Space Access '04 Conference & Hotel Info 3/25/04

Old March 25th 04, 11:19 PM
Henry Vanderbilt

Default Space Access '04 Conference & Hotel Info 3/25/04

Space Access Society
Space Access '04 Conference
April 22-24, 2004, in Phoenix Arizona

[NOTE! If you've tried to reserve rooms and been told they're sold out, try
again - there was a glitch in hotel reservations that should be fixed now.
As of Wednesday March 24th, there were still rooms available in our block.
Email us if there's any problem, at - thanks!]

Make your arrangements now to attend Space Access Society's twelfth
annual conference on the business, politics, and technology of radically
cheaper access to space, Space Access '04, Thursday afternoon April 22nd
through Saturday night April 24th, 2004, at the Ramada Hotel, 401 N 1st st in
downtown Phoenix, Arizona.

The conference is just weeks away, airfares will only cost more if you wait,
and hotel rooms are getting tight. Our reserved room block is going fast, and
outside that reserved block rooms at our hotel and in the area are getting
hard to come by (especially Thursday night) due to overlap with another event
nearby. Our reserved room block opens to general rental April 1st and will
likely be gone quickly then, for Thursday night at least - we are working on
backup arrangements with a nearby hotel and a shuttle bus, but they are bound
to be less convenient - our $79 "Space Access" rate is good right up until
the conference, but only as rooms are available - book now to be sure!

Our conference will once again be a cross-section of who's who in the emerging
low-cost launch industry, presenting an informal snapshot of where things are
this spring of 2004. Confirmed so far (stay tuned for more):

Pat Bahn, TGV Rockets
- Update From Oklahoma, or Propulsion On The Plains
John Carmack, Armadillo Aerospace
Mitchell Burnside Clapp, Pioneer Rocketplane
Len Cormier
- Space Van 2008
Experimental Rocket Propulsion Society
FAA AST
Jeff Greason of XCOR
- An Informal Workshop On The FAA AST License Process
John Hare
- Minimum Requirements For Useful Airbreathing Propulsion
And A Possible Approach
George William Herbert, Retro Aerospace
- You're Going To Burn It Anyway: Expendable Bulk Cargo Lift
- Orbital Space, Plain: Crewed Utility Vehicle
Jordin Kare
- Recent Progress In Heat-Exchanger Laser Propulsion
Leik Myrabo, Professor at RPI & CEO Lightcraft Technologies
- Beamed Energy Propulsion Survey
- Update On The Lightcraft Project
John Powell, JP Aerospace
Brant Sponberg, Program Manager, NASA Office Of Exploration Systems
- Introduction To NASA's Centennial Challenges Program
Brian "Rocket Guy" Walker
Henry Spencer
- Various Subjects Of His Choosing
- A Survey Of Potential Launch Sites
Henry Vanderbilt, Space Access Society
- Industry News & Updates
Laurie Wiggins, ToSpace
Dennis Wingo, Orbital Recovery Corp
XCOR Aerospace
X-Prize

and also panel discussions on, among other things
- Potentially Useful Political Initiatives
- Liability & Insurance Issues For Commercial Suborbital Operations

Be here or miss out - a big part of our relaxed atmosphere and up-to-the-
minute inside information is that we don't ask for formal papers. Alas, this
also means we don't do conference proceedings; the time and expense would be
prohibitive. So be here!

Our hotel this year is the AAA "Three Diamond" rated Ramada Hotel Phoenix-
Downtown, 401 N 1st st, four miles from the Phoenix airport, right in the
heart of the downtown Phoenix convention/sports/nightlife district. Our
conference hotel room rate is $79.00 per night, single or double, plus tax,
good for three days before and after the conference on a space-available
basis, mention "space access" for the rate when you reserve your room.
For reservations call (602) 258-3411.

Watch our web site,
http://www.space-access.org, for updates on the conference
and the latest confirmed speaker list.

Space Access '04 sessions are in the Ramada's 250-seat Arizona Ballroom.
Sessions will run 2-6 pm and 8-10 pm Thursday April 22nd, then all day and
evening Friday the 23rd and Saturday the 24th, with breaks midmorning and
midafternoon plus longer breaks for (on your own) lunch and dinner.

Registration (in the Ramada lobby) and our reknowned Space Access Hospitality
lounge (in the Marilyn Monroe Suite, 4th floor, across the pool courtyard from
the lobby) will be open by 8 am Friday and Saturday. Hospitality stays open
till late all nights.

Space Access '04 registration is $100 in advance, $120 at the door, $10 off
these rates for SAS members. $30 Student rate. Day rates at the door only.
One year's SAS membership is $30, please include your email address for
Updates. Mail checks and registration form to:

Space Access Society (SA'04), 4855 E Warner Rd #24-150, Phoenix AZ 85044.

(optional, will appear on badge)

(for SAS members Updates)

Payment ________ SA'04 _______ SAS Membership _______ total
(checks only please)