Has anyone checked to see if Deuterium is really stable at 2.7 Kelvin or below??

Old September 20th 03, 03:08 PM

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
I can't see why you are saying that an
unstable Deuterium atom is not a marker of a hot big bang.

Read again. I said it _is_ a (surrogate) marker of a superhot Big Bang.
The existance of deuterium is one of the strongest indicators of the BB.
oc

How about this Idea

Matter, deuterium, can absorb Energy, photons at the speed of gravity,
53100km per second.
But can only re-release that absorbed energy back out at 300000 km per
second, creating an artificial sub 2.7 K environment.

H-bomb

Old September 20th 03, 04:09 PM
Bill Sheppard

How about this Idea

Matter, deuterium, can absorb Energy,
photons at the speed of gravity,
53100km per second.

Huh?? Here's a good, concise little read for you-
http://astron.berkeley.edu/~mwhite/d...bndetails.html

And how in the world did you deduce the "speed of gravity"? The figure
you cite is less than a third the speed of light. The general belief is
that gravity "propogates" at the speed of light. And that's under the
void-space premise (but we won't go there `chuckle`). oc

Old September 20th 03, 05:11 PM

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
How about this Idea

Matter, deuterium, can absorb Energy,
photons at the speed of gravity,
53100km per second.

Huh?? Here's a good, concise little read for you-
http://astron.berkeley.edu/~mwhite/d...bndetails.html

And how in the world did you deduce the "speed of gravity"? The figure
you cite is less than a third the speed of light. The general belief is
that gravity "propogates" at the speed of light. And that's under the
void-space premise (but we won't go there `chuckle`). oc

Sorry Typo 531000 km per second

Old September 20th 03, 05:34 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message ,
writes

wrote in message

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
How about this Idea

Matter, deuterium, can absorb Energy,
photons at the speed of gravity,
53100km per second.

Huh?? Here's a good, concise little read for you-
http://astron.berkeley.edu/~mwhite/d...bndetails.html

And how in the world did you deduce the "speed of gravity"? The figure
you cite is less than a third the speed of light. The general belief is
that gravity "propogates" at the speed of light. And that's under the
void-space premise (but we won't go there `chuckle`). oc

Sorry Typo 531000 km per second

sqrt(C * C * pi)

It's still wrong, in fact it's "not even wrong". I'll leave why as an
exercise for the student, as they say.
--
"Forty millions of miles it was from us, more than forty millions of miles of
void"