Satellite tracking software

Old December 6th 05, 06:16 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

Default Satellite tracking software

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:20:40 -0800, balt wrote:

Salut Philippe

what do you think is missing? I'm always open for suggestions.

How about making it run on a real operating system ?
Old December 6th 05, 06:19 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

"Tom Rauschenbach" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:20:40 -0800, balt wrote:

Salut Philippe

what do you think is missing? I'm always open for suggestions.

How about making it run on a real operating system ?

What you still have a Commodore Amiga?

Martin

Old December 6th 05, 06:30 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

In article , Martin wrote:

"Tom Rauschenbach" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:20:40 -0800, balt wrote:

Salut Philippe

what do you think is missing? I'm always open for suggestions.

How about making it run on a real operating system ?

What you still have a Commodore Amiga?

Hey! Don't forget us TRS-DOS users!

XP *is* a real operating system. Not, I grant, one I would use
given half a chance, but it is a real operating system.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
JediGeeks http://www.jedigeeks.com
Old December 6th 05, 11:08 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

"Jim" wrote in message
In article , Martin
wrote:

"Tom Rauschenbach" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:20:40 -0800, balt wrote:

Salut Philippe

what do you think is missing? I'm always open for suggestions.

How about making it run on a real operating system ?

What you still have a Commodore Amiga?

Hey! Don't forget us TRS-DOS users!

XP *is* a real operating system. Not, I grant, one I would use
given half a chance, but it is a real operating system.

Jim

Give me CPM anyday!!

Martin

Old December 7th 05, 04:08 AM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 22:08:04 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"
wrote:
Give me CPM anyday!!
Martin

Hmm,
I still have a Beeb-B monitoring auroral conditions, daily.

CPM (and Z80stuff second processors) required expensive Tube (C?)
prop. addons

Old December 7th 05, 08:19 AM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

wrote:
Give me CPM anyday!!
Martin

Hmm,
I still have a Beeb-B monitoring auroral conditions, daily.

CPM (and Z80stuff second processors) required expensive Tube (C?)
prop. addons

Ah, the good 'ole BBC 'B' - my all time favourite computer. Still a damn
good machine for controlling stuff due to its plethora of ports and
inbuild assembler.

Got a couple here as well - as well as an Atom.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2

Is anyone interested in helping contribute to a whisky podcast? If so,
please visit http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk/theDram/ thank you.
Old December 7th 05, 10:12 AM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

"Martin" wrote in message

"Tom Rauschenbach" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:20:40 -0800, balt wrote:

Salut Philippe

what do you think is missing? I'm always open for suggestions.

How about making it run on a real operating system ?

What you still have a Commodore Amiga?

I've still got two of them, in varying guises. An A1200 in a PC desktop box
(with PS2 Keyboard) and an old A500 (1.3). They were damn fine machines with
an excellent OS. All my earlier coursework was done on the A1200! )

Cheers,
Jim

Old December 7th 05, 11:36 AM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

"James Hill" jay ay undaskor hill on microsoft's hot mail dottcomm system
wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message

"Tom Rauschenbach" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:20:40 -0800, balt wrote:

Salut Philippe

what do you think is missing? I'm always open for suggestions.

How about making it run on a real operating system ?

What you still have a Commodore Amiga?

I've still got two of them, in varying guises. An A1200 in a PC desktop
box (with PS2 Keyboard) and an old A500 (1.3). They were damn fine
machines with an excellent OS. All my earlier coursework was done on the
A1200! )

Cheers,
Jim

These PC V Mac debates pale in compasison to the Amiga V Atari ST debates of
old. Many a good argument there. Must admit I love the old Amiga, although
being able to buy a new PC these days and run my old software is something
all these newbie's to computing take for granted. As an owner, of a Vic 20,
Atari 800, Commodore 128, Amiga then finally a PC the cost of buying new
software each time was murder!

Martin

Old December 7th 05, 12:27 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

"Martin" wrote in message

These PC V Mac debates pale in compasison to the Amiga V Atari ST
debates of old. Many a good argument there. Must admit I love the
old Amiga, although being able to buy a new PC these days and run
my old software is something all these newbie's to computing take for
granted. As an owner, of a Vic 20, Atari 800, Commodore 128, Amiga
then finally a PC the cost of buying new software each time was murder!

I'll bet it was! You should have bought a PC in the first place, instead
of all those toys. ;-)

brag
I remember bringing in my IBM PS/2 Model 70 486 PC to school as part
of a talk on astronomy, and ran several programs during the hour talk,
including GrandTour. At the time (1990), the school had BBC Master
128 machines everywhere. My talk was the first time many of them had
actually seen a real computer, and my little ol' PC was more powerful than
all of them put together. They also had two A3000 Archimedes machines
which approached something like a real computer, but were still just toys.
/brag

GrandTour still runs on 2000/XP.

Old December 7th 05, 12:29 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

In article , Tom wrote:

brag
I remember bringing in my IBM PS/2 Model 70 486 PC to school as part
of a talk on astronomy, and ran several programs during the hour talk,
including GrandTour. At the time (1990), the school had BBC Master
128 machines everywhere. My talk was the first time many of them had
actually seen a real computer, and my little ol' PC was more powerful than
all of them put together. They also had two A3000 Archimedes machines
which approached something like a real computer, but were still just toys.
/brag

The BBC Master machines were _wonderful_ computers for their time.
Implying that they were somehow not a 'real' computer is doing them
a grave disservice. They were, I admit, quite long in the tooth by
that point though.

The A3000 was a nifty beast, but the video pallette was..eccentric,
shall we say?

However, we're getting woefully off topic so I'll shut up now.

Jim