The power of Riedt's constant Y = 5022635

Old January 19th 18, 01:32 AM posted to sci.astro
Peter Riedt

Default The power of Riedt's constant Y = 5022635

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 4:00:35 AM UTC+8, Libor 'Poutnik' StÅ™Ã*ž wrote:
Dne 18/01/2018 v 11:55 Peter Riedt napsal(a):
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 2:33:29 PM UTC+8, Libor 'Poutnik' StÅ™Ã*ž wrote:

[km] = [s/year /(2pi)] * [km/s] * [year]

Your constant is an ordinary proportional constant
of relation of a circle radius in km,
the mean speed in km/s and the period in years.

If linearized, it is an indeed "powerful" formula

length = mean_speed * time

For an ellipse, it is not exact.

As it incorrectly supposes that
for the given period and semi major axis "a"
the orbit has the same mean speed
as a circular orbit would have, what is not true.

The various elliptical orbits with the same semi major axis
have the same period. But their mean speed nor the perigee speed
nor the apogee speed are NOT the same.

As the ellipse circumference is less than 2.pi.a.

But even this is not new for you,
as this was discussed with you before
ad nausea several times.

Your comments are valid but irrelevant. What is relevant is Y allows to predict accurately missing elements of orbits of solar objects.

No, it does not.
It fits only if you deliberately choose a particular speed value.

--
Poutnik ( The Pilgrim, Der Wanderer )

A wise man guards words he says,
as they say about him more,
than he says about the subject.

All 9 major planets have a particular speed value which I used. If my vm values are wrong give me your's.
Old January 19th 18, 07:46 AM posted to sci.astro
Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž

Dne 19/01/2018 v 01:32 Peter Riedt napsal(a):
On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 4:00:35 AM UTC+8, Libor 'Poutnik' StÅ™Ã*ž wrote:

No, it does not.
It fits only if you deliberately choose a particular speed value.

All 9 major planets have a particular speed value which I used. If my vm values are wrong give me your's.

At a particular point on their orbits, yes.
What point have you chosen and why ?

As they have NO particular speed value,
their speed depends on their position on the orbit.

Aside of their immediate speed, apogee speed and perigee speed,
one can express their mean speed value,
that is given by ratio of the orbit circumference and the orbit period.

But for the given semi major axis and orbit period,
this mean speed is a function of eccentricity.

The ratio of this mean speed for the extreme cases
of e-1 and r-0 is 4/pi.

Where is this reflected in your X formula ??

The formula fits for the circular orbits only,
and only because of 2400 years old formulas
about circle circumference and v=L/t.

Old January 19th 18, 07:49 AM posted to sci.astro
Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž

Dne 19/01/2018 v 07:46 Libor 'Poutnik' StÅ™Ã*ž napsal(a):
But for the given semi major axis and orbit period,
this mean speed is a function of eccentricity.

The ratio of this mean speed for the extreme cases
of e-1 and r-0 is 4/pi.

Errata: 2/pi // ( 4.r)/(2.pi.r)

Old January 19th 18, 09:56 AM posted to sci.astro
Peter Riedt

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 2:46:28 PM UTC+8, Libor 'Poutnik' StÅ™Ã*ž wrote:
[...]

Yes but my X, Y and other constants have predictive powers.
Old January 19th 18, 09:41 PM posted to sci.astro
Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž

Dne 19/01/2018 v 09:56 Peter Riedt napsal(a):

Yes but my X, Y and other constants have predictive powers.

X ( your "eccentricity" ) predicts nothing.

For Y, it can predict one of the following values from the other two:

a circle radius
a mean speed
a period

Something that old good Archimedes could do as well.

Old January 20th 18, 08:47 AM posted to sci.astro
Peter Riedt

On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 4:41:23 AM UTC+8, Libor 'Poutnik' StÅ™Ã*ž wrote:
Dne 19/01/2018 v 09:56 Peter Riedt napsal(a):

Yes but my X, Y and other constants have predictive powers.

X ( your "eccentricity" ) predicts nothing.

For Y, it can predict one of the following values from the other two:

a circle radius
a mean speed
a period

Something that old good Archimedes could do as well.

--
Poutnik ( The Pilgrim, Der Wanderer )

A wise man guards words he says,
as they say about him more,
than he says about the subject.

Not with Y, he wouldn't have known it.
Old January 20th 18, 11:43 AM posted to sci.astro
Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž

Dne 20/01/2018 v 08:47 Peter Riedt napsal(a):
On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 4:41:23 AM UTC+8, Libor 'Poutnik' StÅ™Ã*ž wrote:
Dne 19/01/2018 v 09:56 Peter Riedt napsal(a):

Yes but my X, Y and other constants have predictive powers.

X ( your "eccentricity" ) predicts nothing.

For Y, it can predict one of the following values from the other two:

a circle radius
a mean speed
a period

Something that old good Archimedes could do as well.

--
Poutnik ( The Pilgrim, Der Wanderer )

A wise man guards words he says,
as they say about him more,
than he says about the subject.

Not with Y, he wouldn't have known it.

He did not need to know it.
It is just a different proportional constant
because of different unit set.

If you used the units consistently
( s and m/s, not years and m/s )
it would be 1/(2.pi).