"The Future of Human Spaceflight"

Old January 17th 09, 08:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Quadibloc

Default "The Future of Human Spaceflight"

On Jan 17, 5:17*am, Ian Parker wrote:

Look you and Rand are the ones with delusions. Delusions about low
cost to LEO. You must surely know that the Pentagon has exhausttively
investigated this.

Is this yet again another example of disinformation?

Actually, there was this German guy who proved that low cost to LEO is
possible - but who then ran afoul of a change in the status of his
Libyan customers. But the Pentagon is exactly what is preventing it.
If rockets were mass produced, and therefore cheap, it wouldn't just
be the residents of southern Israel who would keep having rockets
launched at them by terrorists.

John Savard
Old January 17th 09, 09:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Reset of the Artificial Stupidity System (A.S.S.) known locally as
'Ian Parker' noted.

Ian Parker wrote:
:
:Look you and Rand are the ones with delusions.
:

Sorry, but no. I can't speak for Rand, but I can for me.

:
elusions about low cost to LEO.
:

Excuse me, but please point to any statements on my part that support
whatever 'delusion' you think there is.

Hint: Everyone pretty much knows that costs correlate strongly with
flight rates. This is why airlines work and why space flight
currently doesn't.

:
:You must surely know that the Pentagon has exhausttively
:investigated this.
:

Really? Where is this Pentagon research into LOW COST launches to
LEO?

:
:Is this yet again another example of disinformation?
:

I'm still waiting for your FIRST "example of disinformation", much
less "another" one.

Once again Ian has put forward his delusions and is now acting as if
they are proven facts.

This is why people treat you as a paranoid loon, Ian.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old January 18th 09, 11:48 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

On 17 Jan, 20:16, Quadibloc wrote:
On Jan 17, 5:17*am, Ian Parker wrote:

Look you and Rand are the ones with delusions. Delusions about low
cost to LEO. You must surely know that the Pentagon has exhausttively
investigated this.
Is this yet again another example of disinformation?

Actually, there was this German guy who proved that low cost to LEO is
possible - but who then ran afoul of a change in the status of his
Libyan customers. But the Pentagon is exactly what is preventing it.
If rockets were mass produced, and therefore cheap, it wouldn't just
be the residents of southern Israel who would keep having rockets
launched at them by terrorists.

It would seem then that the World political situation has to be solved
before low cost spaceflight becomes possible. If that is right. I am
not at all sure you are. The Pentagon is going hell bent for unmanned
aircraft. If you go to a local hilltop you will see enthusiasts flying
model aircraft. It has always been possible to build an aircraft with
a 50Kg payload fairly cheaply. All you need to power it is a small
motorcycle engine. Motorbikes you can buy over the counter are
extremly capable in terms of their engine power. A 250cc will do well
over 160km/h. Control systems are again reasonably available.

Aircraft have always been within the reach of organizations like Hamas
and Hezbullah. You can make an airframe with basic workshop tools.

If you were to mass produce expendible rockets I will accept that you
would have to be careful that they did not fall into the "wrong
hands". Actually rockets would require a fairly large factory to
produce them. They could then be guarded on their way from manufacture
to lauch site. As they would be expendible they would be manufactured
(just in time).

AI that the Pentagon is hell bent on seems to me infinitely more
dangerous. As I have said a helicopter will go into an Eid stocking.
Sophisicated software to recognize targets, land on window sill etc
etc. need only be downloaded once.

- Ian Parker
Old January 26th 09, 02:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Ian Parker wrote:

:On 15 Jan, 14:05, Quadibloc wrote:
: On Jan 15, 4:19*am, Ian Parker wrote:
:
: 1) We do not treat each other with respect. I have been to scientific
: conferences and language like we have seen would be off limits. There
: is the real issue of new ideas.
:
: At scientific conferences, unlike on USENET,
:
: a) contentious political issues aren't discussed, and
:
:
:The political discussion as far as I am concerned stem from the
:insistance of people like Fred and Rand that I should take advice from
:"experts". Just look where their so called "experts" have got us.
:

Ian, you stupid clot, YOU are the one who keeps dragging in politics,
which has nothing to do with people advising you that perhaps you
ought to listen to people who actually know something about the things
you hallucinate so freely on.

:
: b) not just anyone can wander in off the street.
:
:I don't know.
:

Yes, we KNOW you don't know. And that statement seems to be true for
any selected area of knowledge.

:
:I think the military is systematically trained in
:disinformation techniques.
:

You "think" all sorts of silly ****. It's why pretty much everyone
says you're a loon. No conspiracy required.

:
:I think you too when you talk about Venus
:are ducking the essential issue. The term "beni Al-kalb" carries with
:it a number of implications. The disinformation techniques we see here
:have been used on innumerable occaisions, most notably Iraq. The
:greatest offense against science though has been the little green
:mannikins of Phoenix fame.
:

I'm still waiting for an actual citation to support the preceding
silly remark.

:
:I cannot tell whether Fred believes in LGM or not. He rubbishes in
:equal measure the believers and disbelievers.
:

You can't tell what Fred believes about pretty much anything, Ian,
since you steadfastly refuse to actually read what people write.

snip

:
: Of course, Brad Guth isn't the only person we're less than polite to,
: it may be.
:
:All new ideas are not. I was talking not about Venus or anything like
:that but about LISA, robotics, Von Neumann technology and fragmented
:telescopes. You have absolutely ducked the issue.
:

And you're just as loony about those as the Guthball is about Venus.

:
:I am snipping your comments on the Middle East. I do not entirely
:agree, but it is off topic. Not completely.
:

Yes, completely.

snip

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old January 26th 09, 11:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

On 26 Jan, 02:27, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Ian Parker wrote:

[...]

You have already shown in your attitude to the singualrity just how
ignorant you really are. A quick Google would reveal all this.

People do not like being called lunatics. I feel sometimes like
behaving like a REAL lunatic. You know I think what that means.

Politically I do feel that the mess in Iraq is due to people like you.
Rest of your crap snipped.

- Ian Parker
Old January 26th 09, 03:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Ian Parker wrote:
:
:You have already shown in your attitude to the singualrity just how
:ignorant you really are. A quick Google would reveal all this.
:

Poor Ian. Anyone who doesn't share his delusions is "ignorant".

:
:People do not like being called lunatics. I feel sometimes like
:behaving like a REAL lunatic. You know I think what that means.
:

Knock yourself out. I seriously doubt we're going to notice any
difference.

:
:Politically I do feel that the mess in Iraq is due to people like you.
:

Of course you do. But what you 'feel' isn't in precise 1:1 accord
with our current reality, Ian, which is why everyone thinks you're a
loon.

:
:Rest of your crap snipped.
:

Get your meds adjusted, son...

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old January 26th 09, 04:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

On 26 Jan, 15:27, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Ian Parker wrote:

:
[...]

Have you read the references.I don't believe you have. You can't have.
I just can't uderstand you. You have obviously had the Al-kalb
training. You persist in slandering people. Facts are totally
irrelevant.

- Ian Parker
Old January 26th 09, 04:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

BTW - Lets get Google adjusted before you start on my meds.

- Ian Parker
Old January 26th 09, 04:19 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Ian Parker wrote:

:On 26 Jan, 15:27, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Ian Parker wrote:
:
: :
[...]
: --
: "Ordinarily he is insane. But he has lucid moments when he is
: *only stupid."
: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine
:
:Have you read the references.I don't believe you have. You can't have.
:

I really don't much are what you can and cannot 'believe', Ian.

:
:I just can't uderstand you.
:

That's presumably because I'm sane and you, well, you're Ian.

:
:You have obviously had the Al-kalb training.
:

And so we see how Ian reinforces his delusions by calling upon his
other delusions and using them as 'evidence'.

:
:You persist in slandering people.
:

No, I persist in calling a loon a loon. It's not the same thing.

:
:Facts are totally irrelevant.
:

Yes, we've noticed that that is your attitude toward reality...

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old January 26th 09, 04:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Ian Parker wrote:
:
:BTW - Lets get Google adjusted before you start on my meds.
:

Why? Google is irrelevant to both space and this newsgroup.

-- Thomas Jefferson