
experiment of heating cinnabar and condensing mercury, presumably
inhaling lots of mercury vapor during the experiment. Then we washed
the mercury down the drain, leaving a deposit in the trap to provide
the lab air with a continuous supply of mercury vapor! I found that I
liked swordfish. Then I found out that it is very high in mercury! I
was told to use a salve for a rash I had. Yep! Loaded with mercury!

So if I seem a little edgy, I guess its because all that accumulated
nerve damage from all that mercury over the years!

Double-A

Don't forget that tuna sandwich or that jet contrail you saw today.

C.H.J.

Old October 21st 06, 05:23 AM posted to sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

honestjohn wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

Oh no! I used to eat a tuna salad sandwich every day for lunch!

Double-A

Old October 21st 06, 06:20 AM posted to sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Anabaena Microcystis

"Double-A" wrote in message
s.com...

honestjohn wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

got any cavities filled in your teeth ?
90% chance they are mercury amalgam and it leaches out over time.
you already know what it tastes like
google for it.

Old October 21st 06, 12:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

HJ No more mercury for filings, Mercury looks harmless. I use to play
with it as a kid. Best to keep in mind lead was used in most paints.
Today its costs thousands of bucks to be scraped away,and can not go to
a regular dump. Even the truck is air tight. Asbestos the same. We must
not forget cigarette smoke. Coal dust. Car exhorts Cheap
air-conditioning filters that do not kill deadly virus that live in the
system My company M&M uses a filter that kills 99% of this virus and
all bacteria. One of my better ideas Bert

Old October 21st 06, 07:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
HJ No more mercury for filings, Mercury looks harmless. I use to play
with it as a kid. Best to keep in mind lead was used in most paints.
Today its costs thousands of bucks to be scraped away,and can not go to
a regular dump. Even the truck is air tight. Asbestos the same. We must
not forget cigarette smoke. Coal dust. Car exhorts Cheap
air-conditioning filters that do not kill deadly virus that live in the
system My company M&M uses a filter that kills 99% of this virus and
all bacteria. One of my better ideas Bert

Bert,

I'm glad they banned the lead foil (capsule) around the tops of wine
bottles. The wine seeps and corrodes them, and it gets on the glass,
and when you pour your wine, it becomes "leaded". The old bottles of
vintage wine I am trying to sell from the early 80's still have it.
Even my Wild Turkey whiskey did. But any recent vintage wine you buy
today doesn't.

Also you can get lead from leaded crystal decanters if you keep wine in
them. The high acid content of wine will leach lead from the glass.
Keeping whiskey in them isn't so bad, because it has a low acid
content.

Double-A

Old October 22nd 06, 11:53 AM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

Saul Levy wrote:

More stupidity from the stupid old fool, BEERTbrain! I have plenty of
mercury filllings with no effect.

Saul Levy

nightbat

Ha, ha, well now that explains allot Officer Bert, the slow
potential mercury poisoning over the years of poor desert Saul.

ponder on,
the nightbat

Old October 22nd 06, 12:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A That true story about the ship stuck in the North Pole area
had aboard the first canned food. The cans were sealed with
lead(soldier) After weeks an one of its members died,and his body eaten
away by rats they decided to leave ship(bad decision) They wanted to get
to a whaling base about 800 miles to the south. They took two life
boats with them one had the ships piano the other over 100 bibles(lots
of hard pulling) . In the beginning those that died were buried we'll
(lots of energy used.) their bodies were found deep in the ice,and well
preserved. Blood tested out they died of lead poisoning. It
effects the brain This story was on NOVA about 5 years ago. Speilberg
should do a movie on it. Can't think of the name of the party,it might
have been Anderson??? Bert Best to remember not to long ago we were
breathing the fumes of leaded gas.,and knowing how evil lead is. Amoco
was the only oil company that cared for its customers. I bought Amoco

Old October 22nd 06, 01:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Cactus Saul The fact that you have all that mercury in your mouth makes
for an easy theory, it poisoned your brain,and that explains why your
thinking has the IQ of 65. It fits Thanks for giving us this
information .Knowing you have a mouth full of mercury makes me feel very
bad,and I won't pick on you any more Your virtual friend Bert