parallel Universes

Old November 6th 05, 10:07 AM
Bible John

Default parallel Universes

What are the ods that they exist? So if they do exist then there are 2
of me's somewhere out there?

John

--
CERM-Church Education Resource Ministries
http://johnw.freeshell.org/bible/

Old November 6th 05, 10:29 AM
Double-A

Bible John wrote:
What are the ods that they exist? So if they do exist then there are 2
of me's somewhere out there?

John

Physicist/author Brian Greene thinks so.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3077351/

But tell me, Bible John, would that mean there are parallel Gods?

Double-A

Old November 6th 05, 11:23 AM
Bill Sheppard

From Double-A:

Physicist/author Brian Greene thinks so.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3077351

Quite a bit of Elegant Adhockery here, in a mathematically convoluted
gambit to unify gravity. Seeing gravity as an "emanation from higher
dimensions", it maths out to requiring 'eleven dimensions', all curled
up beyond our resolution / perception. Hmm.
In discussing string theory, it might be worthwhile to
also address the question, "strings of What?"
oc

Old November 6th 05, 11:40 AM
Michael Baldwin Bruce

Double-Anus wrote:
Bible John wrote:
What are the ods that they exist? So if they do exist then there are 2
of me's somewhere out there?

John

Physicist/author Brian Greene thinks so.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3077351/

But tell me, Bible John, would that mean there are parallel Gods?

Double-Anus

How are your parallel colons working for you, Double-Anus?

Old November 6th 05, 12:18 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi oc I'm sure Wolter would go with the parallel universes theory. Treb
and I have no problem with this theory(we know we are here in our own
worlds) It is not only very naive thinking nature only created one
universe. Reality is nature never made one of anything. Bert

Old November 6th 05, 03:03 PM
Bill Sheppard

From Bert:

I'm sure Wolter would go with the
parallel universes theory.

Indeed, but in the sense of an infinitude of atoms in a lattice. Not as
co-occupying the same space, which seems to be the prevailing notion.
oc

Old November 6th 05, 04:12 PM
Art Deco

Charles D. Bohne wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 02:07:54 -0800, Bible John
wrote:

What are the ods that they exist?

How would you measure that from inside
of one of them?

So if they do exist then there are 2
of me's somewhere out there?

There might even be a multitude of "you"
in this one.
And in a special sense ALL living beings
are YOU.
Think: you at your present age are not the
same as you were 20,30,40 years ago, right?

but you are identical throughout all your ages.
*************************
Maybe there is just one "soul" one eternal
consciousness IN ALL LIFE-FORMS? YOU?

John

Charles

No moral outrage about the anarchy in France, Chuck? If the location
was America instead, you'd be wailing your usual anti-American
diatribes.

--
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in alt.astronomy

"The original human being was a female hermaphrodite with
both male and female genitalia."

"Human beings CAN NOT live in a solar system without a sun
with a ferrite core and a planet without a solid iron core."

-- Alexa Cameron, Kook of the Year 2004

"I am a sean being from another planet."
-- Darla aka Dr. Why aka Dr. Yubiwan aka ...
Old November 7th 05, 01:31 AM
Sjouke Burry

Bible John wrote:
What are the ods that they exist? So if they do exist then there are 2
of me's somewhere out there?

John

Dont worry,that is impossible(and at least unbearable) -)-)-)

Old November 7th 05, 03:40 PM
Hagar

wrote:

[...]

How many universes and dimensions? SuperCool Plasma Misc 15 July 3rd 05 02:26 PM
Parallel nonsense blink182chris Misc 24 March 22nd 05 05:33 PM
Multiple Universes..a sound theory? Please comment FanDome123 Misc 50 November 3rd 04 11:23 PM
Beyond Linear Cosmology and Hypnotic Theology Yoda Misc 0 June 30th 04 07:33 PM
parallel universes Sirius Black Science 3 February 11th 04 03:39 AM