ASTRO: Abell 80

Old October 1st 17, 11:06 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Default ASTRO: Abell 80

In the second half of August I spent five nights on the planetary nebula Abell 80 (PK102-05.1), which is a bit larger than two arcminutes.
The conditions were changeable, two nights were very good by city standards, the other three were impaired by moon, thin clouds or dew on the corrector plate.

In addition to Ha and OIII, I also took a short RGB sequence to colour the stars.

Taken from my rooftop terrace in Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF at 2050mm focal length (CCDT67 Reducer) on a G11 mount, ASI1600MMcool camera, 125x5 minutes Ha, 95x5 minutes OIII and 9x30 seconds each for RGB.

I have attached a version that is downsized to 50% and slightly cropped, image scale is 0.76"/pixel.

As OIII is weak I also attach a comparison of both channels. There you can see that OIII is present, but it has a "hole" at the same place as Halpha. This is different from M57, where the hole in the Ha channel is filled by OIII.
The comparison shows the unedited stacks in full size (0.38"/pixel).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Abell80colourneugut.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	385.7 KB
ID:	6705  Click image for larger version

Name:	Abell80compHaOIII.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	447.7 KB
ID:	6706
Stefan

ASTRO: Abell 82 slilge Astro Pictures 1 November 22nd 16 01:57 AM
ASTRO: Abell 81 the northern most Abell planetary nebula Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 2 March 3rd 14 08:25 PM
ASTRO: ABELL 48//Pk 29+0.1 Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 0 May 11th 13 04:17 AM
ASTRO: PN ABELL 70 Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 0 May 7th 13 08:05 AM
ASTRO: PK 59-18.1 AKA Abell 72 Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 5 June 1st 10 09:58 PM