Mars Rover

Old February 13th 04, 06:09 PM
bart janssens

Default Mars Rover

Douglas Berry wrote in message . ..
Lo, many moons past, on 11 Feb 2004 06:10:35 -0800, a stranger called
by some (bart janssens) came forth and
told this tale in alt.atheism

Did you ever witnessed a Shuttle-launch?

Several. I was stationed in Georgia in the the mid-80s, and arranging
leave days for the launch windows was pretty easy.

Discovery (51-C)
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/...sion-51-c.html

Discovery (51-D)
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/...sion-51-d.html

Challenger (51-B)
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/...sion-51-b.html

Challenger (51-G)
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/...sion-51-g.html

Discovery (51-I)
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/...sion-51-i.html

Atlantis (51-J, maiden flight)
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/...sion-51-j.html

Challenger (51-L, Keep the Dream Alive!)
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/...sion-51-l.html

Atlantis (STS-36, I had to see a night launch.. wow)
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/...on-sts-36.html

So I've seen them all launch except Columbia and Endeavour.

Yes. I would swear in a court of law that I saw a STS move away from
the ISS.

Would you swear in a court that the Shuttle disappeared
"behind the horizon", when you saw a launch of a Shuttle?

Old February 13th 04, 09:16 PM
Douglas Berry

Lo, many moons past, on 13 Feb 2004 09:09:14 -0800, a stranger called
[...]

Actually, we always had my telescope along. We followed it all the
way to SRB seperation. After that, it quickly became hard to track.
But I was told that at night launches you could see it shut down
engines. The next night we could spot the shuttle in orbit (depending
on the orbital track)

I would stand up in court, and swear I had seen the Shuttle launch
into orbit seven times. I was present for an eigth launch, but the
shuttle was destroyed 67 seconds after launch. Saw that clearly..
shudder.

--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

Ezekiel 13:20 "Wherefore thus saith the
Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows"

Old February 13th 04, 10:23 PM
Stephen Fels

"Douglas Berry" wrote in message
Actually, we always had my telescope along. We followed it all the
way to SRB seperation. After that, it quickly became hard to track.
But I was told that at night launches you could see it shut down
engines.

I've been fortunate enough to see MECO a few times during night launches.
Fascinating to listen to the mission comms and hear "Main Engine CutOff" as
the pale blue light winks out. The blinking red "taillights" of the SRB's
falling away is quite a site too.

The next night we could spot the shuttle in orbit (depending
on the orbital track)

I would stand up in court, and swear I had seen the Shuttle launch
into orbit seven times. I was present for an eigth launch, but the
shuttle was destroyed 67 seconds after launch. Saw that clearly..
shudder.

I was riding down an escalator at the mall in Green Bay, WI when I noticed
people were clambering for the electronics store windows. We watched it
again and again, on television screens of several dimensions and it never
got any easier...
--
Stephen
Home Page: stephmon.com

Old February 16th 04, 06:04 PM
bart janssens

[...]

SO, you dot not swear that the Shuttle disappeared
"behind the horizon", when you saw a launch of a Shuttle,
because the Shuttle DID NOT DISAPPEAR BEHIND THE HORIZON!

www.geocities.com/markpeeters96/aa.html
www.geocities.com/markpeeters96/proof1.html

Old February 16th 04, 07:53 PM
RetroProphet

SO, you dot not swear that the Shuttle disappeared
"behind the horizon", when you saw a launch of a Shuttle,
because the Shuttle DID NOT DISAPPEAR BEHIND THE HORIZON!

www.geocities.com/markpeeters96/aa.html
www.geocities.com/markpeeters96/proof1.html

Wow, looks like he's got you there.
What a powerful proof.

My posts have now been ignored by him because he has
no idea how to respond: he knows he can't explain
away the satellite-based telecommunications industry
with anything approaching solid evidence.

And, he doesn't want to think about what evidence
would convince him that stuff does orbit the earth,
which proves he's not interested in doing science,
just interested in putting forth an unsupportable
crackpot notion.

So, he sticks to nay-saying whatever you say,
and repeating his bogus physics.

I still think he's a trickster just trying to
get a rise out of folks.