Cargo launch by Space X

Old February 17th 18, 10:24 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Cargo launch by Space X

OK I will say what probably everyone is thinking right now.
I do hope he is not sending the ISS an electric sports car as well.
Hides behind sofa.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Old February 17th 18, 01:37 PM posted to sci.space.station
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article ,
says...

OK I will say what probably everyone is thinking right now.
I do hope he is not sending the ISS an electric sports car as well.
Hides behind sofa.

Very funny.

If NASA had given him a payload, any payload, to launch, we wouldn't be
having this conversation about the stupid car versus a hunk of concrete
or other mass simulator.

http://thehill.com/opinion/technolog...save-nasa-and-
the-future-of-space-exploration#.WnzajuIgpEw.twitter

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/nasa-p...-heavy-garver/

I'd trust Lori Garver on this issue. She was Deputy Administrator of
NASA. I'm sure NASA management immediately passed on the offer (with no
official paper trail) due to the politics of "heavy lift", SLS, and
Congress.

Falcon Heavy is a clear threat to SLS. Orbital assembly will be needed
for Mars missions anyway. No hardware has been designed yet, so which
launcher it flies on doesn't really matter either. Also, launching bits
in slightly smaller chunks 2x or even 3x more often on Falcon Heavy will
still be much cheaper than launching on SLS.

Jeff
Old February 17th 18, 10:21 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian-Gaff

Yes I know, and was wondering about the politics of all this.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
says...

Old February 18th 18, 04:38 AM posted to sci.space.station
William Elliot[_4_]

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018, Jeff Findley wrote:

OK I will say what probably everyone is thinking right now.
I do hope he is not sending the ISS an electric sports car as well.
Hides behind sofa.

It's great advertising. When it returns to Earth, it will be a
collector's item. If they've just thrown the car away, it's a
stupid stunt ruining the company's reputation.

Old February 18th 18, 09:38 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

The thing is though, Maybe he has his own agenda, and joining a long winded
Nasa funded way of doing business won't get him where he wants to go, so to
speak.
Brian

--
----- -