Pseudonyms, deceit and dirty tricks.

Old February 24th 09, 01:07 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

Default Pseudonyms, deceit and dirty tricks.

Deirdre Sholto Douglas E mail address is This is an
Argonne National Laboratory E-mail address. The E-mail given in the
thread is

I don't think we have the same person. I checked though the profile of
this "bint Al-kalb" I find she is interested in Gaelic culture,
politics and military matters. No interest whatsoever in biochemistry.
Ian, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt wrt to
physics, but it's quite clear you're an absolute _dolt_ in the
area of microbiology. * You obviously know nothing about e-
donors, acceptors or shuttles and even less about bacterial
metabolism or proteomics.

Do yourself a flavor and shut up before you truly remove all
doubt as to your recto-cranial inversion.

This was clearly NOT written by a biochemist. I came to the conclusion
that it had been written using the Honeywell Buzzword Generator.
Examination of E-mail addresses proves this. To me the most serious
thing is the fact that the "beni Al-kalb" are now in the business of
stealing identities. The fact that this admittedly crude biochemical
reference was made indicates to me that the real Deirdre had been
Googled. This to me is totally despicable.

Is the poster a woman? I would rather doubt it for this reason. Women,
and this includes teenage girls, do not on the whole tell dirty jokes.
"Recto cranial inversion" was clearly written by a man therefore. If
you are talking about a technical subject like biochemistry you cannot
tell sex.

The work she is doing in fact depends on Synchrotron Radiation. It is
about the structure of biological organisms. Only a synchrotron can
produce a bright source of soft X rays. The Argonne National
Laboratory has got such a facility. The work the "real" person is
doing is not remotely military. It is simply using "big science"
facilities.

I am posting this in sci.physics.relativity for the following reason.
A number of people are posting against the theory. I think this
example shows that a few people richly endowed with pseudonyms can
appear a very much larger group. I feel that Google should go deeper
into this question of pseudonyms. At one level you get ukastronomy who
does in fact sign his postings with his real name. Someone else could
represent ukastronomy in the future. You have Philip-Helbig-remove
CLOTHES to reply. I am not sure though that Philip would wish for a
reply from Deirdre (see above). This is fun, where there is an intent
to deceive firm action should be taken.
Old February 24th 09, 01:19 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sci...25f4a31?hl=en#

I should have given you all the address of the thread.

- Ian Parker
Old February 24th 09, 03:43 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Ian Parker wrote:
:
eirdre Sholto Douglas E mail address is This is an
:Argonne National Laboratory E-mail address. The E-mail given in the
:thread is

:I don't think we have the same person.
:

Professionals typically don't post using their work email addresses,
Ian. You'd know this is you had even a single clue in your
possession.

Hint: I don't work for Google, but my email address I give when
posting is through GMail.

:
:I checked though the profile of
:this "bint Al-kalb" I find she is interested in Gaelic culture,
olitics and military matters. No interest whatsoever in biochemistry.
:

What 'profile' would that be, Ian? What does mine say? Where are you
looking?

: Ian, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt wrt to
: physics, but it's quite clear you're an absolute _dolt_ in the
: area of microbiology. * You obviously know nothing about e-
: donors, acceptors or shuttles and even less about bacterial
: metabolism or proteomics.
:
: Do yourself a flavor and shut up before you truly remove all
: doubt as to your recto-cranial inversion.
:
:This was clearly NOT written by a biochemist.
:

Clearly not, since Deirdre is a biologist.

:
:I came to the conclusion
:that it had been written using the Honeywell Buzzword Generator.
:

Of course you did, but then you come to all sorts of moronic
conclusions.

:
:Examination of E-mail addresses proves this.
:

How's that again? I'm not posting using my work email address either.
Is such a simple concept so totally beyond your limited intellect?

:
:To me the most serious
:thing is the fact that the "beni Al-kalb" are now in the business of
:stealing identities.
:

You know about slander laws, right, Ian?

:
:The fact that this admittedly crude biochemical
:reference was made indicates to me that the real Deirdre had been
:Googled. This to me is totally despicable.
:

Uh, you obviously don't know what 'Googled' means (either). Got
nothing to do with identity theft.

:
:Is the poster a woman? I would rather doubt it for this reason. Women,
:and this includes teenage girls, do not on the whole tell dirty jokes.
:

Have you ever known any women, Ian? It doesn't sound like it.

:
:"Recto cranial inversion" was clearly written by a man therefore.
:

What a preposterous assertion!

:
:If
:you are talking about a technical subject like biochemistry you cannot
:tell sex.
:

And apparently you don't know the first thing about the subject. I'm
revising my estimate of your mental age downward by quite a bit at
this point. Something pre-Junior High School, I think.

:
:The work she is doing in fact depends on Synchrotron Radiation. It is
:about the structure of biological organisms. Only a synchrotron can
roduce a bright source of soft X rays. The Argonne National
:Laboratory has got such a facility. The work the "real" person is
:doing is not remotely military. It is simply using "big science"
:facilities.
:

You have a point here somewhere?

:
:I am posting this in sci.physics.relativity for the following reason.
:

Uh, no, you aren't.

:
:A number of people are posting against the theory. I think this
:example shows that a few people richly endowed with pseudonyms can
:appear a very much larger group. I feel that Google should go deeper
:into this question of pseudonyms. At one level you get ukastronomy who
:does in fact sign his postings with his real name. Someone else could
:represent ukastronomy in the future. You have Philip-Helbig-remove
:CLOTHES to reply. I am not sure though that Philip would wish for a
:reply from Deirdre (see above). This is fun, where there is an intent
:to deceive firm action should be taken.
:

The first thing they should do is get the lunatics and mental
defectives off Usenet. That's you, Ian.

Hint: Google doesn't own Usenet and lots of us don't post through it.

Hint: There is no authority to take "firm action" against someone,
other than the ISP they post through. Should we contact BT in London
about you?

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old February 24th 09, 04:05 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

Ian Parker wrote:

Deirdre Sholto Douglas E mail address is This is an
Argonne National Laboratory E-mail address. The E-mail given in the
thread is

Heaven forfend! I have a professional and personal life...
who'd thunk it?

I don't think we have the same person. I checked though the profile of
this "bint Al-kalb" I find she is interested in Gaelic culture,

"Gaelic" culture? Um...no, lackwit, I'm not. I'm a lowlander
and don't much care about the Gaels.

politics and military matters.

You don't grasp the concept of "crosspost", do you?

No interest whatsoever in biochemistry.

I guess that would be because if I want to discuss Real Science
I have multiple buildings of Real Scientists to discuss it with and
don't have to rely on USENET.

Do yourself a flavor and shut up before you truly remove all
doubt as to your recto-cranial inversion.

Is the poster a woman? I would rather doubt it for this reason. Women,
and this includes teenage girls, do not on the whole tell dirty jokes.

Uh-oh...Ian, dear, too much information. We really didn't
need to know you're still a virgin. It's clear you don't
know many women and I hope you stay away from teen-
aged girls...you do know what the term "jailbait" refers
to, do you not?

The work she is doing in fact depends on Synchrotron Radiation. It is
about the structure of biological organisms. Only a synchrotron can
produce a bright source of soft X rays. The Argonne National
Laboratory has got such a facility. The work the "real" person is
doing is not remotely military. It is simply using "big science"
facilities.

Duh.

Have you a point besides the one on your head?

I am posting this in sci.physics.relativity

No, you're not, but that's okay, Ian...we don't have high expec-
tations for your capabilities anyway.

So, where's that abstract of your most recent publication?

Deirdre
Old February 24th 09, 04:23 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
dlzc

On Feb 24, 5:07*am, Ian Parker wrote:
A number of people are posting against the theory.

*What* theory? That you feel you are being picked on by a single
person with multiple nyms?

I think this example shows that a few people richly
endowed with pseudonyms can appear a very much
larger group. I feel that Google should go deeper
into this question of pseudonyms

This is fun, where there is an intent to deceive firm action
should be taken.

You are deceiving everyone that you are conscious when you post,
apparently. You make reference to a theory, yet you spend the entire
post talking about one responder.

If you've got something to say, stick to the point. How incensed you
are about a half dozen other things does not matter on any of the
newsgroups you have regurgitated onto.

David A. Smith
Old February 24th 09, 05:42 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

On 24 Feb, 15:23, dlzc wrote:
On Feb 24, 5:07*am, Ian Parker wrote:

A number of people are posting against the theory.

*What* theory? *That you feel you are being picked on by a single
person with multiple nyms?

I think this example shows that a few people richly
endowed with pseudonyms can appear a very much
larger group. I feel that Google should go deeper
into this question of pseudonyms

This is fun, where there is an intent to deceive firm action
should be taken.

You are deceiving everyone that you are conscious when you post,
apparently. *You make reference to a theory, yet you spend the entire
post talking about one responder.

If you've got something to say, stick to the point. *How incensed you
are about a half dozen other things does not matter on any of the
newsgroups you have regurgitated onto.

Well for a start the Einstein Hoax posters are very much of this type.
I think there is a real point. Fred is attemting to stifle all
discussion in sci.space.policy. I think he has been largely successful
in this. The problem is that his ugly mug emerges in other groups too.

Am I making too much of a fuss about one individual. I do not think
so. He has started his infestation elsewhere. I believe that all
unmoderated groups are at potential risk.

What happenned and what has escalated is that I am a bit of an
enthusiast about AI. Fred says that AI is totally insane quite
forgeting that the Pentagon is deeply involved in AI too.

What in fact triggered this latest round of vituperation is that there
was a thread intoduced by Martha Adams on the future of human
spaceflight. I posted saying (and giving references) that any view of
the future had to take into account what people like Kurtzweil was
saying. Fred accused me of being insane.

Problem was that a few days later came an announcement that NASA had
in fact signed up to the "Singularity University" and that the brass
of NASA were saying that new technology was needed if NASA was to
achieve its goals.

One would have thought this would have shut him up but no. Deirdre
then started up and sallied forth. Saying I was arrogant, how nice to
be always right etc. etc. Consistently refusing to discuss any real
issues.

Fred and sidekick are NOT just two posters. They are pasrt of a
concerted disinformation campaign. This campaign includes the Einstein
Hoax. They are both out on a limb. In this latest thread they are BOTH
guilty of identity theft. They are in short professional disinformers.

This is something that threatens ALL unmoderated groups. I sometimes
feel that the days of the completely unmoderated group may be drawing
to a close.

This identity theft is a serious matter. I am going to write to the
REAL Deirdre telling her of the situation.

- Ian Parker
Old February 24th 09, 05:53 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

Ian Parker wrote:

On 24 Feb, 15:23, dlzc wrote:

This identity theft is a serious matter. I am going to write to the
REAL Deirdre telling her of the situation.

I can hardly wait.

Deirdre
Old February 24th 09, 07:13 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

Default Possible identity theft

Happy, now?

By the way, how you can look at that website and come up
with "extracting" uranium is beyond me. The point of the
exercise is to microbially reduce and immobilise soluble U(VI)
to insoluble U(IV). Bioremediation of radionuclides, Ian...not
mining.

Deirdre

---------------------------------

Ian,*

I thank you for your concern wrt to identity theft...I assure
you my identity has not been stolen. *To that*end, I will be*
happy to repost this email..both your original missive and*
my reply...on the thread*in question from*my personal email*
account in order to allay your concerns.

While I appreciate your interest in me, I would like to*state*
that I draw a line between my*USENET postings*and my*
professional life...I would be grateful if, in future,*you make*
an effort not to cross it again. *

Thank you.

Deirdre Sholto-Douglas
Molecular Environmental Science Group
Biosciences Division
Argonne National Laboratory

On Feb 24, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Ian Parker wrote:
I am writing to you about a possible case of identity theft.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sci...536dc510ffc4c0

I would first of all like to ask you whether you are the Deirdre
Sholto Douglas who is posing in this thread. I do not believe for
one moment that you are. I think you ought to know though that
your name is being used in this way. What action you take is,
of course, up to you. I think though your good name should be
important to you.

I feel too I should tell you where I am coming from. I am a retired
mathematician with a strong interest in Artificial Intelligence. I
have always felt that the future of the space program lies in
unmanned exploration and in improving the quality of AI. This
was howled down by various people in sci.space.policy. As well
as attacking my theories they made a lot of personal remarks
about me.

Recently NASA has in fact endorsed this position. NASA (along
with Google) has teamed up with Kurtzwel in the shape of the
"Singularity University". This in fact offers a whole range of
technologies, focussed on AI, but also including such things as
nanotech.

I have looked at your website. One thing hit me in the eye. Uranium
and its biological extraction. I would like to ask you another question
-
"What about Platinum?" Would it be possible, in your view, to extract
Platinum biologically? This is one of the things which I think the new
NASA brass are after. When the dinosaurs became extinct a layer
of Iridium was deposited and asteroids are rich (in comparison with
the Earth's crust) in platinoids.

This by the way is one of the reasons why it can't be you. You I am
sure would have mentioned the work on Uranium.
*
* - Ian Parker
Old February 24th 09, 10:21 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Ian Parker" wrote in message

STOP POSTING THIS CRAP TO SCI.SPACE.POLICY!

Old February 25th 09, 04:10 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Feb 24, 8:23*am, dlzc wrote:
On Feb 24, 5:07*am, Ian Parker wrote:

A number of people are posting against the theory.

*What* theory? *That you feel you are being picked on by a single
person with multiple nyms?

I think this example shows that a few people richly
endowed with pseudonyms can appear a very much
larger group. I feel that Google should go deeper
into this question of pseudonyms

This is fun, where there is an intent to deceive firm action
should be taken.

You are deceiving everyone that you are conscious when you post,
apparently. *You make reference to a theory, yet you spend the entire
post talking about one responder.

He wrote: "am posting this in sci.physics.relativity for the
following reason.
A number of people are posting against the theory."

He has rights to post his thoughts. You doubt so on all counts.

92 percent of the UK population voted against the Iraq war.
That number moved toward 100 percent over time, that
number is 99.9 percent currently. 0.1 percent of the population
are against control, SIEGE and racism.

I have spoken.