Short versus Long Stowaway

Old July 13th 03, 07:47 AM
Rich N.

Default Short versus Long Stowaway

I've done a very brief, not very careful side by side with my
original Stowaway and a new Stowaway. The images of the
moon at medium power were very similar. The images in the
f/7 were certainly very clean and contrasty.

I want both. Are interested in selling your f/7?

Rich

Mij Adyaw wrote in message ...
I consider myself very lucky in that I received a F7 Stowaway from
Astro-Physics last year. It is a wonderful scope that has excellent optics,
however, I have always wanted to own the original F4.9 Stowaway due to the
shorter physical length of the scope. The short length of the F4.9 Stowaway
make it the ideal extremely portable travel scope. On the other hand, I
understand that the F7 Stowaway performs better than the F4.9 Stowaway.

What is everyone's opinion on these two scopes? Is there anyone that would
like to swap their F4.9 for a new F7?

-jim

Old July 13th 03, 08:21 PM
Unbound Quark

I've looked through both. I prefer the f/7 one.
They both are fine on the deep-sky, but the f/7
seemed to have the edge on planets.