Satellite tracking software

Old November 28th 05, 04:06 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

Default Satellite tracking software

Hi all,

I'll take my chances here for getting flamed posting a commercial. But
hey, it's subject matter related, guaranteed not to enlarge your tally
wacker (well, it could, I suppose), and generally great software.

Only today, for 24 hours, my satellite tracking, iridium flare
predicting and earth with clouds displaying software SatWhere can be
purchased for a lousy $17 from http://www.satwhere.com. The occasion:
My birthday! That's 50 cents for every year I've been around, life
doesn't come any cheaper than that.

Enjoy everyone!

- Balt

Old November 29th 05, 03:32 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi all,

I'll take my chances here for getting flamed posting a commercial. But
hey, it's subject matter related, guaranteed not to enlarge your tally
wacker (well, it could, I suppose), and generally great software.

Only today, for 24 hours, my satellite tracking, iridium flare
predicting and earth with clouds displaying software SatWhere can be
purchased for a lousy $17 from http://www.satwhere.com. The occasion:
My birthday! That's 50 cents for every year I've been around, life
doesn't come any cheaper than that.

Enjoy everyone!

- Balt

Well yes , but Orbitron does all that and more, incredibly well for the
measly price of a postcard.

Old November 29th 05, 03:46 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:32:29 GMT, "kayakkhan"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Hi all,

I'll take my chances here for getting flamed posting a commercial. But
hey, it's subject matter related, guaranteed not to enlarge your tally
wacker (well, it could, I suppose), and generally great software.

Only today, for 24 hours, my satellite tracking, iridium flare
predicting and earth with clouds displaying software SatWhere can be
purchased for a lousy $17 from http://www.satwhere.com. The occasion:
My birthday! That's 50 cents for every year I've been around, life
doesn't come any cheaper than that.

Enjoy everyone!

- Balt

Well yes , but Orbitron does all that and more, incredibly well for the
measly price of a postcard.

Yes even at $17 it is to expensive..... A lot of think are
missing.....

Best Greetings From SWITZERLAND
Philippe HAAKE
ICQ 3128404
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/album/index.htm
http://astrosurf.com/skylover/meteo
http://www.astro-ge.net/

beruberu@NOSBSPAMfreesurfDOTch
!!!!!!REMOVE NOSBSPAM FROM MY E-MAIL!!!!!!

Spammers, here are some email addresses for your spambots:

$LOGIN@localhost $LOGNAME@localhost $USER@localhost
$USER@$HOST -h1024@localhost
admin@loopback
Old November 30th 05, 03:02 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

"kayakkhan" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi all,

I'll take my chances here for getting flamed posting a commercial. But
hey, it's subject matter related, guaranteed not to enlarge your tally
wacker (well, it could, I suppose), and generally great software.

Only today, for 24 hours, my satellite tracking, iridium flare
predicting and earth with clouds displaying software SatWhere can be
purchased for a lousy $17 from http://www.satwhere.com. The occasion:
My birthday! That's 50 cents for every year I've been around, life
doesn't come any cheaper than that.

Enjoy everyone!

- Balt

Well yes , but Orbitron does all that and more, incredibly well for the
measly price of a postcard.

Not to mention Satscape which is also a freebie.

Martin

Old December 1st 05, 12:55 AM posted to alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

Martin wrote:
"kayakkhan" wrote in message

wrote in message
groups.com...

Hi all,

I'll take my chances here for getting flamed posting a commercial. But
hey, it's subject matter related, guaranteed not to enlarge your tally
wacker (well, it could, I suppose), and generally great software.

Only today, for 24 hours, my satellite tracking, iridium flare
predicting and earth with clouds displaying software SatWhere can be
purchased for a lousy $17 from http://www.satwhere.com. The occasion:
My birthday! That's 50 cents for every year I've been around, life
doesn't come any cheaper than that.

Enjoy everyone!

- Balt

Well yes , but Orbitron does all that and more, incredibly well for the
measly price of a postcard.

Not to mention Satscape which is also a freebie.

Martin

Jentlemen !!! Thanks to this fellow I have already downloaded
2 alternative freeware packs.(i wil not even check his one).
If you keep this up,I will run out of spare free time!!!!! -) -)
Old December 1st 05, 03:26 AM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

Martin wrote:
Not to mention Satscape which is also a freebie.

Martin

I use NOVA lately, but I will deifnitely welcome Space-track support to
Satscape whenever it happens. I just got tired of using the TLE
Manager/Downloader from Celestrak in order to use Satscape.

Satscape's models, especially in 3D are impressive though.

--D

Old December 2nd 05, 07:11 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

SatWhere does a number of things Orbitron, NOVA and what they're all
called don't do, what comes to mind in no particular order:

1. None of them come in a 64bit edition. Satwhere does, both 32bit and
64bit.
2. None of them support multithreading.
3. None of them display a seasonal earth image with optional cloud
overlay
4. None of them were approved by US Strategic Command to distribute all
Kepler elements (yes, you read right! Upcoming in Version 1.3)
5. None of them give a detailed overhead sky view
6. None of them were designed for completely autonomous operation,
including kepler elements refresh

and last but not least, a few subjective points (after looking at the
competition)

7. None of them have a professionally engineered user interface that
looks halfway as nice as satwhere's.
8. None of them were developed by a software developer with my
professional background.
9. None of them let you define a field of view and timespan and show
you which satellites are going to fly through. This is very useful for
astrophotographers for instance, trying to not get their images spoiled
by satellite passes (also upcoming in 1.3).

There's 9 points none of my competitors can do, most of them don't do
iridium flares either (I think only orbitron does?), at the current
retail price of $24.99 that's not too shabby.

Cheers

- Balt

Old December 2nd 05, 07:20 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

Salut Philippe

what do you think is missing? I'm always open for suggestions.

Cheers

- Balt

Old December 2nd 05, 07:28 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

Orbitron doesn't do a lot of things SatWhere does, see my post below on
the specific features. I forgot one the It doesn't only
automatically download and maintain Keplers from space-track, it also
downloads the latest amateur maintained classified satellite elements.

Certainly, postcardware is cheaper than $24.99, the regular price I'm
charging. But then again, you get what you pay for. It all depends on
your expectations.

SatWhere was born out of a very particular need: The autonomous
operation of my HRPT receiver station (see http://www.ozabove.com)
which might explain why it doesn't cater to the average satellite
amateur. However, if you lend your opinion a voice rather than just a
dismissive shrug, you could help making SatWhere the best there is.
Tell me what it is you're missing!

Cheers

- Balt
http://www.satwhere.com
The ultimate satellite tracking and earthviewer software for $24.99

Old December 2nd 05, 07:30 PM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

wrote in message
oups.com...
SatWhere does a number of things Orbitron, NOVA and what they're all
called don't do, what comes to mind in no particular order:

Looks really nice. Can I slave my LX200 to it and use it to track and image
things like the ISS ?