adjust back brakes

Old May 3rd 06, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.astronomy,demon.local

Default adjust back brakes

The message
from "honestjohn" contains these words:

A person, of African descent, usually found in the Southern states of the
United States. Porch Monkeys were commonly found sitting on their porches
doing little or nothing all day. Usually found on Plantations or large land
lots with a house/shack of some sort including a porch.

OK, so I know what it is, but what's the connotation?

--
Skipweasel
Old May 3rd 06, 01:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.astronomy,demon.local

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "honestjohn" contains these words:

A person, of African descent, usually found in the Southern states of

the
United States. Porch Monkeys were commonly found sitting on their

porches
doing little or nothing all day. Usually found on Plantations or large

land
lots with a house/shack of some sort including a porch.

OK, so I know what it is, but what's the connotation?

It's a way for guys like Art Deco to make fun of the ape like qualities of
blacks without actually saying the "N" word.

HJ
-----------

Sold to the porch monkey in the green fur pants and bone in his nose for 25
cents. Be proud brother!

- Art Deco a.k.a. "Big Bux Billie D"

Old May 3rd 06, 02:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.astronomy,demon.local

On Tue, 02 May 2006 19:54:11 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

Nightingale wrote:
Isn't Mike Baldwin dead?

Bruce was only killfiled, not killed.

That's the problem of cross posting from another country. You simply don't
understand things...

WTF has this got to do with this newsgroup?

--
DLF
Old May 3rd 06, 03:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.astronomy,demon.local

Nightingale wrote:
Isn't Mike Baldwin dead?

Bruce was only killfiled, not killed.

That's the problem of cross posting from another country. You simply don't
understand things...

WTF has this got to do with this newsgroup?

--
DLF

alt.astronomy?

Double-A

Old May 3rd 06, 04:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.astronomy,demon.local

Chris Dugan wrote:
Who is "we", Conan?

You loose the argument here as you're the first one to resort to name
calling.

Where is the name calling, Dugan?

You mean like in Singapore, conan? AOL!!!

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk..._singapore.htm
http://www.s1942.org.sg/dir_defence6.htm
http://www.throughthenight.co.uk/singapore.htm

In fact, I can't recall the last war Britian lost however every time
the US Forces set foot in Asia, they get their arses kicked by farmers
with WW1 bolt action rifles.

Yeah, Asia. Funny that. Singapore! AOL!!

And now you're just showing your stupidity and lack of understanding of the
English language, they weren't wars were they? They were part of WW2!

Do you practice at being stupid or does it come naturally?

Ah, a perfect example of pommie spinelessness and cowardice.

Old May 3rd 06, 06:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.astronomy

On Tue, 02 May 2006 10:57:42 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

Art Deco wrote:
Really? So why is an American posting about an American car in a United
Kingdom biased newsgroup?

If it wasn't for us, you people would now be discussing car
maintenance in German.

And if it wasn't for us you'd be doing the same in Japanese...

You wish, limeyboi. Who nuked the **** out of the Japs?

Old May 3rd 06, 06:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.astronomy

On Tue, 2 May 2006 13:38:00 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Art Deco
says...

If it wasn't for us, you people would now be discussing car
maintenance in German.

So would you.

Vorsprung durch Technik, thicko.

Old May 3rd 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.astronomy

On Tue, 2 May 2006 13:49:02 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Art Deco
says...

If it wasn't for us, you people would now be discussing car
maintenance in German.

ROFLMAO. You only came into the war after we'd done all the hard work.

Hard work? LOL You lazy assholes don't know the meaning of the
term. As we used to say back then, "Underworked, Underfed and Under
Eisenhower".

Talking of wars, isn't it strange how every one you have fought on your
own you have lost apart from Grenada? Makes me laugh.

That's because you're thick and have no understanding of history.

In 1982 our
forces travelled 10,000's of miles to the other end of the globe and
kicked the **** out of a foreign invader who was technologically equal
and only 300 miles from home in little over 2 months despite having
less than 1/3 of the troops.

Argentina is a Third World country, idiot. Hardly a fair contest.

You couldn't manage it in a country
technologically in the stone age with several hundred thousand troops
and you even spent a decade trying.

That was a political decision. One nuke would have sorted it out
instantly.

Come to think of it, even with the one you currently have help in,
you're getting your arses kicked far worse than we are.

Again, you confirm that you have little understanding of the realities
of warfare.

In fact, I can't recall the last war Britian lost however every time
the US Forces set foot in Asia, they get their arses kicked by farmers
with WW1 bolt action rifles.

See above, thicko.

Old May 3rd 06, 06:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.astronomy

On 2 May 2006 14:54:30 -0700, "Partac"
wrote:

It's not as simple as that. If we hadn't held out for the two years
before you finally turned up you wouldn't have had any territory in
Europe to base yourself from. Remember, Germany was a gnat's cock away
from developing ICBM's that could rain down on your Eastern Seaboard
(Von Braun, etc.) They were already successfully firing their V2's at
the U.K..

Had they tried to do that, Berlin would have been the next Hiroshima.
End of.

By the way, I think the Russians might have played a "minor"
part in Hitler's downfall.

By dying in vast numbers? LOL

Old May 3rd 06, 06:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.astronomy

Art Deco wrote:
Really? So why is an American posting about an American car in a United
Kingdom biased newsgroup?

If it wasn't for us, you people would now be discussing car
maintenance in German.

And if it wasn't for us you'd be doing the same in Japanese...

You wish, limeyboi. Who nuked the **** out of the Japs?

The Jewish scientists, wasn't it?

Double-A