ozone damage from telescope lazer and rockets

Old September 24th 03, 10:21 AM
onegod

I guess either no study has been done OR only grammar police and idiot
wannabe know it all want to reply.

"onegod" wrote in message
Is there any study done on the subject?

It seems to me logical that holes created by powerful lazer causes damages
which are repaired naturally. However, similar to smoking in humans, it
might increase the damage and risk over time?

Old September 24th 03, 02:58 PM
Steve Grant

"onegod" wrote in message
I guess either no study has been done OR only grammar police and idiot
wannabe know it all want to reply.

Have you considered suing the elementary school which did such a poor job of
educating you?

Old September 24th 03, 06:06 PM
M. Sexauer

"onegod" wrote in message ...
Is there any study done on the subject?

It seems to me logical that holes created by powerful lazer causes damages
which are repaired naturally. However, similar to smoking in humans, it
might increase the damage and risk over time?

I doubt that there have been enough LASER firings into the upper
atmosphere to cause detectable damage. Most high power lasers until
recent were HF or DF lasers which have horrible atmospheric
transmittance (they scatter real bad). High power lasers were
realistically limited to a very short range until about 10-15 years
ago when adaptive optics came onto the scene. The current focus of
high power lasers is to hit objects in the atmosphere, not satellites
(though this could always change). The latest trend is to use smaller
short range lasers, not big high power lasers.

Mike

Old September 24th 03, 09:45 PM
Ron Miller

"Odysseus" wrote in message
Ron Miller wrote:

He should at least learn how to spell "laser".

It's an acronym, you see: Light Amplification for Zapping Earthlings
with Radiation.

Dang. I'd forgotten that.

Old September 24th 03, 10:06 PM
onegod

I guess to you potential damage to ozone does not warrant study. Otoh, it
seems that now days they are replacing active telescope system that place
hole in atmosphere to reduce distortion with active filter and computation
system. However, there is still continue damage from rockets which i would
think someone should have study the environmental impact.