"Mars ~ The Reality

Old August 9th 05, 06:37 PM
Twittering One

Default "Mars ~ The Reality

"Mars ~ The Reality

'So this is where Elysium lies,
just north of Atlantis,
on the far side of Barsoom.'
~ Dian Ackerman

Mars glows like a burning ember embedded in the night,
and as a result it has long been linked
with the color red and the god of war,
an association made by Aristotle in the fourth century BC,
and before that by the Babylonians,
who named the planet after Nergal, a warrior god of death,
destruction, and disorder."

~ Nancy Hathaway
From "The Friendly Guide to the Universe"

[p. 106]

"Know, that's just a barstool,
On the far side of the Pin Ball Machine ~ !"
~ Stainsbury

~ * ~
Blog, I'll warrant ye, or dog? Who knows. Pass the grog!
But if ye see me lost pup, please bring that scurvy dog home!
I got Leon a brand-new bone, with a chest full a' booty.
_________________
http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

Old August 9th 05, 06:42 PM
Twittering One

"Star Light, Star Bright
Star light, star bright,
First, O, 1st, star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight."
~ Star Noir

Old August 9th 05, 06:53 PM
Twittering One

"Yes I muttered, late night slowly, sleepy eyed towards my chamber
door,
pondering of Twitty and Holly, sweet lullaby's still ringing in my
gentle slumber, While still knocking, tap, tap, tapping, who I thought
could be at my humble door, 'why this hour, why this moment,' a
visitor
hapless at my chamber door, 'gently knocking, knock, knock, knocking,
Only this, and nothing more.' (the nightbat)

Just for you and Holly as I pace the silent night."
later sweet,
the nightbat

"O, lovely, batty du nuit, no,
I did not see that. Very sweet, very lovely cradle
Chaconne de nuit. Unlocking slumber's tumblers,
Click, click, click ..."
~ Twittering

"!Pavesco, pavesco!"
~ Twittering

"*The Eagle* has landed!"
~ //!!

"!Great!"
~ Folly

"All The Life is another essential thing
In The Structure and The Form,
Some obvious, some invisible, some oblivious.
The ignorance of The Return of Thee ~ Of The Knowledge
And The Will records you with The Incoherence,
And The Amusing,
But sadly, too, The Indifference."
~ Coppola

"!Pavesco, pavesco!"
~ Twittering

"Skybuck flying ~
Skybuck lights upon spruce.
O's & 1's snow. Knowledge branches."
~ White Chalk

"1's & O's snow. Knowledge
Illuminates burning spruce,
Glitters dawn~ glittered ice."
~ Etude

"Spruce nice."
~ Folly

"1's & O's snow. Knowing
Ignites burning spruce,
Air ~ borne rising ember sparks flame,
Sparkles dawn~ glittered ice,
Illumination apr=E8s night."
~ Acacia

"O,
Spruce very, very nice."
~ Folly

"Pretty goose,
Perched in your spruce, very wise goose, too,
My Folly."
~ Twittering

*

"Ecstatic occasions,
Expedient forms ~ !"
~ The Annotator

Old August 9th 05, 07:12 PM
Twittering One

"What about the Swiss aliens?
Did they run away in abject terror
Again?"
~ Bookman

"I object! I object! I object!
Your Parliamentary Procedure,
O, so out of whack ~ !

If it pleases you,
Or conversely, if you'll agree to please me,
I will gladly, to you, demonstrate
A proper motion, a properly executed delusion
For inclusion ~ !"
~ Calvin

"Coming into the country,
Traveling very far from The Land Of Alaskan Yaks ~ !

Get back ~ !

Something very strange, I have captured,
Something very, very odd, no name,
Nonetheless, all the same,
Something that resembles a very highly over ~ vexed white rabbit,

Marching hurriedly, too clever by half, clearly over harried,
Too over ~
Taxed by time,
Who pockets a pocket watch

Too
Tick
Tocking
Tick
Tocking
Tick
Too
Tick
Tocking
Tick
Tocking
Too

Unlocking
A clock @ Mid Nyte ~ !"
~ J McPhee

Old August 9th 05, 07:16 PM
Twittering One

[O, scene iii, @ Midnight,
Under the chiming clock @ The Sherry Lagin]

!3 O'clock...

*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!)

"O, deer.
The clock, something off,
No?"
~ White Chalk

*

"Amphigory Allegory Order Comic Divine Profane ~

Icon, half yours,
Half mine.

[Or so, Alfred
Corn taught me.]

An emblematic
Instamatic snap shot made fine art
For a Golden ~ Gilded Frame."
~ Red Conte

"My will, my way,
No longer mine.
Restrained, I am, I know,

Folded back, bent toward another
Shore,
A shored up goal,

My role to play, to say,
To stay, lend my essential support.

But O woe ~ Know ~!
I am me,
You must see, you must allow
Me what's mine,

What method
Suits me, what clothes I prefer
Worn. For surely, you know
Me well enough

To know,
I share all I have. I serve
With all my heart, my ardor's light.
My will's yours
If right you, too, serve.

What are years?
What dinner do you now serve?
For yes, my part,
I've well rehearsed.

My hunger whines,
My heart yearns.

What are years?
Yes, Sauterne served chilled

At The Mars Bar
Suits my appetite more than fine!

The rest,
Surely you know, yes?"
~ Twittering

*

Old August 9th 05, 07:48 PM
Raving Loonie

Twittering One wrote:
[O, scene iii, @ Midnight,
Under the chiming clock @ The Sherry Lagin]

!3 O'clock...

*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!)

"O, deer.
The clock, something off,
No?"
~ White Chalk

*

[cut]

The rest,
Surely you know, yes?"
~ Twittering

*

Mad T.V. ?

money ?

Raving

Old August 9th 05, 09:52 PM
Twittering One

Money ?
~ Raving

Poetry makes no money,
Raving. I seek Justice & Sanity.
~ Twittering

~ * ~
Manner Gone By Creative Substances
Of ~ Of TRADITION of FAMILY Of ~ Of
The Labyrinth Library
~ * 9 Ways of Being
An Accessory to Another's Sin ~ !
~ * ~ ~ ~

* Consilio * Counsel *
* Mandato * Command *
* Approbatione * Consent *
* Provocatione * Provocation *
* Laude vel Blandimento * Praise or Flattery *
* Occultatione * Concealment *
* Participe * Partaking *
* Silentio * Silence *
* Defensio Maleficii * Defense of the Ill Done *
~ * ~ ~ ~
~ * Quattuor Virtutes Cardinales,
The 4 Cardinal Virtues ~ !
~ * ~ ~ ~

* Prudentia * Prudence *
* Iustitia * Justice *
* Fortitudo * Fortitude *
* Temperantia * Temperance *
~ * ~ ~ ~
Confessions Ledge ~ Summa CCIVX
Sphere de Wood Rustica Shakespeare
Of Production of Morning ~ In Addition to Central
* Arts of Continuation * Embrumant Occupies * It Is a Star *
~ * ~

Old August 9th 05, 09:57 PM
Twittering One

"Weeping plain song sung for you,
Sewing truth. A willow weeps,
Today, for you, forsooth. Speak truth, may your view
See far and clear, if through a tear's
Deserted prism. Reason sleeps."
~ Blackstone

Old August 9th 05, 10:00 PM
Raving Loonie

Twittering One wrote:
Money ?
~ Raving

Poetry makes no money,
Raving. I seek Justice & Sanity.
~ Twittering

See ~~~~ http://www.madtv.com/

Earlier you upchucked ...

[O, scene iii, @ Midnight,
Under the chiming clock @ The Sherry Lagin]

!3 O'clock...

*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong* (coo-coo!) *bong*
(coo-coo!)
*bong* (coo-coo!)

"O, deer.
The clock, something off,
No?"
~ White Chalk

IMO, Classic !

I can imagine that you could be a most amusing comedic screenwriter,
Twittering Darkly. Your style might lend itself very well to such a
thing.

What do others think ?

RL

Old August 9th 05, 11:26 PM
Twittering One

"IMO, Classic !

I can imagine that you could be a most amusing
Comedic screenwriter,
Twittering Darkly. Your style might lend itself very well
To such a Late Night
Thing.

What do others think ?"
~ Raving

"Dunno. I'm watching Mr.
David Letterman's Top 10 Reasons Not Kill
Yourself, your Elf Lord, or your Land Lord, and Twittering's too
Busy writing Mr.
Randy Cohen a letter ~

Dear Ethics Columnist
The New York Times
New York City

In regard to ...

The Ethicist
Clearing the Bar
By RANDY COHEN
The New York Times
August 7, 2005

"My neighborhood bar flouts the city's smoking ban, making me, a
nonsmoker, want to avoid the place. But I love this bar, and there
aren't many others close by with low prices and a good jukebox. I've
thought about making an anonymous complaint to the city, but I don't
want to burden a local business with a heavy fine. Should I stop
whining and just take my business elsewhere?
~ Kathryn Klencheski, Brooklyn

You should neither abandon the bar nor call the cops, at least not
immediately. Instead, say something to the bartender -- calmly,
tactfully, so you don't get yourself banned. You can pick up the phone
later if that conversation proves ineffective. It is not your
obligation to police the city's smoking ban, but you have the right to
complain if the place ignores a law intended to safeguard its customers
and employees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/07/ma...ETHICIST.html?