ISS pass last night

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 20th 04, 09:38 AM
Martin Frey

Default ISS pass last night

At 9.50 last night an exceptionally bright satellite went practically
over my zenith - Starry Night says it was the ISS - but I've never
seen it so bright - blazing through cloud that Vega couldn't begin to
penetrate.

I've got a short loan of a Celestron 8inch which I was messing about
with (quite impressive - Jupiter was lovely.) Setting up was a
nightmare with every guide star either behind a cloud or a tree and I
got fed up with the cloud covering everything I looked at within 4
secs of finding it so I packed it in. Looked out the bedroom window
half an hour later - not a cloud in a crystal clear sky. Bummer.

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk