Life on Mars

Old June 23rd 03, 02:04 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Life on Mars

Hi Painius I asked Moby since you eat mostly claims,and there could be
clams on mars would he like to go there. I got his reply in a two arm
Italian solute. I told him Big Moe would have gone in a heart beat. He
came back with Big Moe had the brain's of a cockroach. Painius it is
not easy having a pet that is smarter than its master. I tell him he is
part of the clam family(he does not like that),and comes back with "you
came from ugly apes". (go figure) Bert

Old June 28th 03, 03:09 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

If there are one cell life on Mars they would have to live under
ground,and near the tall mountains that were created by volcanoes.
The rock would have to be very porus,and damp to the touch.These rocks
would get there warmth from Mars interior. The one cell animal would be
protected from the radiation from space. They would get their energy
from heat,and absorbing the minerals in the rock. Their
matabulizum would be slow to conserve energy. There is no need for them
to evolve,for they have no place to go. The Mars rocks found on earth
prove my thinking to be true. The iron meteorite that I found in Florida
I'm looking at right now as I type. It could be a rock from Mars.
Bert

Old June 28th 03, 09:55 PM
Painius

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message...

If there are one cell life on Mars they would have to live under
ground,and near the tall mountains that were created by volcanoes.
The rock would have to be very porus,and damp to the touch.These rocks
would get there warmth from Mars interior. The one cell animal would be
protected from the radiation from space. They would get their energy
from heat,and absorbing the minerals in the rock. Their
matabulizum would be slow to conserve energy. There is no need for them
to evolve,for they have no place to go. The Mars rocks found on earth
prove my thinking to be true. The iron meteorite that I found in Florida
I'm looking at right now as I type. It could be a rock from Mars.
Bert

I've always felt that evolution is only a slow process because it
relies upon radical CHANGE of environment. A life form may
go on for eons with mutations that affect only a tiny part of the
entire population. Then something changes in the environment
to which the main population cannot adapt. Only a few mutants
survive to repopulate the new environment.

So i agree, there is no need for simple life on Mars to evolve.
That is, until we start changing their environment. It will be very
interesting to see how this turns out. Odds are, if we *do* find
simple life forms beneath the surface of Mars, and if they turn
out to be benign or even beneficial to humans, there will also be
a small number of mutants that are malevolent. If we screw up
the environment too much, then the benign life may give way to
the malevolent life.

Believe it or not, this may be one source of all the recent attacks
of malevolent viruses here on Earth. They may have been here
all along, but with the continued increase of human numbers and
our spread to areas heretofore sparsely- or un-inhabited (also
the forced migration of other species, especially primates, to
new areas to escape the human spread), the tiny number of
malevolent mutant viruses are finding hosts and spreading
throughout the world.

It'll take everything we have to keep our species extant. Just
one more bad thing resulting from the continued increase of
human numbers (Nature has a way of decreasing populations if
they get high enough to be a threat to our planet).

Asimov toward the end of life turned into rather a fuddy-duddy
on the subject of overpopulation. And yet... he *was* pretty
much a genius, and it might not hurt us to heed some of his
warnings.

Main US popclock...
http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

Dynamic Java...
http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/clock.html

Here's one more entertaining popclock...
http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/

'Twon't be long till we'll have one for Mars?

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

Old June 30th 03, 03:09 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Would like to add this thought. We seemed to have a new theory how life
started on earth,not out of the oceans,but out of tidal pools and
stagnant ponds. Seems clay was a big factor Now if life evolved
out of clay and water this is very similar to some religious beliefs I
remember reading this stuff about 3 years ago,but don't remember what
role clay plays. Still this fits well with life under ground on
Mars,and clay could be there (why not) With amino acid,and fatty acid
raining down from space,and some warm water Mars might end up like
chicken soup,instead of clam chowder Bert

Old June 30th 03, 10:38 PM
Sally

The clay particles are thought to act as a sort of substrate or scaffold on
which the organic molecules could assemble themselves. The clay prevented
them from being shaken apart by thermal agitation from the surrounding water
molecules.

Sally