Science or Science Fiction?

Old July 16th 19, 09:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default Science or Science Fiction?

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 12:12:22 PM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
Since the future doesn't exist, one has to ...invent it.

That means, if you have an idea...you have to 'make it happen'...otherwise...it doesn't happen.

you got an idea for a rau gun, you gotta make it happen.

I got an idea for xray glasses.

You put them on and you see naked girls.

Here is how it works...

you take glasses
(google glasses)
and you take a picture/video
of the girl in front of you
with your iphone...
then you attach your
iphone to the glasses
which is programmed/app to display
deepfake nude video on the body
of the girl in front of you on the glasses.

Every kid will be wearing deepfakexrayglasses in school!

(of course i would advertise them in comic books first)

The Starmaker wrote:

Richard Hertz wrote:

On Monday, 15 July 2019 21:00:01 UTC-3, The Starmaker wrote:
If you want an idea what the Future would be like...

would you hire a Scientist to tell you, or a Science Fiction writer?

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

1) An astrophysicist, to tell me which are the probabilities for X-50 grade
and higher Solar Flares pointing to Earth in the next 100 years. (Knowing).
Then, to tell me about a new Tunguska Event in the next 40 years. Curiously
110 years have passed since then (see point 2).

2) A geologist and a vulcanologist, to tell me what are the probabilities of:
a) a Richter 9.7 event at San Andres fault; b) A Yellowstone "puff". For a)
in the next 20 years (remember SF almost 110 years ago?). For b) in the next
20 to 30 years, including effects of a). Remember St. Helen?

3) An Earth's sciences expert to tell me about the probabilities of a pole
reversal in the next 30 years, which would cause a new Ice Age and deadly
earthquakes all over the planet.

4) If the first three have low chances, then I'd hire Bill Gates to tell me
which is the date of massive irruption of AI everywhere (he knows)..

5) If the first four have a positive outlook, I'd hire an strategist with
experience in geo-econo-politics, to tell me when the inflated fiat money
market will explode, with probabilities according to a pile-up of 5 years
chunks of time. I think China-Russia are a causation for this event.