Large SRB test site in Florida

Old December 3rd 12, 03:58 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default Large SRB test site in Florida

On Dec 3, 9:22*am, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

bob haller wrote:

Our government wouldnt spend big bucks preping for unlikely events
like........

http://www.aol.com/video/colorado-mo...doomsday-centr....

You do understand why the Cheyenne Mountain facility was built, don't
you? *It was NOT because of concern about terrorists....

I guess Bob has forgotten about the Cold War completely. *Not surprising
as his mind seems to ignore real threats, like an ICBM with a nuclear
warhead on top. *Instead, he concentrates on obscure corner cases which
are vanishingly unlikely to happen, like a dirty bomb made from
radioactive Chernobyl debris dug up from imaginary nuclear graveyards.

Jeff

the last time I looked the gal who put that site up pointed out a
graveyard where the debris were buried and said too hot to visit even
for family who had people buried there....

other places had radiation detectors with screens showing the
count....

I will look around that site for the page, the site is very
large.......

do note on cheyenne mountain the same infrastructure that was designed
to protect during the cold war was used for 9 11.....
Old December 3rd 12, 06:42 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article 58652763-c16b-4aea-8657-
, says...

bob haller wrote:

Our government wouldnt spend big bucks preping for unlikely events
like........

http://www.aol.com/video/colorado-mo...doomsday-centr...

You do understand why the Cheyenne Mountain facility was built, don't
you? *It was NOT because of concern about terrorists....

I guess Bob has forgotten about the Cold War completely. *Not surprising
as his mind seems to ignore real threats, like an ICBM with a nuclear
warhead on top. *Instead, he concentrates on obscure corner cases which
are vanishingly unlikely to happen, like a dirty bomb made from
radioactive Chernobyl debris dug up from imaginary nuclear graveyards.

the last time I looked the gal who put that site up pointed out a
graveyard where the debris were buried and said too hot to visit even
for family who had people buried there....

That's a graveyard of dead people, not of nuclear waste!

If graphics were allowed, you'd see the image of the Star Trek Double
Face Palm demotivational poster here (Google it, if you care).

You made it sound like someone gathered up all of the really hot bits of
radioactive waste and put it all in one spot, ripe for the picking. As
usual, your original assertion is far from the truth...

other places had radiation detectors with screens showing the
count....

I will look around that site for the page, the site is very
large.......

I've looked at the same sites. None of that amounts to well marked
"graveyards" of radioactive material suitable for use in a dirty bomb.

do note on cheyenne mountain the same infrastructure that was designed
to protect during the cold war was used for 9 11.....

Sure, because it was there. That does not *necessarily* mean we'd build
Cheyenne Mountain, since the threats we are likely to face tomorrow
aren't the same as the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

I'd like to note that I don't really enjoy blowing huge gaping holes in
your "arguments", but it would be a crying shame if someone stumbled
upon your posts and actually thought they were based in reality.

Jeff
Old December 3rd 12, 07:47 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dean

On Monday, December 3, 2012 8:58:26 AM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

I believe we would have car bombs detonating all over our country and

at least some dirty bombs *if not full fledged nukes....

I believe if they could do that they would already be doing it.

Car bombs and people bombs are pretty simple things. obviously they

know how to do it in many places......

so you feel secure snce it hasnt happened yet?

9 11 should of shown every thinking person that just because it hasnt

happened yet, you shouldnt relax.......

Jesus, Bob. I bet you never venture out of your basement do you? There's no such thing as absolute security. According to your thinking, we should all not do anything because we "MIGHT" be killed. We guess what? No one lives forever. I suspect your chances of getting killed in an auto accident are much greater than in a terrorist incident.
Old December 4th 12, 12:25 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

On Dec 3, 2:48*pm, Dean wrote:
On Monday, December 3, 2012 9:18:22 AM UTC-5, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article 842b5d23-e28d-428f-8983-5b0d9c49fbc7

@y6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

parts of the chernobyl core that exploded and burned are buried in

well marked graveyards.

Cite?

I've looked at the same websites you have which show people exploring

the "hot zones" around Chernobyl. *I don't recall any "well marked

graveyards" full of concentrated radioactive material, and I'm pretty

sure such a thing would have made a strong impression if I had seen such

pictures.

Unless you can provide evidence this actually happened, this assertion

is just a fantasy you've invented in your clearly paranoid delusional

mind.

Jeff

And the Chernobyl core did not explode.

the reactor exploded, parts of the core were spread for a large area
Old December 4th 12, 12:39 AM posted to sci.space.history
Dean

On Monday, December 3, 2012 7:25:51 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
On Dec 3, 2:48*pm, Dean wrote:

[...]

That's not what you originally said. The core did not explode.
Old December 4th 12, 01:07 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

On Dec 3, 2:48*pm, Dean wrote:

[...]

some 10% of the core was ejected by the explosion

heres a photo of one of the radiation meters showing how hot this area
happens to be

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chernobyl...chapter22.html
Old December 4th 12, 01:10 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

On Dec 3, 2:48*pm, Dean wrote:

[...]

a statement mentioning the cemetary

There are many places that not structurally safe, or have collected
pockets of intense radiation. There are places where no one dares to
go, not even scientists with protective gear. One such place is the
Red Wood forest and another is the Ghost Town Cemetary. The relatives
of the people who are buried there can not visit, because in addition
to people, much of the radioctive graphite nuclear core is buried
there. It is one of the most toxic places on earth.

Old December 4th 12, 01:12 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chernobyl...chapter11.html
Old December 4th 12, 12:47 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

On Dec 3, 10:33*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

a statement mentioning the cemetary

There are many places that not structurally safe, or have collected
pockets of intense radiation. There are places where no one dares to
go, not even scientists with protective gear. One such place is the
Red Wood forest and another is the Ghost Town Cemetary. The relatives
of the people who are buried there can not visit, because in addition
to people, much of the radioctive graphite nuclear core is buried
there. It is one of the most toxic places on earth.

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chernobyl...chapter11.html

She was a fraud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Filatova

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
*soul with evil."

wether or not she biked all thru the area all by herself, does not
change the content of whats happened there or how it looks
currently....

plus her website has been up a long time, but only recently did they
begin tourist visits..

and just for curosity she took her bike with her on the tour bus? how
strange......

and on 9 11 the president was flown around using airliiners originally
designed to protect the president during the cold war. COG was geared
up, and congress reps plus the president moved to safe places
nationwide. as far as anyone knew 9 11 was the start of a major attack
on the US...