The Universe !

Old July 30th 19, 10:10 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_2_]

Default The Universe !

On 30/07/2019 7:32 am, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 5:40:27 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Why does life exist at all? Is there some benefit to this strange situation

called life?

Well that certainly is a peculiar question. What do you mean by "benefit" ?

Easy enough question. We all know what the word benefit means.

Certainly seems to benefit the life forms involved.

Just seems to be an interestung fact of the way things are.

If there was a God ( which there certainly isn't ) then life might just be a way of his getting some special kicks.

Why is there life? What does it all mean? I mean if it all ends six feet

under, existence is the mostly meaningless thing that ever happened. Existence

would be what is ridiculous.

Why is that? Some say death is what gives life meaning. That means
it's the opposite of ridiculous.

Humans aren't the end product by any means. We are 1 cog along the
evolutionary line.

Amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and birds evolved after fish. The first
amphibians evolved from a lobe-finned fish ancestor about 365 million
years ago. They were the first vertebrates to live on land.

All life on Earth evolved from a single-celled organism that lived
roughly 3.5 billion years ago, a new study seems to confirm. The study
supports the widely held "universal common ancestor" theory first
proposed by Charles Darwin more than 150 years ago.

Very egotistical of you to think it's all about humans. Laughable actually.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old July 30th 19, 05:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 5:40:27 PM UTC-5, casagi...wrote:

[...]

You are not thinking rationally. If it all ends in death it may as well all never have been. Reality would be ridiculous.
Old July 30th 19, 07:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

You have to clarify what you mean by "benefit" .

It all depends on the context.

e.g. - benefit to a predator is the opposite to his prey.

Clarify what you mean.

Old July 30th 19, 09:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 2:10:31 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
[...]

Life came out of water.Fish first.Cern can not speak of Gods,but it scares me when they say "The universe can not be"To think its all an illusion is crazy.Some of it is virtual maybe as much as 28%. I just gave my face a good slap.It made a lot of waves and photons.Hmmm Bert

---
https://www.avg.com

Old July 30th 19, 10:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 1:28:45 PM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:
You have to clarify what you mean by "benefit" .

It all depends on the context.

e.g. - benefit to a predator is the opposite to his prey.

Clarify what you mean.

Benefit: anything that does any good at all. Anything that improves quality of

being.
Old July 30th 19, 11:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Clarify what you mean.

Benefit: anything that does any good at all. Anything that improves quality of

being.

Sorry, but "good", "quality of being" and "benefit" are absolutely subjective .

When using these phrases, you must define a very clear context .

You simply have not .

Old July 31st 19, 12:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 5:30:32 PM UTC-5, casagi...wrote:

Clarify what you mean.

Benefit: anything that does any good at all. Anything that improves quality of

being.

Sorry, but "good", "quality of being" and "benefit" are absolutely subjective .

When using these phrases, you must define a very clear context .

You simply have not .

Context makes no difference in the meaning of a word.
Old July 31st 19, 07:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

=20
=20
=20=20Sorry,=20but=20"good",=20"quality=20of=20b eing"=20and=20"b=

enefit"=20are=20absolutely=20subjective=20.
=20
=20=20When=20using=20these=20phrases,=20you=20mu st=20define=20a=

=20very=20clear=20context=20.
=20
=20=20You=20simply=20have=20not=20.

=20Context=20makes=20no=20difference=20in=20the=2 0meaning=20of=20=

a=20word.

That's=20simply=20not=20correct.

Context=20generally=20has=20everything=20to=20do=2 0with=20definiti=
on=20or=20meaning.

Go=20to=20=20https://www.merriam-webster.com/=20=20and=20enter=20a=
lmost=20any=20word=20and=20note=20all=20the=20cont extual=20clarifi=
cations.

Old July 31st 19, 08:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 1:37:10 PM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:

Sorry, but "good", "quality of being" and "benefit" are absolutely subjective .

When using these phrases, you must define a very clear context .

You simply have not .

Context makes no difference in the meaning of a word.

That's simply not correct.

Context generally has everything to do with definition or meaning.

Go to https://www.merriam-webster.com/ and enter almost any word and note all the contextual clarifications.

Since we disagree over the basics of communication I will try again

later.
Old July 31st 19, 10:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 12:32:39 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 1:37:10 PM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:

Sorry, but "good", "quality of being" and "benefit" are absolutely subjective .

When using these phrases, you must define a very clear context .

You simply have not .

Context makes no difference in the meaning of a word.

That's simply not correct.

Context generally has everything to do with definition or meaning.

Go to https://www.merriam-webster.com/ and enter almost any word and note all the contextual clarifications.

Since we disagree over the basics of communication I will try again

later. Just say God and you said it all.Its your cop out.You live in the dark age and you will never see the end of the tunnel