First Saturn V launch-in Guinness Book?

Old October 29th 04, 08:47 AM
Frank Scrooby

Hi all

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:53:48 +0200, "Frank Scrooby" wrote:

What about that explosion in that Canadian port (harbour?) during WWI (I
can't remember the name, something with a 'H'), that was supposed to be

in
the kiloton range. It erased substancial portions of the town.

...And then there was the Texas City explosion back in '47, when a
tanker full of fertilizer caught fire and blew. The force was easily
in the kiloton range.

Thanks to all who helped me on 'Halifax'.

I wasn't aware that there had been so many other subsequent other large
conventional unintentional explosions. The way people seem to be handling
this stuff it seems amazing that any of us survived the 20th century at all
;-) .

Anyway we still have no clear conclussion on whether Halifax or any of the
subsequent abrupt expansion of hopeless far-too-energetic-compounds outranks
either the Saturn V or the N-1.

Who do we consult?

Is there a Guiness judge in the House?

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

Like I said before I'd rather see (and hear) Saturns (or their 21st century
makeovers) rising into the sky.

Just watching film footage is awesome enough. The real thing, even from the
viewing areas (let alone minimum safe distance) must have been MIND BLOWING
(not to mention hard on the ear-drums).

Regards
Frank
(slightly p@#$ed off that I missed the 60s - just slightly though)

Old October 29th 04, 11:05 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Frank Scrooby" wrote in message

Is there a Guiness judge in the House?

Yes. I judge that I'll need more Guiness.

Old October 29th 04, 11:56 AM
Pat Flannery

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

Yes. I judge that I'll need more Guiness.

By God, son...now that's the bulldog breed! :-)

Pat

Old October 29th 04, 01:59 PM
OM

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:47:28 +0200, "Frank Scrooby" wrote:

Is there a Guiness judge in the House?

....Well, I judged Guiness as being equivalent to roofing tar years
ago. Does that count?

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old October 30th 04, 03:42 AM
Neil Gerace

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:47:28 +0200, "Frank Scrooby" wrote:

Is there a Guiness judge in the House?

...Well, I judged Guiness as being equivalent to roofing tar years
ago. Does that count?

Guinness isn't a drink, it's an ecosystem.

Old October 30th 04, 04:07 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Neil Gerace" wrote in message
"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org

wrote
in message ...
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:47:28 +0200, "Frank Scrooby" wrote:

Is there a Guiness judge in the House?

...Well, I judged Guiness as being equivalent to roofing tar years
ago. Does that count?

Guinness isn't a drink, it's an ecosystem.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but did discover I liked Guinness. But not
the aftertaste.

So, basically that meant as long as I was guzzling, I was fine. Not a good
thing. ":-)

Old October 30th 04, 06:21 AM
OM

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:42:12 +0800, "Neil Gerace"
wrote:

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:47:28 +0200, "Frank Scrooby" wrote:

Is there a Guiness judge in the House?

...Well, I judged Guiness as being equivalent to roofing tar years
ago. Does that count?

Guinness isn't a drink, it's an ecosystem.

....Actually, there's evidence that Guiness is nothing more than some
Limey's way of recycling Blancmanges that were killed off by dungeon
delvers :-)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old October 30th 04, 01:54 PM
Dale

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:21:34 -0500, OM

wrote:

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:47:28 +0200, "Frank Scrooby" wrote:

Is there a Guiness judge in the House?

...Well, I judged Guiness as being equivalent to roofing tar years
ago. Does that count?

Guinness isn't a drink, it's an ecosystem.

...Actually, there's evidence that Guiness is nothing more than some
Limey's way of recycling Blancmanges that were killed off by dungeon
delvers :-)

Try it over waffles in the morning (with plenty of butter, of course).
Great way to jump start your day.

Dale

It's also a good wood sealer, but you can't sand it for a week...
Old October 30th 04, 07:41 PM
Pat Flannery

Dale wrote:

Try it over waffles in the morning (with plenty of butter, of course).
Great way to jump start your day.

Dale

It's also a good wood sealer, but you can't sand it for a week...

I have now officially heard everything. :-)

Pat

Old October 30th 04, 09:49 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
The N-1 generated more thrust than the Saturn V (5,130,000 kgf vs.
3,946,624 kgf) so it was probably louder also.

ISTR reading in Reader's Digest that the Saturn V put out 180 million
horsepower, of which 2 million was in the form of sound.