Winter in Gresham

Old January 12th 18, 01:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Default Winter in Gresham

Notroll2016 wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 3:56:18 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier
wrote:
On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 2:34:05 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Now 46F here in Gresham as of 2:30 PM on this winter's day. Wind 4
mph out of the southwest. Occasional rain showers. Humidity 89%.

I here LA has now gotten the rain they have been praying for for so
long! So much that mud slides are now destroying houses and vehicles!
Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

Double-A

Not God its gravity.Mud is heavy,and going down it takes houses with
it.Still Calif.people are crazy and will rebuild their house on stilts
again an again.I think I'm lucky living in my van.Earthquakes can't
hurt me. Now that Walmart is closed from 12 to 6 I'm looking to be a
night watchman.They pay $10.30 an hour.I'm asking for $500 a week
(cash money) See what happens.Walmart and McDonald take good care of
this old man.They tell me I'm good for business.Go figure bert

Good news! I heard this morning that Walmart is increasing their
starting pay to $11.00 per hour due to the passage of the Trump tax
bill! It's called "trickle down". But I also heard some Sam's Clubs
are closing.
A tempestuous day here in Gresham. Steady rain and gusty wind. My
umbrella was already damaged just getting here! Lucky I have some
spares at home. Temp is a balmy 53F as of 12:30 PM. Wind SW at 16 mph.
Humidity 89%.
Had a nice lunch with Kim yesterday. She wants to study languages. She
already speaks three. Portland State University gives free tuition to
seniors, so perhaps she can take advantage of that.

The restaurant I had my eye on that just closed is going to be be
occupied by an expansion of the candy store down the street, so that
opportunity is gone. Candy is a better business than liquor? I
thought liquor was quicker!

Double-A

Candy is dandy, liquor is quicker, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Wanna bet ?
If their partner comes home while you are going at it,.....and hits you in
the face with a baseball bat.
.....Your teeth are history

Old January 12th 18, 01:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Notroll2016" wrote in message news
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 12:39:43 PM UTC-8, Notroll2016 wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

Perhaps, but even the Romans in their Latin writings observed that some
kinds of sex could give you bad breath!

Double-A

***I suppose, if your partner is a real skank.

or your mother, Trollster ... a real skank with really bad breath ...

Old January 12th 18, 03:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

****Never having been with a human female, how would you know that?

Old January 12th 18, 06:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

as I said ... your mother ... figure it out, dumb-ass ...

Old January 12th 18, 10:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

Is that what happened to you?

Double-A

Old January 12th 18, 10:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A relatively nice day for January here in Gresham. A spring-like 53F as of 1:30 PM. Overcast but no rain, only a little occasional mist. Humidity 74%. Wind south at 9 mph. Tomorrow partly sunny. That means of course the return of the east wind!

Took advantage of the break in the weather to go to the SnowCap food bank this morning. They were really generous this time. Before I got on the bus to go, a whole bunch of handicapped kids got off (about 5O). When I was ready to get on the bus for the library, there were all those kids again waiting at the bus stop! Two buses were coming, 20 and 81. I usually ride 81 because it gets me a couple blocks closer. When it came, I got on first, because I thought for sure all those kids would wait and get on bus 20 which was following right behind it. Bus 20 is a bigger bus. But the bus 81 bus driver made the mistake of saying, "As many of you can get on that want to get on." So they all came piling on a bus way to small for them! I couldn't even get off at my usual stop, because to many people would have had to move to let me off just to save me a couple of blocks walking, so I rode with them to the Transit Center.

Double-A

Old January 13th 18, 01:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Nope, no one has ever cheated on me, so no need for me to use a baseball bat

Old January 13th 18, 10:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

Perhaps that bat you keep ready in the closet has been a deterrent!

Double-A

Old January 13th 18, 10:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A lovely spring-like day. The sun feels warm! East wind has been forecast, but it hasn't stirred yet here in Gresham today. Current temp as of 1:15 PM is a toasty 55F. Humidity is a Freudian 69%.

Home to get home in time to watch some football! With all the football on tomorrow, I don't know if I'll get in. And Monday is MLK Day. They take MLK seriously around here, so the library will be closed. They even have an MLK Boulevard in Portland. It takes you to the ghetto.

Double-A

Old January 14th 18, 12:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Don't be silly, no bats or anything else in my closet.
I keep my bats in my belfry.

(it helps when posting on USENET)

Fall in Gresham Hägar Misc 208 January 9th 18 11:29 PM
Summer in Gresham Double-A[_4_] Misc 165 September 30th 17 09:33 PM
Summer in Gresham hanson Misc 0 August 31st 17 02:10 AM
Sheriff's Sergeant Gets Drunk and Goes on Killing Spree in the OldM&M Restaurant and Longe in Gresham OR! (I remember it well) Double-A[_3_] Misc 0 March 18th 10 10:20 PM
145 CMa - the Winter Albireo - a colorful after-work winter double Feb-Mar canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 8 March 9th 06 04:16 PM