Bright object ?

Old May 7th 04, 02:14 AM
Father Time

Default Bright object ?

Good Evening All,

I see the brightest object in the sky towards the west and wondered what it
could be.

I am in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

It caught my eye during dusk when not much was visible.

I just checked again and it sems to be dropping to the North West.

I guess it could be a planet. Nothing is brighter than it, in my field of
vision in all directions.

Kind Regards,

Father Time

Old May 7th 04, 02:21 AM
Scoffer

Good Evening All,

I see the brightest object in the sky towards the west and wondered
what it could be.

I am in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

It caught my eye during dusk when not much was visible.

I just checked again and it sems to be dropping to the North West.

I guess it could be a planet. Nothing is brighter than it, in my
field of vision in all directions.

Kind Regards,

Father Time

Venus . Its going cresent now. Really nice view tonight, isn't it?

J"vlle Fla too...

Old May 7th 04, 03:17 AM
Father Time

Venus . Its going cresent now. Really nice view tonight, isn't it?

Scoffer,

It is the best I've seen.

I just went and checked again and it is gone.

Nothing else of note from my location.

Thanks for the information.

Kind Regards,

Father Time

Old May 7th 04, 03:22 AM
Paul Lawler

"Father Time" wrote in message
Good Evening All,

I see the brightest object in the sky towards the west and wondered what

it
could be.

I am in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

It caught my eye during dusk when not much was visible.

I just checked again and it sems to be dropping to the North West.

I guess it could be a planet. Nothing is brighter than it, in my field of
vision in all directions.

That's Venus (super bright)... look up and to the left from Venus for Mars
(not very bright) and Saturn (pretty bright).